Sign in to follow this  
FuckNut

How to make a Huey unflyable... srsly, how?

Heyho guys and girls,

So first of all, sry if this is not the right topic for this, but I did not find a better one (except of the Private Hive, but I hope it doesn't matter that much) :)

I'm playin' on the "noAim" PH Server, and there u can salvage vehicles.

So I've got my fully repaired Huey and now my question is: What parts do I have to salvage to make this thing unflyable? I salvaged (?!) Engine, HRotor and VRotor and some of the instruments, and after we shot the Huey a few times on the engine it still could start, but it turned randomly in one direction (so we destroyed the VRotor I think).

If you can help me and tell me what I have to do that it doesn't even start, I would be freakin' happy :)

Greetings,

FuckNut

PS: I hope your answer won't be shoot the hell out of this thing ;D

Without the main rotor it should be unflyable.

Yeah, it should be but it ins't :/

Satchel charge should do the trick

Uhm... I think you are trollin'... but cause of all the bugs in DayZ: How? :D

Edited by FuckNut

Best tip I can give you on this one would have to be put it into auto hover at around 15-20FT then cut the engines, this should hopefully do enough damage to the engine to make it unusable.

Enjoy!

Just damage the rear rotor. No one wants to fly one while it's spinning in circles. 

Depending on the chopper it isn't all that hard. I grabbed a Little Bird less than a week ago from an area which had no tail rotor function. Take off straight up spinning until you get enough height and then rock it out and you can get enough control to fly around. Landing is the hard part. You need a clear and flat area, bring it in fast and bleed speed at the last second. Usually you come down hard enough you damage other things but if you can get it away from a contested area to an area where maybe you have supplies to repair it that rough landing can be worth it. 

just take the engine out and your good.  Nothing works without that lol.

Yeah, I know it should be like that but it isn't ^^

Just damage the rear rotor. No one wants to fly one while it's spinning in circles. 

That's the best tip so far :) Thanks dude ^^

Depending on the chopper it isn't all that hard. I grabbed a Little Bird less than a week ago from an area which had no tail rotor function. Take off straight up spinning until you get enough height and then rock it out and you can get enough control to fly around. Landing is the hard part. You need a clear and flat area, bring it in fast and bleed speed at the last second. Usually you come down hard enough you damage other things but if you can get it away from a contested area to an area where maybe you have supplies to repair it that rough landing can be worth it. 

And with Huey and Mi-17?

If you ask me, any heli is easy to fly without the tail rotor (VRotor) as long as you have the space to get it up. If I were to remove a part with the intent to keep it grounded, it'd be the engine and main rotor.

Engine because without that it won't go, and the main rotor because it's a pain for someone else to find.

That's only if I intend on going back to it. If I just wanted to keep it grounded permanently without wasting ammo/time on it, I'd remove fuel parts and leave it running. Not sure if they leak with the parts gone but it's significantly less efficient I know.

Edited by Diggydug

If you ask me, any heli is easy to fly without the tail rotor (VRotor) as long as you have the space to get it up. If I were to remove a part with the intent to keep it grounded, it'd be the engine and main rotor.

Engine because without that it won't go, and the main rotor because it's a pain for someone else to find.

That's only if I intend on going back to it. If I just wanted to keep it grounded permanently without wasting ammo/time on it, I'd remove fuel parts and leave it running. Not sure if they leak with the parts gone but it's significantly less efficient I know.

I fully agree here a helo with a broken TR is easy enough to use after a few tries your best off crash landing it fella, yes more work to repair but this can sometimes deter would be looters!

Sadly choppers Still Work after Removing The Engine And Main Rotor. Your Best Bet Is To fly Around Till All The Fuel Is Gone And Park It In A Safe Spot At The Last Second. Then Remove The main Rotor so if Someone Finds It They'll Think Its Completely Broken And Hopefully Leave It Alone. Or What I Do Is shoot The Hell Outta The Engine After Removing it Till It Won't Work. Sorry About The Caps. I'm On

Phone And It Capatalizes Every Word Lol.

Edited by Dereck541

To render a helicopter unflyable, let the guy on your team, claiming to be a "pro pilot" fly the helicopter for 5-10 minutes.

And with Huey and Mi-17?

I've done it with a Huey and left the engine orange but usable, no glass left in the thing though. :) Never bothered to try with the Mi-17 that thing is a pig WITH a tail rotor.

Still feel annoying when being disturbed cell phone calls?  Don’t want this bad thing to happen again and again in your life and work? Ok, do not be anxious, the cell phone jammer can be your first and best selection. And if you want to know more about this kind of device,  you can gain the useful information you want.

Edited by clenmenttohn