Dimnzy

How I became a bandit.

I started playing Dayz about a year ago, After hearing alot of fuss about this new Arma 2 mod and hearing my friends raving about it I decided to finally download and try it for the first time.

after countless hours of trying to make the mod work I finally launch it and join a busy server, it is night time and with the added creepy music I soon find myself creeping and crawling about in the alleys of what I will soon discover to be Electro.

every sighting of a zombie combined with the creepy music and the night-time sends my heartbeat skyrocketing through the roof, hearing their disgusting screeches as they walk around aimlessly absolutely terrifies me.

I realize that this is too much for me to handle so I slowly move towards a nearby coffee shop, enter it cautiously and hide behind the stairs.

I log out and call it a day, I go to sleep with mixed feelings of excitment and fear.

I wake up feeling ready to play again, I join our Vent server and ask for some advice from my close friends who are on.

Now I feel ready, I launch the game and Join the server I was on the day before.

It is daytime and I feel a lot more calm and relaxed.

I search the coffee shop for loot and find myself an alice pack, a few cans of food and a can of coke.

I walk out of the Coffee shop and head out to what I persume to be a Super market, slowly and carefully I crawl by trees, bushes and buildings, stopping and waiting each time to let zombies pass.

I finally reach my destination without alerting a single Zed.

I walk inside through the back enterance and after finding a map and some more food I cautiously and slowly move towards the main room

as I walk inside the main room feeling like I've achieved something great I spot another player laying on the floor in the corner armed with a lee enfield pointing it at the main enterance, I immideately hide behind a food shelf and as I'm trying to communicate with him by voice chat and telling him that I'm friendly just like my friends adviced me to do I hear shots flying over my head.

my heartbeat starts racing again, I really don't want to loose the things I collected, the player doesn't seem to know that I am in fact not armed because he doesn't move an inch from his spot keeping his rifle aimed at the general location where I might peak out.

In the corner of my screen I spot a double barrel shotgun, "Yes! a weapon!" I think to myself as I turn to it slowly and I am just close enough to pick it up!, I nervously take it.

I know what I have to do, I get up and start running towards him, while bullets are flying all over the place.

thinking back, it was probably a really stupid thing for me to do, it was just mere luck that I didn't get shot that day.

it must have been his last magazine because the shooting stops and I have him pinned down not moving, he obviously accepted his defeat waiting for what is surely soon to come.

he suddenly whispers three words with a really raspy voice, a voice that I will never forget; "Don't do it".

I stare at him coldly while aiming down at his head.

I pull the trigger with no remorse.

I soon hear the flies and I know he is dead.

I loot his body feeling both sad and at the same time happy.

This was my first encounter with a player in Dayz, a first encounter I will never forget.

The End

This story is in fact largely a real experience I had, I added some stuff in just for it to sound better. keep in mind that English isn't my first language and that I largely self learned it myself by spending large amounts of time on the internet reading articles, forum posts and such.

please also note that I have never written something like this, give me some feed back on errors I may have made while writing this. thank you.

Edited by Dimnzy
  • Like 8

Too lazy to read, but I bet it's a cool story.

• Like 1

good work you doing :thumbsup:

you feel 50/50 happy/sad? :huh:

is normal ;)

after 50 kill this change to 95/5 happy sad :P

most important thing is remember is game for fun

also remember this guy kill you for sure if he have chance for this

best way for find motivate for kill no guilt feel?

just think how you feel last time some guy kill you no reason, is make sad changing to happy in 0 second  :thumbsup: :ph34r:

Considering English isn't your first language, very well done. He was a bollox anyway, you had the drop and tried to be friendly but all he could think about was getting more gear he probably didn't need. Anyway, good article!

Edited by IrishHugo

How did I become a bandit?

Well it all started as a normal day of live and die in dayz mostly by fellow survivors wanting whatever I've managed to find. Death after death I started realizing how much of a loser and/or push-over I am. My first kill was shooting some fresh spawn hero skin dude in the back of the leg being chased by at least 10 zombies. The second kill was when I found c-4 laid it at a store entrance and set it of on a person (store also collapsed). and the kill that made it my last kill till banditry was a shot to the head with a makarov on some dude I thought was sniping Bambi's turned out he was over watch for his friend. Day full of gear and i died 2 more kills later.

Deleted.

I have changed my ways and became a hero now..

Edited by C0okieH

The first point where I decided to be a bandit was when me and my group got a huey we instantly went along coast shooting new spawns with the guns... good times

Prepare for the rants about how you are not a bandit. They will be here...

The first point where I decided to be a bandit was when me and my group got a huey we instantly went along coast shooting new spawns with the guns... good times

I don't think you know what the word bandit means.....

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH-1-.jpg

Edited by Conkykillz

I became a bandit by stalking a hopeless Bambi into the Cherno firestation. Thinking from before I placed a bear-trap at the ladder on the ground outside of firehall. Gumby runs across roof. I'm shooting around him to make him scurry towards the ladder. 

Makes it to the ladder climbs down. POP broken legs.

I left the area. I'm sure zombies ate him

Bandits and survivors shoot me, regardless of my skin or theirs....

This is how I became a bandit. Although to be fair, survivors have a slightly lower chance of trying to kill you if you also have the survivor skin.

Either way, when you get the bandit skin, there is no way back (unless you make someone bleed and bloodbag them repeatedly multiple times which is just bullshit) - meaning the only way to survive then is to kill survivors and bandits because you can be sure both will shoot on site.

It seems to me that lately survivors are a lot more friendly, nowadays. Or is it just the Australians I play with?

Anyhow, I became a bandit when I was walking (well, running) down the streets of Elektro, having just completed my third run of Balota-Cherno-Barn-Prigorodki-Barn-Elektro when I came upon a hero with an L85. I considered the options... Should I kill this man for his gun, or run around with him, and have him killed by the endless snipers? I chose to do the honourable thing, and save him from a broken leg and waiting for his knockout to complete.

I killed him. Have led a successful life since, without dying once. Except for hackers...

Until the standalone comes out I'm pretty much Killing on sight, because it's what 90% of people do now anyways.

Do not do that, use the force and help other survivors, or play arma II or BF3 if you want to kos   :P

But it's true, most people kos, that why i usually follow other players, to understand their behaviour and if they could help me or would kill me.

I always try to help people who ask in chat, a lot of times they are just setting traps.

What i've learn in about 10-15 hours of gameplay? Be supercarefull, don't reveal my position, don't trust other players.

But i'll still try to help them, and if they try to kill me, i'll defend myself     ;)

Until the standalone comes out I'm pretty much Killing on sight, because it's what 90% of people do now anyways.

Whenever I'm in doubt on whether I should eliminate my target, I remember these wise words from Lamb of God's Randy Blythe - "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy.

Remorse is for the dead."

Exactly, my dear  Liftcore - exactly.

Besides, you're giving them back the excitement and intensity of being a newspawn!