Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

If you're looking to save some cash you could go with the Radeon 6970. You would save about $30 or so. Keep in mind with a GPU the first number is the series and the second number if it is 1-3 it's crap 4-6 decent 7-9 is what you would want for gaming.

Yeah, I had a 6970 before I upgraded to the 780. It's a pretty solid card.

AMD Phenom II X4 850 3.2Ghz

Radeon HD6870 1GB

8GB RAM 1333 Mhz

Seagate 500GB HDD

WesternD 1TB HDD (for recording)

Is my CPU a bottleneck here, I read on other forums, it's not very good.

Will upgrading to a X6 1090T be better, or will the 2 extra Cores make no difference?

I can't upgrade to AM3+, cause 'd have to by a new MB aswell, and i'm hoping to avoid that.

Edited by JohnnyColt

AMD Phenom II X4 850 3.2Ghz

Radeon HD6870 1GB

8GB RAM 1333 Mhz

Seagate 500GB HDD

WesternD 1TB HDD (for recording)

Is my CPU a bottleneck here, I read on other forums, it's not very good.

Will upgrading to a X6 1090T be better, or will the 2 extra Cores make no difference?

I can't upgrade to AM3+, cause 'd have to by a new MB aswell, and i'm hoping to avoid that.

I don't think you'd notice a huge difference without upgrading to AM3+ unfortunately.

• Like 1

Hello fellow survivors,

I am quite new to Dayz, but loving it and getting better. (Still suck tough ;p)
However, i am running it now on a tad old computer, with an HD 5670 1g GPU and a not so new quad core processor. That, and i have a 26inch monitor. Needless to say, i get quite a low fps on very low settings. (15-25).

I am going to buy a new pc for Dayz and in the future the standalone, and id very much like your opinions on this setup. Remember, i am running Dayz on a 26inch monitor.

Setup:
- Intel i5 4430 3.0 GHz

- 8 GB DDRIII 1333MHz
- 500 GB SataIII
- AMD Radeon HD7790 1GB

How would this do? any tips on improvement?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ohrtmann

I am looking to get into pc gaming and this game is the first one on my mind! Been watching frankie and jack frags since there first videos came out and now i have enough money to buy a decent laptop.Its also gonna be used for college but id like to be able to run dayz,battlefield,football manager,minecraft.. Will this laptop do the job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B2HVYT6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers#productDetails

Yes but don't expect a smooth running dayz. The game is very CPU intensive. Even with a i7 @ 5.0ghz I have FPS issues in cities.

Pro tip: Use a desktop. I tried an EXTREMELY high end laptop, and only got 20 FPS max while looking straight down. I use a medium tier desktop now and get 40+.

Is a CPU heat of 65c (about 150 fahrenheit) and hard disk of 40c (about 100f) healthy for a laptop? I usually put my laptop on top of the Monster Manual, DM Guide, or Player's Hand Book (because I have D&D rulebooks all over my desk) and make sure the fan doesn't have anything directly under it. That usually takes of 5-10 f's (I don't know how much cooler that makes it celsius-wise)

Hello fellow survivors,

However, i am running it now on a tad old computer, with an HD 5670 1g GPU and a not so new quad core processor. That, and i have a 26inch monitor. Needless to say, i get quite a low fps on very low settings. (15-25).

I am going to buy a new pc for Dayz and in the future the standalone, and id very much like your opinions on this setup. Remember, i am running Dayz on a 26inch monitor.

Setup:

- Intel i5 4430 3.0 GHz

- 8 GB DDRIII 1333MHz

- 500 GB SataIII

- AMD Radeon HD7790 1GB

Thanks in advance!

That's a pretty solid build I would stick with it.

I am looking to get into pc gaming and this game is the first one on my mind! Been watching frankie and jack frags since there first videos came out and now i have enough money to buy a decent laptop.Its also gonna be used for college but id like to be able to run dayz,battlefield,football manager,minecraft.. Will this laptop do the job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B2HVYT6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers#productDetails

For dayz I think you would struggle with that CPU. If you could get a desktop I would reccomend building one, but if you really need a laptop for college you would probably need to get an Alienware for gaming.

Hey im really dying to play dayz but i have a crappy laptop with integrated graphics and stuff, so i think its better and cheaper to just build a pc that can run this game smoothly. 

Budget: $500-$600

Country of Residence: United States of America, Florida

Hey im really dying to play dayz but i have a crappy laptop with integrated graphics and stuff, so i think its better and cheaper to just build a pc that can run this game smoothly.

Budget: $500-$600

Country of Residence: United States of America, Florida

Does this budget include a monitor and OS? Edited by TWAG

Yes but don't expect a smooth running dayz. The game is very CPU intensive. Even with a i7 @ 5.0ghz I have FPS issues in cities.

Holy poop! 5.0GHz? What are you using to cool that thing?

Looks good, 30 - 40 on normal - high.

Hello fellow survivors,

Setup:

- Intel i5 4430 3.0 GHz

- 8 GB DDRIII 1333MHz

- 500 GB SataIII

- AMD Radeon HD7790 1GB

Thanks in advance!

That's a pretty solid build I would stick with it.

Thank you very much, but does anyone have maybe a little more details as to what fps on what quality settings? remember, this is on a 26inch monitor, so big resolution.

Thx in advance!

Edited by Ohrtmann

CPU: AMD A8 5600K Black Edition CPU (3.6GHZ, 4MB Cache, 4 Core, HD6570, Socket FM2, 100W (£72) or AMD A-Series A8 3870K Black Edition Quad-Core Processor (3.00 GHz, 4MB Cache, Socket FM1, 100W, Radeon HD6550D, 3 Year Warranty (£71)

Motherboard: AsRock FM2A75M-DGS Motherboard (Socket FM2, AMD A75 FCH, DDR3, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX, PCI Express 2.0, 5.1 Channel HD Audio, Support AMD Cool n Quit Technology) (£43)

GPU: AMD (XFX) Radeon HD 7850 1gb (£124)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 (£23)

HDD: WD 1TB Blue SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5" Hard Drive (£49)

RAM: 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9 HyperX PC Memory Modules (£48)

PSU: Corsair 430W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply (£34)

1920x1080p please. Anyway to improve this? Intel is out of the question.

CPU: AMD A8 5600K Black Edition CPU (3.6GHZ, 4MB Cache, 4 Core, HD6570, Socket FM2, 100W (£72) or AMD A-Series A8 3870K Black Edition Quad-Core Processor (3.00 GHz, 4MB Cache, Socket FM1, 100W, Radeon HD6550D, 3 Year Warranty (£71)

Motherboard: AsRock FM2A75M-DGS Motherboard (Socket FM2, AMD A75 FCH, DDR3, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX, PCI Express 2.0, 5.1 Channel HD Audio, Support AMD Cool n Quit Technology) (£43)

GPU: AMD (XFX) Radeon HD 7850 1gb (£124)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 (£23)

HDD: WD 1TB Blue SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5" Hard Drive (£49)

RAM: 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9 HyperX PC Memory Modules (£48)

PSU: Corsair 430W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply (£34)

1920x1080p please. Anyway to improve this? Intel is out of the question.

The 5600k is suprisingly a really good performer and is a little faster than the 3870k. I helped a friend build a PC not so long ago he got a 5600k and crossfired it with a 6670 gpu (you are getting 7850 so you can't crossfire but you will get a much better performance anyhow). He plays dayz at 1080p on medium settings at 40+ FPS with AA on low.

Would this be able to handle day z well on low settings?

Desktop

AMD E1-1200 APU

AMD Radeon HD 7310

4GB RAM

Absolutely not. I don't think you'd be able to open the .exe without getting an error message. Sorry!

The 5600k is suprisingly a really good performer and is a little faster than the 3870k. I helped a friend build a PC not so long ago he got a 5600k and crossfired it with a 6670 gpu (you are getting 7850 so you can't crossfire but you will get a much better performance anyhow). He plays dayz at 1080p on medium settings at 40+ FPS with AA on low.

Ah that's good to hear, as I know DayZ is CPU intensive but glad to hear that this CPU can handle it.

So I've yet again re-done my build - only real modification is the screen:-

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/mzltv/saved/1vcv

Just wanted to question the techies out there to see if my desktop specs would be able to handle a 27" HD monitor at full resolution (1920x1080)?

I don't know how it all works really, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume more resolution = requirement for more processing power...

If not, I'll just revert it back to a 23.7" ASUS monitor.