Sign in to follow this  
Dazalf

Is ARMA 2 worth buying for Dayz?

Yeah, I am planning on getting dayz, but I realized I have to get arma 2, and arma 2 arrowhead operation.

Which costs around £20, is it worth it? (I have £40 to spare)

Yeah, I am planning on getting dayz, but I realized I have to get arma 2, and arma 2 arrowhead operation.

Da new noob.

ArmA 2 is worth buying for ArmA 2, amazing game with a very unique engine.

dayz just makes it better :D

• Like 7

I'd say it's worth it.  Like se7en said, Arma 2 itself is amazing.  DayZ is just one of the many mods out there for Arma 2 that makes it enjoyable.  There are tons of other mods and game modes to play on Arma 2 when you don't want to play DayZ.  

Takistan Life for example is a ton of fun.  So is ACE and Invasion 1944

• Like 1

First time I'll say this, but personally I think DayZ the mod isn't worth buying ArmA 2. I would've said its worth it because of the content ArmA 2 offers also, but with ArmA 3 out, I can't honestly say it is.

It's a good mod, but it would be like buying Counterstrike: Source and expecting it to a tactical shooter and not a headshot-fest.

Edited by TheDesigner

I know you're new to this forum but have you tried searching ?

This question has been answered over and over again, read the previous post asking the same thing.

• Like 2

YES... Unless you can wait a few more months for the standalone cos Arma 3 is released this month so i doubt Dayz standalone will release the same month as Arma 3 even if it was ready.  My money is on November.

ArmA 2 is worth buying for ArmA 2; 100+ hours logged before DayZ came out and still going strong.

Now that A3 finally has tanks and airplanes, though...

Yeah its worth it, just to get it out of your system. People say buy arma 3 instead or wait for the standalone blah de blah... but the game is so damn original that its worth shelling out for just to experience it IMO.

• Like 1

ArmA 2 is worth buying for ArmA 2, amazing game with a very unique engine.

dayz just makes it better :D

+1 

ArmA 2 is worth buying for ArmA 2; 100+ hours logged before DayZ came out and still going strong.

Now that A3 finally has tanks and airplanes, though...

Who said Arma2 didn't have tanks and airplanes tho?

He said Arma 3...

For a commoner this game might not be worth the money. It has a pretty steep learning curve from the early days of the mod, and from the recent changes it became even harder, like more rare loot, and getting infected from zombies. You might come across few hackers but not much as before as i just got launched 10 meter in the air few days ago.

If you are gonna start you might think, what the .. is this? It's too hard and i keep dieing! Don't get discouraged, have patience to learn how the game works. If you don't then this game is absolutely not worth for you.

Edited by monoking

Thank guys, but I guess I will wait for standalone because I ask other people as well, and they say that. 

For a commoner this game might not be worth the money. It has a pretty steep learning curve from the early days of the mod, and from the recent changes it became even harder, like more rare loot, and getting infected from zombies. You might come across few hackers but not much as before as i just got launched 10 meter in the air few days ago.

If you are gonna start you might think, what the .. is this? It's too hard and i keep dieing! Don't get discouraged, have patience to learn how the game works. If you don't then this game is absolutely not worth for you.

Challenge accepted.

You don't need to buy ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead separately, you can get them with the ARMA 2; Combined Operations bundle, which costs less than £ 20. Also, in the past months ARMA series went on sale 50-75% off. You can try to wait another deal as ARMA 3 is coming soon, so maybe they are going to do that again.

It does. That's the point of saying ArmA 3 finally has tanks/airplanes; the updated system makes me want to play A2 a little less, in comparison.

I myself, bought Arma II before I found out about DayZ. I found out about DayZ the moment after I bought Arma II. I bought Arma II specifically to play Arma II Operation Arrowhead and it's British, Czech Republic, etc. expansions. However I only played a total of a hour off Arma II. Only because I enjoyed DayZ so much more. It's worth buying Arma II for DayZ. I bought Arma II rather than Arma III because my system specs are way too low for Arma III and I can play Arma II at the bare minimal settings.