Sign in to follow this  
timedance

Heading north(airfields) ? vs."I´m nearly done with Day Z"

Played the whole weekend.... - build my stash in the wild outside... :)

Now I am nearly 30 days alive :D - and what should I do? WHAT DA HELL?

WHY do all going into the north to the airfields? Only for high-end weapons? :lol:

Thats crazy... - because - all in all the airfields are "PvsP -region" <_<

There must be other reasons to go north, because in real - you can not only survive with a AS50... that makes no sense.. > I also can survive with a lee enfield ;)

And I also do not need a vehicle...

Sometimes I visit cherno or electro... - first I check region with binoculars, than I see dead survivors down on firestation roof... or on roof of school... - WHY should I go in? A dam camper snipes all guys running into the city...  - and WHY should I go into city? I do not need any more... :D

I have compass, lighters, hatchet, shovel(etool), binocular, 2x waterbottles, hunting knife... - thats all you need ;)

day Z is going more and more boring... - there are no real challenges that disburse... running or hiking around the map like an idiot :rolleyes: - thats all - hiking simulator with COD-kiddies... :rolleyes:

I only see future in this mod, when you can do things on your own(MORE crafting), build some on your own in wild etc....

RAW MATERIALS like wood, stone, iron etc MUST BE MORE USEFULL

Only COD-players think best guns are needed to survive outside... - the focus must be going more on survival with raw materials! - So put yourself into a outside living guy.. and think about.. YOUR High-tech gun can give you nearly nothing out there!

EDIT: YO ADMIN PIN THIS SHIT ON BOARD! :D

Edited by TiMEDANCE
  • Like 4

I'd hatchet your hut and build a castle over it with laser gun towers all around it.

You've fallen into the trap of coveting your gear and aged character so much you've made it boring.

Get your character killed and get back on the coast as a fresh spawn. You have nothing to lose then and that's usually more fun.

• Like 2

You've fallen into the trap of coveting your gear and aged character so much you've made it boring.

Get your character killed and get back on the coast as a fresh spawn. You have nothing to lose then and that's usually more fun.

This. DayZ is what you make it. If you find yourself bored, you should try to remember that it's just a game and there's really no actual loss in taking risks. Also, give yourself something to do. You know that old saying, "if you're bored, then you're boring"?

When I get myself nice and set-up and bored, I like to go around the map doing "guardian angel" missions, like giving players in need free food, water, antibiotics, ect. For this reason I only go on servers that have side-chat enabled, so I can communicate remotely with the people I want to help out. I usually don't meet up with them. I just leave the item(s) they need in a location, bug out, and give them coordinates. It's fun. Also I like to stalk unarmed or lowly armed players and protect them, if I can. Stuff like that. It's entirely up to you what you do with your time in the game, so just make some objectives for yourself. Try getting killed and then hunting down your killer for vengeance. That's always entertaining.

Yeah, what Hetstaine said.

DayZ's about making your own fun, give yourself some objectives to do, like fix up a vehicle, make a bigger camp or maybe load up on medical supplies and help out people on the coast or something. Don't be afraid to die, starting over again is half the fun :P

Are you kidding?  Unless you were King Dupe before 1.8 rolled out, this is Hunt for Antibiotics Simulator 2013, sequel to the hugely popular Run With Flares Simulator 2012.

• Like 4

Seems like you're avoiding all the fun things to do so you don't die. Shit, I can stay alive for 30 days if I avoid all human interaction as well.

I think everyone's done it at some point. I got over mine a bit and started to take more risks. Died falling down Pik Kolova lol

Are you kidding?  Unless you were King Dupe before 1.8 rolled out, this is Hunt for Antibiotics Simulator 2013, sequel to the hugely popular Run With Flares Simulator 2012.

Well, there were actually people who played and managed to figure out how to survive without checking, but that means you have to actually play the game and not throw up your hands in defeat. 

fix a car and run over people . game is not fun by himsekf you must make it fun = not fun at all  :lol:

Well, there were actually people who played and managed to figure out how to survive without checking, but that means you have to actually play the game and not throw up your hands in defeat. 

Lolwut?

Lolwut?

Sorry, autocorrect changed "cheating" to "checking" on me. I was basically saying that anyone who thought it was "Hunt for Antibiotics" needed to learn how to play the game. 

In that case lolwut and :emptycan:

What an awesome argument and/or discussion.  It ranks up there with:

"Is too!"

"Na uh!"

"Is too!"

"Na uh!"

"Is too!"

"Na uh!"

"Is too!"

"Na uh!"

"Is too!"

"Na uh!"

"Is too!"

"Na uh!"

People don't want to just survive ...they want to have fun gathering the best loot whilst having the threat of bandits and zeds trying to kill them or you hunting/killing other players...also high end weapons are fun to use ...especially if your a bandit. North as you know has all the high end gear and chopper crashes.

Edited by Massicor

Mabie for you ...but not for everyone else.

First I thought I made a joke, but now I realize that the realism / immersion argument just beats everything else anyway. So... I win, you lose. Fun must be patched out. I feel sorry for ya.

Nah, I really have a lot of fun playing DayZ, eben without KoS and stuff. But if I need a kick, I may try some player interaction, sneak into a town or visit the NE Airfield.

More crafting would be nice though.

Edited by Ken Bean

Make your own adventure, leave all your shit behind and go somewhere dangerous, possibly a PvP zone, find that camping sniper, or get a friend or two and run Ops in cities. The game is as good as you make it, its only a mod, so the SA will get you back into it if nothing else :)

*Fun