Sign in to follow this  
delta5

disable mouse during flight?

I went and bought a helicopter flight joystick but I'm finding that when i move the mouse by mistake my plane/heli goes full retard and I crash. Is there a way to disable or change mouse movements to where you're looking?

Hello there

Simply rebind the mouse in controls as you would keys.

Rgds

LoK

I usually just double tap alt as soon as I get in a vehicle so that my mouse just controls free-look.

• Like 6

I usually just double tap alt as soon as I get in a vehicle so that my mouse just controls free-look.

That's usually what you need to do and the best part - incase you're wondering - it will disable freelook again when you get out of the vehicle. That's quite lovely, as you don't end up running in a straight line like a retard looking in all directions with no control over your character.

• Like 1

I do that in all vehicles without heli's. I find it impossible to land a heli without my mouse unless I use autohover. Which I hate with a fiery passion

I do that in all vehicles without heli's. I find it impossible to land a heli without my mouse unless I use autohover. Which I hate with a fiery passion

Joystick works wonders.

Joystick works wonders.

I gave a Joystick a try, and couldn't stand it. I can see how it can make things much easier, but I don't think my Joystick is up to snuff. I always have to hold it down with one hand, and it's slowly gotten beaten to death over  time, and it really stiff. I can personally fly so much smoother with a mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1

I gave a Joystick a try, and couldn't stand it. I can see how it can make things much easier, but I don't think my Joystick is up to snuff. I always have to hold it down with one hand, and it's slowly gotten beaten to death over  time, and it really stiff. I can personally fly so much smoother with a mouse and keyboard.

So many innuendoes .

• Like 5

At first when I read the title, I thought you were about to ask if you should disable the mouse when flying with a real plane.

Then I thought you bought a RC Heli and controlled it with a mouse

damn it brain

Edited by Hosty

Thank you!

So I'm going to.change my mind slightly on this one. My internet was being horrific last night so I just flew around for a few hours in Arma 3 practicing landing etc.

My new suggestion is go first person and only use the mouse. It is far easier to fly using its fine gain control. Im getting trackir to sort the free look out. Have a look at dyslexci videos for more info.