Sign in to follow this  
nL.Jason

A few 1.8, upcoming or StandAlone suggestions.

Well getting straight to the point, add more weapons.

I know you and us, the community dont like the AS50 kind of guns(the high end military weapons) but I wanna say, i've been playing DayZero since 3 months and was not willing to return to normal DayZ untill now, that is because of FISHING :D and the new sounds, and the UI, I wonder why you changed this if it's getting removed in SA, does this means it might be in the SA?

Anywayyy, add more weapons..the weapons we have now are not enough. I know you are working on it and redoing everything with the damages etc. I'm just here to put some guns in I like to see.

> G3A3 , ALL variants please :D pretty sure this'll work with the crafting system with weapon attachments.

> HK 416 variants, another CqB gun.

> Stechlin APS w/e pistol, like it alot;p

> M21 , IDK if DayZero made this or if its an actual rifle in one of the ArmA2's

> Camoed backpacks

> Groza 5.61's

> More coloured cars, not every type of car with the same colour, more kind of boats IF THATS POSSIBLE WITH ARMA.

> Maybe remove zeroing, I like this idea, IDK about the others but please feel free to disagree obviously ;)

-- I know alot of this is being worked on for SA, and please excuse me if I wasted your time by writing this but I just really hope atleast the G3A3,M21 and camoed backpacks are going to be in.

Thanks for adding the STmovement into 1.8 aswell ;D now we just need more FirstPerson only servers!

now we just need more FirstPerson only servers!

I'm not really too fussed about more weapons and stuff being added. This I strongly agree with though!

• Like 5

Why so many weapons again...?

I disagree a bit with the car colors...in post soviet union you could be happy if you were able to choose from different colors other than black or white lol :rolleyes:  jk I don't think they had colors like red candy metalic, grabber blue or gotta have it green in the soviet union to choose from. Plain colors like green, red, blue, white, black would be the typical colors in an 80s car setup.

While removing zeroing might be a good idea i would only slightly modify it. Normally you won't dial in every change in distance, you just wouldn't have the time and could easily confuse which way to turn the nob in hectic. The PSO scope on the other hand was meant to or could be adjusted much easier if my information is correct, you measure the distance with the rangefinder then you could dial in. You could even shoot yup to 1300m using the first three chevrons when you dial to 1000m. With a mildot scope you have to do the match after measuring the height in dots ir mils then either dial if you have the time or just add elevation. Normally you would stick to a certain set distance and do the kentucky windage.

Would be nice if rather than skoda_blue it would just be Skoda and the color/texture would be randomized at spawn, could be a shiny white skoda that Grandpa Alexi took good care of ever since he was issued it for his service in the Great War, or Cousin's Adam's car that's 7 different colors and has a rag for a gascap.

I would agree with removing zeroing for some weapons with iron sights. Why? The way it is right now, think it's too easy to change the range. "Taptaptap" now you're SPOT ON at 600 meters - with an AKM. Really? No fiddling with the rear sight, just "taptaptap" instantaneously. I think that's worse than just leaving it out.

Look at the muzzle velocity and ballistic coefficients of 7.62x39 vs 5.56x45.

The 5.56 should shoot much flatter (less bullet drop), this should be an advantage to 5.45 and 5.56 weapons - but it's not, because the AKM has "zeroing" for some reason so you barely even need to consider the bullet drop compared to the fixed-zero M4s and M16s in the game.

Edited by Gews

New weapons are being added. Camoed Backpacks are in the game. Presumably more are coming. 

I actually mean like coyote (woodland) :D

Would be nice if rather than skoda_blue it would just be Skoda and the color/texture would be randomized at spawn, could be a shiny white skoda that Grandpa Alexi took good care of ever since he was issued it for his service in the Great War, or Cousin's Adam's car that's 7 different colors and has a rag for a gascap.

I know what you're saying, I didnt mean those fancy shining colours though, more like woodland greenish or desert brownish, kind of blurry red stuff etc etc.

Why so many weapons again...?

I disagree a bit with the car colors...in post soviet union you could be happy if you were able to choose from different colors other than black or white lol :rolleyes:  jk I don't think they had colors like red candy metalic, grabber blue or gotta have it green in the soviet union to choose from. Plain colors like green, red, blue, white, black would be the typical colors in an 80s car setup.

While removing zeroing might be a good idea i would only slightly modify it. Normally you won't dial in every change in distance, you just wouldn't have the time and could easily confuse which way to turn the nob in hectic. The PSO scope on the other hand was meant to or could be adjusted much easier if my information is correct, you measure the distance with the rangefinder then you could dial in. You could even shoot yup to 1300m using the first three chevrons when you dial to 1000m. With a mildot scope you have to do the match after measuring the height in dots ir mils then either dial if you have the time or just add elevation. Normally you would stick to a certain set distance and do the kentucky windage.

Thanks for the comment =) I just think its weird you think there are already enough guns in the game while I can only think of M16. M4, DMR , M24 and a couple of shotguns as primary weapons. and Yeah, the removing zeroing might modify some scopes/bullet drops on shotguns or rifles with ACOG scopes.

I like zeroing. I think if you pick up a powerful weapon you shouldn't instantly be a pro with it. I can snipe in COD, whereas I can't really do it well in DayZ. I'm not a gun nut, well maybe halfway there, for me the guns handling in a slightly more realistic fashion in DayZ is part of the appeal. It means that a fire fight takes planning, patience and a little knowledge/experience. 

Sure, adjusting the zeroing is just tapping a button on a keyboard, but then that's what everything is because this is a game, I think it translates well enough.

I like zeroing. I think if you pick up a powerful weapon you shouldn't instantly be a pro with it. I can snipe in COD, whereas I can't really do it well in DayZ. I'm not a gun nut, well maybe halfway there, for me the guns handling in a slightly more realistic fashion in DayZ is part of the appeal. It means that a fire fight takes planning, patience and a little knowledge/experience. 

Sure, adjusting the zeroing is just tapping a button on a keyboard, but then that's what everything is because this is a game, I think it translates well enough.

I agree with you, I had that in mind not everyone is a gun expert :D

If they actually add a mil based zeroing system to foreign rifles instead of 100-200-300-400 it would be good. People would have either learn the system or do some on the fly corrections if they want to squeeze off some quick follow up shots. This would favor fixed zoom rifles and rifles using a metric setup like the PSO scope i mentioned above.

> G3A3 , ALL variants please :D pretty sure this'll work with the crafting system with weapon attachments.

> HK 416 variants, another CqB gun.

> Stechlin APS w/e pistol, like it alot;p

> M21 , IDK if DayZero made this or if its an actual rifle in one of the ArmA2's

> Groza 5.61's

The G3 (and other variants, of which the A3 is), makes sense for the standalone because of how common the weapon is worldwide (Similar to the AKM and FN FAL) 

The HK-416 doesn't really make much sense, since it's not heavily exported outside of Germany and the U.S. (at the moment).

The Stechkin APS could be feasible for the Standalone, but it's not very heavily used anymore. Then again, I could see them adding it if they wanted more Russian guns.

The M21 doesn't fit the standalone that much (Unless they have some reason for adding M14 variants). It'd be fine if they did M1A rifles (Civilianized M14s) and variants of those with scopes, but the militarized M21 isn't used that much anymore. [And the M21 is from RobertHammer's M14 pack, which is a modification for Arma 2 that DayZero used]

The Groza OTs-14, like the APS, could be in the game, but it's a very uncommon design anywhere outside of Russia itself. 

Edited by Chaingunfighter