Theheroicbandit

weapon suggestions

What weapons should or shouldnt they add to the DayZ standalone? Im thinking they should put in a aa12, or a flamethrower. Just a thought.

No flamethrower, unless there's an ability to start forest fires and burn down buildings-which there isn't.

AA12? Maybe. Seems like a good way to let noobs run out of 12g really quickly.

For the most part (and this is Dean's opinion as far as I know), civilian-level hunting and home-defence/ex-military equipment should be scattered across the map. Makarovs, Ak47s, Cz550s, various other hunting rifles, pistols, and bird-game shotguns.

My opinion is on top of that, there should be plenty of (though hard to find) USA-quality American weapons as well; there WAS a war in Chernarus in which the US rolled in with all its guns and bullets, after all. There should also be the KSVK Russian anti-material rifle and static machine guns that 2-4 people can brake down and transport in place of backpacks.

AA12 no, Flamethrower.....maybe.

There's already other topics dedicated to weapons suggestions.  I would personally like to see them shy away from 'advanced' military weapons that would in all likelyhood never even pass through a post soviet country like Chenarus, much less just be sitting in a firestation or barracks.  I'd like to see more civilian weapons than anything else.  I don't mind seeing someone carrying an M4 loaded to the gills with Taticool stuff, but when everyone's packing an M4A1F91 Model J Prototype, I have a problem.

• Like 2

Im thinking they should put in a aa12, or a flamethrower.

In that case they should also include the full cast of The Expendables.

Would be very authentic, I'm sure.

Dunno about a bb gun but a pellet gun might do in a snap.  After all a .22LR will have the same end result of a .50 BMG to the head.  Sure the .50's a lot more fun and messy, but the end result is the same.