rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

I don't see how the zombie spawning around players can be this difficult. Why can't rocket just make it so that zombies don't spawn in say a 50 or 100 meter radius of a player, ever. No time limits for a zombie to respawn. I see zombies spawn way out in front front of me like it should be. Then if I killm in that area they shouldn't just randomly appear after so long, its unrealistic. They should spawn a ways a away from me and if they happen to mosey on over my way then I'll deal with it as the situation arises.

One thing' date=' i would see player killed here or there in the text box and was thinking i never hear any players actually scream in pain or cry-out as they are being killed/eaten by a Zed or a cry out if a player was killed with a non one shot kill.[/quote']

Hmm, I thought I had heard something like that before. I could have sworn the buddy I play with every weekend has been killed near me and I've heard screams coming from his in-game character on a couple of occasions as we was dying/getting eaten. I remember making a comment about how awesomely brutal the scene was (like something out of a zombie movie!) cuz he was all screaming and junk, and we both laughed about it.

It would be great to be wondering in a forest and if you are close enough to the player getting killed/eaten by a Zed, to hear a final death scream echo out. Not every death but ever so often.

Either way, I totally agree. That would add a lot of really freaky atmosphere if you were to happen upon distant screams every now and then! This should definitely be in the game if it isn't already.

One thing' date=' i would see player killed here or there in the text box and was thinking i never hear any players actually scream in pain or cry-out as they are being killed/eaten by a Zed or a cry out if a player was killed with a non one shot kill.[/quote']

Hmm, I thought I had heard something like that before. I could have sworn the buddy I play with every weekend has been killed near me and I've heard screams coming from his in-game character on a couple of occasions as we was dying/getting eaten. I remember making a comment about how awesomely brutal the scene was (like something out of a zombie movie!) cuz he was all screaming and junk, and we both laughed about it.

It would be great to be wondering in a forest and if you are close enough to the player getting killed/eaten by a Zed, to hear a final death scream echo out. Not every death but ever so often.

Either way, I totally agree. That would add a lot of really freaky atmosphere if you were to happen upon distant screams every now and then! This should definitely be in the game if it isn't already.

Well I've certainly heard myself scream as they chomped away ... very disconcerting.

Joe

The broken legs/limbs are seriously a major pain for me.

Got hit by a zombie and got broken legs and had to crawl about 20 minutes to reach the hospital in Elektro

No morphine anywhere on the floors, just bandages and painkillers (seriously, is this even used? I never had a need for it).

Had to go up the ladders all the way to the top where there were some wood boards... when the character got off the ladder at the top it landed on that wood and got broken hands, 2k life gone and bleeding.

Anyway, crawled my way on the roof to a box where I finally found a morphine. When I injected it, the character went up by itself with 5 points at visibility and aggroed about 6 infected around the hospital.

Now this is not only unexpected but also wrong - infected 10-20 meters below me on the floor shouldn't see/hear me all the way on top of the building.

I just had to disconnect, it was pointless - imho based on the little time i played it's about 20% you get broken legs when an infected hits you which feels way too often. Also, the issue with getting broken limbs when near getting out of houses, or going up stairs when crouched...

Maybe it's better to just get rid of the broken legs thing and figure something else out, like Punched in the lungs ... can only run for 5 seconds at a time for a period of time, or kidney issues where you have to drink more often for a while or ... I don't know... some other way to punish player instead of such a frustrating issue.

Thanks Rocket, enjoying the update

fps is fine on my side. Zombies back to normal. I've been practicing my can throwing which also works close to perfect. The animation comes a bit slow which makes aiming somewhat confusing. Then when I was in a barn I tried throwing a can outside so the zombie on the first floor would go after it. He got triggered by the sound, but instead of walking down the steps he ran through the wall and made quite a fatal jump outside the barn.

other than that its been great keep it up

So far only two real issues....

1. Zeds can and will attack you through walls and on the second floor from the ground.

2. Zeds are spawning in buildings as I approach. Its almost as if they are there on purpose to keep me from getting gear. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but since I had lost all my gear crossing a ditch, I had nothing so was desperate to find something.

Overall I see lots of good fixes, but wish the zeds would become consistent ever so often. I am not complaining about difficulty, but I can not find a very strategic way to avoid them if they rage over nada. Hope this helps and keep up the good work.

Zombies are aggroing me through walls with 0 sound and 1 sight or 1 sound and 1 sight... I'd taken to crawling everywhere in towns because I thought maybe I was making too much noise(I'm new and have no idea what it takes to aggro zombies), but based off what I've read and my recent experiences(Being inside a building and aggroing a zombie I saw on the opposite side of the building) it seems like zombies are actually still aggroing through walls.. at least they are for me.

Zombies seem ok to me, I just went from Kamenka to the Northern Airfield through all the smallish towns along the way. I was able to avoid the majority of zeds, although, it might have to do with giving them loooooots of space due to being terrified of them seeing me from far away. lol

Anyway, I made it to the airfield, found an assault rifle and proceeded to alert every zombie in the area of my presence with one huge mistakenly pressed mouse button..

I died horribly, but that's to be expected when discharging a loud firearm in a heavily zed populated area. ;P

One issue I had was with zombies coming through and hitting me through walls still, but I'm sure that's already known.

I would like to suggest adding more melee stuff like pitchforks, shovels, etc..

The only problem I have with respawning without weapons is that in the real situation, I would easily find *something* to defend myself with.. even if it were possible to break it, I think that would still add a lot to the beginning minutes of life.

I like the way melee works now, except it would be nice it the hachet/crowbar replaced the sidearm automatically when I "remove it from toolbelt" It's not fun dropping my sidearm, especially when I know there's a good chance I won't be able to locate it again.

Other than that, I have to say amazing job! This mod just keeps getting better! :)

It is CONSIDERABLY harder to fit into buildings now, has the bounding volume of the player been changed?

It is CONSIDERABLY harder to fit into buildings now' date=' has the bounding volume of the player been changed?

[/quote']

No.

This hotfix is fantastic rocket, Seems to have resolved the zombie aggro from distance. I can now walk crouch and not get spotted unless the zed is very close. Like that the hatchet and torch sit on the toolbelt saves some much space in pack etc...

Had a really good round once I died thanks to, two heavy armed survivors theres me with a axe and they lit me up oh well, my next life has been awesome!

Only problem I ran into is after joining a server the graphics seem very low and then graphic artifact appeared but this only once and seem to be when looking a factory sort of building near electro.

Am finding it really easy (dont know if thats the word I should be using) to lose chasing Zee's which is working well but a bump for spawn locations were a few hairy spots to navigate in the city last night

I'm still getting FPS drops when in cities. In patch 1.7.0 my FPS was fine, seems like each patch makes it better, then makes it being back at square one?

I've had no FPS issues with this latest hot fix, played pretty much 6 hours straight on the same server. Hatchet works great again, zed aggro noise/range is great.

Bone breaking is unbalanced, I was killed 4 times in a row by a single Zombie hit that broke my bones, took 2000 blood, and knocked me out.

I bled out every single time before I came to, and this from a single sledgehammer zombie hit.

It happened every time I fell below 7000 blood.

I can appreciate the game mechanic, but imo, the luck factor this introduces negates trying to be stealthy, as you may spend 45 minutes Sam Fishering a town, to be slammed by a Zombie thru a wall and have to watch yourself bleed out in a crumpled heap and die.

I would support a change to a more realistic bone breaking mechanic, as it feels like we are all suffering from osteoporosis.

I actually had Morphine on 2 of these occasions, but its impossible to administer when you are unconscious.