hpmon

Top 5 Tips for DayZ

Hello, Iv been playing DayZ on and off since the mod came out sometimes for hours a day and other times only one hour. I would like to start posting random things like this on the forum for fun and hopefully to get some decent information out. Anyway here are 5 tips i thought of last night that might help you play, understand and enjoy the game more.

1. If you want to kill players on site, go for it. If you want to help people and work together, go for it. There is no correct way to play DayZ. People enjoy helping others and perhaps making their DayZ experience better where as others prefer killing people on site for the pure thrill and excitement it brings. Although people say the act of banditry is a poor way to play the game there are still no rules to say you can't do it. Play the game the way you like it. That's what games are for right?

2. Don't get too attached to your gear. The more you get attached to that lovely DMR you just picked up the angrier and sadder you are going to be when you lose it. Trust me picking up a DMR and scouting everywhere you go to spot other survivors who's only goal in your eyes is to steal your precious makes the game slow and boring. You never want to go to big cities in case of death, and somehow even the fresh spawn with nothing still posses a threat to keeping your DMR. So trust me play the game you normally do, just look at that DMR as something to use and enjoy while you play rather than change your play style to protecting your bullet firing baby.

3. Everyone dies, so get used to it. No matter how hard you try to stay alive everyone dies eventually. Weather it be a group of bandits or a poor fresh spawn with a hatchet, wedging it into the back of your poor skull, you are going to die at some point. Rather than blurt verbal abuse into global chat, take from it what you can and enjoy starting this amazing game again.

4. The game can be played many ways, so explore. I prefer the lone wolf play type personally but i have played with one other person up to 4 other other people. Each way has it's advantages and disadvantages. If you have nobody to play with there is nothing stopping you making an account on the forum and starting a simple thread titled "looking for a buddy to play DayZ with". See how you like each way of playing the game then decide what's best for you. If you don't explore each aspect then your never going to get the full DayZ experience.

5. Finally, remember it's a unique game. My ideal way of playing DayZ is to go as many days as possible without dying. Scouting out areas for other survivors, gearing myself up the best i can and enjoying what i have for however long i have it is what makes me happy to play the game. I don't kill unless i need to but i don't share what i gain, even if i can't take it all with me. This last tip is enjoy playing the game for what you want it to be about. The game really has no rules. One person might like playing one way where as others another way. The game is versatile and has many different play styles to go with it. People can role-play with the game if they want to, turning it into a kind of walking dead scenario. Others might want to play the role of a medic, making it his or her duty to carry medical supplies and help anyone he or she meets. You can stretch the game anyway you want to. Play it as you wish and disconnect knowing that no matter what happened you had fun :)

Thanks 

Edited by hpmon
  • Like 5

1.screw the gear, the fun is in scavenging and in human interaction.

2.dayz it's your story..play it as you like, or as circumstances require.

3.voice chat..use it.

4.think before shooting.

5.what seems a great idea in the start can put you in the deepest shit ever.

• Like 2

1. Tin cans

2. Flares

3. Whisky bottles

4. Hatchet

5. Cherno

• Like 1

1. AKM

2. Mags

3. 3rd person view

4. Elektro hospital roof

5. Full server

every moment is maximum enjoy :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Edited by KoS

1. Hatchet

2. Matches

3. Hunting knife

4. Water bottle

5. Flares

Now you're ready for the forest. Don't look too aggressive and get some friends. Oh and watch out those zombies covered in blood.

• Like 1

1. Toilet Paper

2. Crow Bar

3. Double Barrel Shotgun

4. Heat Pack

5. Straight Razor