If your going to have them swarm you there inst alot we can do You attracted them its up to you to deal with. Its a clear 1% chance on every hit nothing else comes into play at all during the test run.

also if its a once percent chance how can i get infected 3 times in about ten minutes of play ?

also if you have had antibotics you should become imune for a period of time should you not ?

also if its a once percent chance how can i get infected 3 times in about ten minutes of play ?

also if you have had antibotics you should become imune for a period of time should you not ?

dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandler < search _rndInfection Let me know the percent.

I don't see how this can be viewed as being much worse.  Now you actually have a chance clean the wound before infection takes hold, while before infection was instant.

That's only any good if the wipes aren't as rare as antibiotics.

I only played 1.7.7.1, and watching videos from previous patches made me realize just how easy the zeds were. I even tried Lingor, where the zeds are in pre-patch state, apparently, and my goodness it sucked. Not scary.

Have you guys watched "28 days later"? 1 bite, 1 drop of blood getting in your mouth infects you for good. I know that survivors are immune to the *rage virus*, but can't you get it? It's not the dumb undead we're fighting, after all, the game is meant to be hard. Don't risk it if you know you can't handle the consequences, and stick to "not one bite" rule all the time, because one bite can and will screw you.

That would be ideal in a world where the A.I. weren't some super guys that can walk through walls and see you from hundreds of meters or hit you from 10 feet away. They may be programmed to take 2 steps and hit you but I bet in reality it doesn't look like that.

Because the zeds absolutely suck in this game you can't sneak around them. If you could and all the other bugs were fixed I'd completely support a "one hit and your dead" mechanic.

Actually, I'm finding that infection really adds to the game. I've been infected for the past three days and we've been roving around the map checking the hospitals for antibiotics and blood bags, and hunting animals to keep my blood levels up. It's been quite challenging at times and it's given us an objective other than find lootZ.

Of course, if you take the easy way out and just kill yourself and go back for your gear then it will seem boring.

This is how the cry babies should see it.

Actually, I'm finding that infection really adds to the game. I've been infected for the past three days and we've been roving around the map checking the hospitals for antibiotics and blood bags, and hunting animals to keep my blood levels up. It's been quite challenging at times and it's given us an objective other than find lootZ.

Of course, if you take the easy way out and just kill yourself and go back for your gear then it will seem boring.

The issue comes when your travels get your mate infected too, then u find ab's, fix yourself up and one little slip (as in a zed hitting you through a wall or running through a wall to hit you) and you're infected again and another 3 days of looking for antibiotics. You might enjoy that but most people don't and can't be arsed to roam the map for days looking for one item.

The first time infection was added back in, the infection that will eventually kill you, everyone was running off into the woods and suiciding then running to collect their gear off their body - that is a majorly broken mechanic.

You are falling into what is called "Gambler's Fallacy". This is the belief that statistics have any bearing on the outcome of a random event. While it is unlikely that if you rolled a die that you might roll a 1 ten times in a roll and it is statistically unlikely, it is not impossible for it to happen. Each random event happens with it's own chance not based upon any preceding events. In other words, "With each hit there is a 1% chance no matter how many times prior that 1% happened."

been infected 3 times in 3 hits !

as anti and blood is not common its a pain in the arse. also as i pmd you the ladder animation is now to slow for zombies they hitting you from 50 foot behind when you grab it.

Then it's not a 1% chance - I think he missed off the 00's off the end ;)

dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandler < search _rndInfection Let me know the percent.

_rndInfection:%3

thought that should be 1 percent ?

Edited by dgeesio

Then it's not a 1% chance - I think he missed off the 00's off the end ;)

No, it's still a 1% chance but you can be that lucky/unlucky since every event happens in isolation from other events.

No, it's still a 1% chance but you can be that lucky/unlucky since every event happens in isolation from other events.

I've been playing dayz since may last year, shortly after it's release. I've heard the devs say things shouldn't be happening with the code when they do happen so we'll see.

I'll update tonight, I'm eager to see how it plays out - the infection thing killed this mod for me but if I can now effectively sneak around and have more tools to fight it then it's not so bad. What I hated was getting infected and then never finding AB's or finding them only to have a friend then get infected - the thought of another 10 hour search is just too much at that point.

Other than that, the other stuff they're adding in looks great - I love the traps for one so looking forwrad to trying it all out tonight.

_rndInfection:%3

thought that should be 1 percent ?

Ok seems your getting a little confused.

_rndInfection = (random 100);_hitInfection = (_rndInfection < 1);

This is the infection chance 

1 of 100 = 1% 

99 of 100 = 99%
50 of 100 = 50%

so on 

//diag_log format["fn_damageHandler.sqf  (_damage - _bloodPercentage):%2  _rndInfection:%3  (exp _rndInfection):%4  _hitInfection:%5 _bloodPercentage:%6", __FILE__, (_damage - _bloodPercentage), _rndInfection, exp _rndInfection, _hitInfection, _bloodPercentage];

_rndInfection:%3 is in the diag_log line does not mean 3 % it in fact it means number 3 in the format in this case _rndInfection.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/diag_log < here is the log just to make sure you understand your reading a logging system not a percent. Example 2

But anyway no point in arguing any more about it. be leave us or not.

I was just gonna jump on the BMRF test server but their download link appears to be broken...

http://bmrf.me/dayz-1-8-test-server-live/

Anyone got one that works? :)

Nevermind, I found it...

http://bmrf.me/vbforums/showthread.php?9440-DayZ-1-8-Test-Server-LIVE!-%28current-version-1-8-C%29

Edited by mZLY

Thanks mate. Found it on my own right as you posted though. xD

Downloading now... Excited to try it out, everything looks really good. :)

Edited by mZLY

Have you thought about making the blood depletion a tad slower and upping antibiotic drop rates slightly? Maybe half the current rate or something would give players more of a fighting chance.

• Like 2

I think the new update coming brings Dayz back to that grim world of survival, which Mr Hall had first intended it to be. If folks are going to have trouble dealing with one or two types of infections, How the hell will they like the fact that Rocket has already said there is going to be 5+ in the standalone to watch for and manage.

I only hope and pray you can bring back Zombies that spawn while in your vehicles and the "Wild" or "Wandering" zombies. They truly added a grand "you never felt safe" aura to the Mod :). Either way, keep up the good work.  

Edited by BlackDalia
  • Like 3

I think the new update coming brings Dayz back to that grim world of survival, which Mr Hall had first intended it to be. If folks are going to have trouble dealing with one or two types of infections, How the hell will they like the fact that Rocket has already said there is going to be 5+ in the standalone to watch for and manage.

I only hope and pray you can bring back Zombies that spawn while in your vehicles and the "Wild" or "Wandering" zombies. They truly added a grand "you never felt safe" aura to the Mod :). Either way, keep up the good work.  

Shame there are no 1st person hardcore servers to actually play it on

• Like 1

Just get rid of it and make zombies HS only or tougher, it's all that was needed.

How realistic is it to just cure the infection with antibiotics anyways? If that was the answer in the first place then why did the world go to shit? Surely it spread because no known antibiotic could cure it?

Really though the Zombie A.I is borked, that is the main problem with the game and has always been the number one issue. It's why I want SA so I can finally have zombies that are fun to fight, if they're not fixed then there is no value in SA for me. I'm sick of having to run to a building just so I can have a fair fight because out in the open their don't animated smoothly and can randomly hit you without an animation. Right now every time I aggro a zombie it's like "oh ffs just keep running, find a tree or a building" and now you've made them worse, they've ruined the game. Ever since you made it so you get infected all the time, all my friends have quit, we never got infected before. Until the last major patch 1.7.7.1 or whatever it was I never got infected from when I started playing last year in may until that patch...

The game isn't fun any more and tbh all I do instead of looking for loot now is just look to kill players because it's just less effort than dealing with the zombies.

Edited by Miffy

Just get rid of it and make zombies HS only or tougher, it's all that was needed.

How realistic is it to just cure the infection with antibiotics anyways? If that was the answer in the first place then why did the world go to shit? Surely it spread because no known antibiotic could cure it?

VIRUS! No known antibiotic can cure ANY virus. 

Antibiotics cure Bacterial infections... like the ones you get from cuts and scrapes... Eating contaminated food... drinking contaminated water. 

• Like 1

Yea the update is amazing, i've been playing it since they put it up late a few days ago. Don't listen to people telling you it's bad. Those people played for like 10 minutes and quit when they couldn't pvp deathmatch anymore. This is the best update to DayZ that I've ever seen hands down. They have updated it 2 times since they first put the test server up, and it has gotten exponentially better every time. People telling you that they get infected every time haven't even played it for more than an hour guaranteed, or they haven't tried since the first day they put the test server up.

Fishing works properly, and is a great way to get food/cooked food.

Zombies spawn while you are in a vehicle, even helicopters, making it much harder to tell if someone is in town, or if you made those zombies spawn. You never feel safe when zeds are constantly spawning around you! SO AWESOME

1,2,3 quickswitch is amazing. Total game changer. Sniper+pistol+hatchet = ready for anything. The switch takes a bit, but it shouldn't be an instant switch anyways.

Inventory in general is much better looking, easier to deal with. Seeing how many slots your backpack or vehicle has is very easy. My only gripe is that unselected items appear in white, and can kinda be washed out against the background. Color scheme only, functionality is great.

Zombies do tons of damage, and the infection rate is very low. They added "Sepsis", which gives you 15 minutes to cure your infection before it starts to take away blood, and they added Sepsis wipes that are much more common than antibiotics, found in every type of spawn, but mostly civilian.

To counter act the zed damage, there is tons of food.

To counter act the rarity of certain items, they added crafting, which is really cool. There isn't a ton to do with it yet, but the system works perfectly so far. They are planning on adding much more.

Guns are not super rare, but they aren't just falling out of your ass either. You will find lots of remingtons and guns around the same effectiveness more often than the really good guns. m4a1's and m16's are fairly common, M14's and the like, not so much.

New loot locations are really sweet. Barracks has stuff spawning under and on top of the bunk beds, as well as inside the shower stalls in the first door. Firestations have new loot spawns *not working correctly yet*, and the hangars have gotten a massive loot upgrade. Instead of 4 spots there are probably 10 different spots in each hangar, all with much better loot than before. It's essentially a giant firestation now.

Number of zombies is AWESOME. If you are running with a crew of 2-3 and you make the mistake of shooting 2-3 loud ass rounds in the middle of town, you will be SWARMED. It is so awesome lol

Best

Update....

EVER

Edited by NikoGT
  • Like 1

Seems like the infection is still giving us issues with players.

WHAT....HOW? I literally haven't even been infected since you updated from A to B/C.I understand this is a numbers/odds/percentages deal, but I have literally allowed myself to get hit over and over by zombies a few times, and I played for a very full day yesterday, and not once did I get infected....You added sepsis bandages, you created a way to craft your infection away, wipes are easy to find.........how easy to people want this to be.........sigh

Anyways, good work R4zor49, this is my favorite update EVER. You guys are awesome

Edited by NikoGT