Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Build looks fine only what's sad here is the horrible cpu cooler. You won't see a stable temp with that crap beyond 4.2 *Unless lucky* as Ivy get extremely hot compared to sandys. If you don't plan to overclock high, get a cheap z87 motherboard or invest into a better after-market cooler like the corsair h100/h100i or better if you want to push it far beyond its limit. Don't forget, just to overclock your cpu is kinda expensive to be honest. Saves you big buck just to buy a low-end otherboard and no aftermarket cooler at all :D.

I changed the cpu cooler to a Corsair H100i now. still good to stay with the same mobo?

Awesome cpu cooler. The motherboard is made for this kind of overclock so keep it! Maybe if you have abit more cash to spare something like the h110i will yield abit better cooling. Now your good to go for easy overclock beyond 4.5ghz guaranteed. Make sure your case has room for dual fan on the ceiling as they are supposed to go there. Hanging them outside the case is quite annoying and u have to leave ur side panel open for that.

Minimum FPS on dayz in towns with that overclock will give you 50-60FPS in town and laggy locations.

Edited by monoking

4670k will get you more like 40FPS minimum in cities as you said with no AA/PPE as i get around that too with no overclock on 4770k since hyperthreading doesn't do jack shit. *Tested*

Since you have the hyper 212 i think you are also doing a mild overclock? Or it's a waste of buying that cooler. could easily yield more fps in cpu heavy areas.

680GTX will easily reach 60+FPS outside of towns and forests. Or my GTX 760 wouldn't do it either. and i play on 2560x1080, higher then full HD.

Yeah I will be overclocking a bit, don't want to push it to the limits though, don't want to snap a 300$ CPU in half ;)

Oh and... Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 is this a good motherboard for overclocking?

Edited by Devon206

Desktop:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Quad Core) @ 2.4Ghz

4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2

HIS AMD Radeon HD 5770 (HDMI, DVI, Display Port)

1.5TB Seagate Barracuda LP @ 5900 RPM

LG DVD Burner

ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card (5.1 surround sound, Dolby Headphone Surround, 7.1 virtual surround sound)

Would this run dayZ full HD Med graphics 20+ FPS

Yeah I will be overclocking a bit, don't want to push it to the limits though, don't want to snap a 300$ CPU in half ;)

Oh and... Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 is this a good motherboard for overclocking?

Great motherboArd for OCing, have fun ;)

Desktop

Monitor: 1920x1080

CPU: AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core 3.5ghz/4.1ghz Overclocked

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GT650 GDDR5 1GB

RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

SSD: No

Very low on Full HD. I think it won't even run on Full HD at all with that card. It will run only most likely on 1024x800/1280x720 low/med without a problem. The bottleneck here lies on the GPU mostly.

The minimum FPS in towns i guess should be around 30-40. The CPU Might be a dual core but the single core performance is very solid should be slightly on par with ivy-bridge i3/i5. Dayz never use more then 2 cores/fpu units.

Thanks man

iBUYPOWER - Desktop - 8GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive

AMD Quad-Core FX-4200 Processor with NVIDIA GT 610 graphics

8GB DDR3 SDRAM

8MB L3 cache memory

500GB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200)

This is the computer I am thinking of buying soon. I just wanted to know.

Build looks fine only what's sad here is the horrible cpu cooler. You won't see a stable temp with that crap beyond 4.2 *Unless lucky* as Ivy get extremely hot compared to sandys. If you don't plan to overclock high, get a cheap z87 motherboard or invest into a better after-market cooler like the corsair h100/h100i or better if you want to push it far beyond its limit. Don't forget, just to overclock your cpu is kinda expensive to be honest. Saves you big buck just to buy a low-end otherboard and no aftermarket cooler at all :D.

Lies! I'm staying perfectly cool at 4.4Ghz on an Ivy Bridge with a Hyper 212 EVO and no extra fans in addition to the stock ones in my case. It's a great little cooler IMO.

Desktop

Monitor: 1920x1080

CPU: AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core 3.5ghz/4.1ghz Overclocked

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GT650 GDDR5 1GB

RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

SSD: No

Thanks man

Will run DayZ mod okay on medium settings. I'd look at adding another 4Gb RAM later if you plan on playing the standalone and are running a 64bit OS though.

iBUYPOWER - Desktop - 8GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive

AMD Quad-Core FX-4200 Processor with NVIDIA GT 610 graphics

8GB DDR3 SDRAM

8MB L3 cache memory

500GB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200)

This is the computer I am thinking of buying soon. I just wanted to know.

You'd be running low/very low settings due to the low spec graphics card in this system.

Edited by mZLY

Desktop:

LG DVD Burner

ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card (5.1 surround sound, Dolby Headphone Surround, 7.1 virtual surround sound)

Will this run DayZ on low/med

Lenovo B590

laptop

Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor 2.60 GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz Turbo)

500GB HDD

4GB ram

NVIDIA 610M 1gb dedicated

Win 7 pro 64bit

15.6 inch screen

And i don't want to hear any "laptops are crap for gaming" BS because i can run DayZ on my 4 year old Toshiba Satellite, and this seems to have higher specs to me.

Edited by Dchil

Will this run DayZ on low/med

Lenovo B590

laptop

Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor 2.60 GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz Turbo)

500GB HDD

4GB ram

NVIDIA 610M 1gb dedicated

Win 7 pro 64bit

15.6 inch screen

You will struggle in some areas on medium 

And i don't want to hear any "laptops are crap for gaming" BS because i can run DayZ on my 4 year old Toshiba Satellite, and this seems to have higher specs to me.

when it comes to desktop or laptop, laptops are crap for gaming (unless you spend 2-3 thousand dollars for a gaming laptop, which is ridiculous). and it's not a matter of if you can run the game or not, it's how well you can run it 

Edited by Death Dealer

You will struggle in some areas on medium 

when it comes to desktop or laptop, laptops are crap for gaming (unless you spend 2-3 thousand dollars for a gaming laptop, which is ridiculous). and it's not a matter of if you can run the game or not, it's how well you can run it 

10-20FPS is pretty good to me. Though i don't know anything better as i have never had a 30-60FPS machine but this thread is not the place to argue about what is good and bad FPS for different people with different benchmarks.

10-20FPS is pretty good to me. Though i don't know anything better as i have never had a 30-60FPS machine but this thread is not the place to argue about what is good and bad FPS for different people with different benchmarks.

The vast majority would consider <30 FPS to be unplayable so I think recommending that someone buy ArmA II when they won't be able to run it at what most people would consider to be a playable standard would be irresponsible.

10-20 fps is to the point where you can't even properly have a gunfight with someone 

Edited by Death Dealer

10-20 fps is to the point where you can't even properly have a gunfight with someone 

I don't run into enough people for gunfights to be a concern, and when i do i'm usually unarmed or poorly equipped so i'm gonna die anyway. 

also i can't shoot worth a damn except at zeds when they are walking or i have a hatchet out.

Edited by Dchil

Desktop:

LG DVD Burner

Desktop:

LG DVD Burner

Should run okay on low-medum settings. The 5900 RPM hard-drive will slow things down though, so it's a bit hard to say.

Desktop

Intel i5 3570 at 3.4 GHz

8 GB corsair vengeance ddr3 ram

Sapphire Radeon 7870 2 GB GHz overclocked addition

Corsair 60 GB solid state drive

Hopefully building this in the next couple of days and was hoping for some advice before i buy my graphics card. Im leaning towards the 7870 but was also thinking of the Gtx 660 ti.

Edited by TehCrazyAuzzie

Desktop

Intel i5 3570 at 3.4 GHz

8 GB corsair vengeance ddr3 ram

Sapphire Radeon 7870 2 GB GHz overclocked addition

Corsair 60 GB solid state drive

Hopefully building this in the next couple of days and was hoping for some advice before i buy my graphics card. Im leaning towards the 7870 but was also thinking of the Gtx 660 ti.

Will run high settings, no problem.

The 660Ti would out perform the 7870 ever so slightly but I'm not sure that it's worth the extra cash. If you're going for an Nvidia card I'd recommend the GTX 7xx series cards or just going with AMD.

That was what i was thinking in Australia prices are rip-offs the Gtx 660 ti was nearly an extra $130 for only small improvement. Also is it worth buying the i5 3570k i don't believe that there is much difference as both can be overclocked.

Lies! I'm staying perfectly cool at 4.4Ghz on an Ivy Bridge with a Hyper 212 EVO and no extra fans in addition to the stock ones in my case. It's a great little cooler IMO.

Will run DayZ mod okay on medium settings. I'd look at adding another 4Gb RAM later if you plan on playing the standalone and are running a 64bit OS though.

You'd be running low/very low settings due to the low spec graphics card in this system.

Lies? As i said unless lucky. Run prime95/Intelburn for 10/20mins then make a conslusion how hot it will get.

Consider yourself to have a lucky chip. I'm running h100i here and i'm reaching temps around 80C on 4.5/4.6ghz and that cooler blasts the hyper212 evo away. My chip 4770k is average. Some chip need lower voltage to overclock then others. It's a draw of luck.

10/20FPS is horrendous unplayable. Now i know why people are horrible in PVP.

Edited by monoking

Lies? As i said unless lucky. Run prime95/Intelburn for 10/20mins then make a conslusion how hot it will get.

Consider yourself to have a lucky chip. I'm running h100i here and i'm reaching temps around 80C on 4.5/4.6ghz and that cooler blasts the hyper212 evo away. My chip 4770k is average. Some chip need lower voltage to overclock then others. It's a draw of luck.

I ran Prime95 for a good 10 hours when I first overclocked. It's absolutely fine. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-5750G-15-6-Laptop/dp/B006UCO0TY/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1380463498&sr=1-8&keywords=acer+aspire+5755g

Intel Core i5

2.5 ghz

6gb ram

500gb hard drive

graphics card:nividia geforce g10m 1gb will this do?

Mostly for mb what settings

And total war games and maybe some cod i guess and mb warband?

Can it run day z and standalone?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-5750G-15-6-Laptop/dp/B006UCO0TY/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1380463498&sr=1-8&keywords=acer+aspire+5755g

Intel Core i5

2.5 ghz

6gb ram

500gb hard drive

graphics card:nividia geforce g10m 1gb will this do?

Mostly for mb what settings

And total war games and maybe some cod i guess and mb warband?

Can it run day z and standalone?

It would probably melt into a bubbling pool of molten plastic as soon as you ran ArmA II.

Intel Core i5 4430

Gigabyte Z87-HD3 

8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x4GB) 

1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 

Any advice i've been using laptops and haven't used dekstops much what fps and will it run mb warband and some total war games?