Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

I was wondering which of these systems will run dayz better.  

AMD FX-6300 

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0  MOBO

Diamond Radeon HD 7850 2gb

and   :)

Intel I5-3470

ASROCK Z75 PRO3

MSI Radeon HD 7770 1gb..  FPS and better deal? I can get both of these for around the same price.   Thanks. 

The first one has a significantly better graphics card and should run better.

i got a;

i5 3570k 3.4ghz.

GTX 780.

Lagg, on every server, playing on very-high, getting like 15/23 fps. unplayable.

Even, lowering the graphics doesnt help.

when im in elektro, fps drops so bad, to like 7 fps.

its on every server.

So guys, it doesnt matter, what specs you have, you may be lucky, or not =P

Arma 3, is same story, bad bad lagg.

While my pc, eats Crysis 3, battlefield 4 etc.

Edited by D3NTH3M3N

Yea. Im about to order an intel 3570k and gtx 650ti. YAY!  Finnary.. Thanks to this forum, for all the replies. I decided waiting was the best idea. AMD just wont cut it. 

Yea. Im about to order an intel 3570k and gtx 650ti. YAY!  Finnary.. Thanks to this forum, for all the replies. I decided waiting was the best idea. AMD just wont cut it. 

Doesnt say anything, :P you may be lucky to get great fps.

I was so happy, when i got my i5 3570k, GTX 780, i was like YEA FINALLY PLAY DAYZ WITH GREAT FPS.. well nope, 

Edited by D3NTH3M3N

i got a;

i5 3570k 3.4ghz.

GTX 780.

Lagg, on every server, playing on very-high, getting like 15/23 fps. unplayable.

Even, lowering the graphics doesnt help.

when im in elektro, fps drops so bad, to like 7 fps.

its on every server.

So guys, it doesnt matter, what specs you have, you may be lucky, or not =P

Arma 3, is same story, bad bad lagg.

While my pc, eats Crysis 3, battlefield 4 etc.

I will have a 3570k at the end of this week. I hear that often, that its kind of a hit and miss with people.  I enjoy scenario type gameplay so hopefully that wont be too bad on Arma 3.. 

Hi Guys. First post on the forum, go easy!

I'm planning on building my first PC as my Acer laptop just isn't cutting it for gaming any more.

I play a lot of DayZ and, before I bought anything, wanted to check if the hardware I'm buying is compatible and good enough to run DayZ at least 35-40fps in the cities on medium-high settings.

This is my planned setup:

- Obviously a desktop

- Acer S240HL 24" LCD Monitor 1920x1080

- Intel Pentium G2020 Dual Core 2.9GHz, 3MB

- Sapphire AMD HD7750 1GB DDR5

- Ballistix 240 pin DDR3-1600 4GB (do you think 8GB is necessary?)

- ASRock B75 PRO3 Mobo (I think it might be Intel HD)

- Kingston 128GB SSD or if I run out of cash, a Seagate 3.5in 500gb 7500rpm

- Wired Fibre Optic ~50MB/s off-peak

Should I go with that or upgrade any of it? If so, which would you recommend?

Thanks

Alex

Sorry for the late response guys, just thought i'd react to a few of your requests.

im kind of a bit of a computer noob, but i really wanna buy this game and not sure if i can

HP Pavilion 15-e037cl Notebook PC 64 bit operating system

15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)

2.0GHz AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor

AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics with up to 2030MB total graphics memory

4gb ram

750GB 5400RPM hard drive

I wouldn't count on the game running well if at all playable on that laptop. One could play the latest games on a laptop, however there is often one problem. Laptops in general are not made to run 3d games with high settings and framerates (unless you spend money on a gaming/multimedia laptop). I'm afraid your laptop is not suited for gaming, since the graphics card is a 6-7ish year old low-end card. So even back then it wasn't meant for gaming, let alone now. 

hi,sorry if i post it again,but can someone please help me? i'm about tu buy arma and i don't want to lose money xD
thak you

laptop
1366x768
intel core i3 cpu m330 @2.13ghz 2.13ghz (i'm copying from "system",i don't know what actually means xD)
geforce g105m
4gb

Wish I had responded earlier :P Kind of the same story as above, this is definitely a no-go. It's possible that you can run the ArmA II demo on this laptop, but DayZ itself requires much more resources to run well than just the regular ArmA game. Your first gen core i3 would hold your performance back, since DayZ uses alot of processing power. Also the G105m is really not meant for gaming at all.. :(

i5 2320 3.0 ghz

amd radeon hd 7750

8gb ram

1280x1024 res

I am wondering if on the lowest possible settings I could get 50+ FPS out of towns? If not how much?

Thanks.

You could get decent framerates out of towns, possibly 50 fps in fields and such depending on the server, mod (dayzero, overwatch, epoch or whatever) and settings. It's hard to predict what framerate you will actually have, especially since the 7750 is kind of on 'that edge' of being able to run the game perfectly smooth and having some performance issues. I wouldn't worry too much though, your system is fine for DayZ, especially on 1280x1024.

The first is slightly faster, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Neither of those systems is capable of running DayZ well. In fact, I wouldn't even try it on that system. If you are planning to play games like DayZ on a system in that price range, your only option would be to build your own system. It's virtually impossible to buy a gaming pc for that price unless you buy the parts seperately yourself or with some help..

Hi Guys. First post on the forum, go easy!

I'm planning on building my first PC as my Acer laptop just isn't cutting it for gaming any more.

I play a lot of DayZ and, before I bought anything, wanted to check if the hardware I'm buying is compatible and good enough to run DayZ at least 35-40fps in the cities on medium-high settings.

This is my planned setup:

- Obviously a desktop

- Acer S240HL 24" LCD Monitor 1920x1080

- Intel Pentium G2020 Dual Core 2.9GHz, 3MB

- Sapphire AMD HD7750 1GB DDR5

- Ballistix 240 pin DDR3-1600 4GB (do you think 8GB is necessary?)

- ASRock B75 PRO3 Mobo (I think it might be Intel HD)

- Kingston 128GB SSD or if I run out of cash, a Seagate 3.5in 500gb 7500rpm

- Wired Fibre Optic ~50MB/s off-peak

Should I go with that or upgrade any of it? If so, which would you recommend?

Thanks

Alex

Looks like a nice budget gaming setup. However, you won't get 35-40 fps on med-high settings in cities. Even with an i5 and 7950/670 or equivalent system (which is quite a bit faster) you are lucky to get 40 fps inside cities like Cherno on such settings. I speak from experience in this case. Proves how badly optimised the mod is..

When it comes to possible upgrades, personally I would go for something like a 7790 just to be a bit more future proof. Since that card kind of hits the sweet spot when it comes to price/performance in the lower to mid range segment, it's a good option, but there are other options as well. As I said in one of the responses above, the 7750 is kind of on 'that edge' imho. I'll explain why a 7790 is a better option, apart from it being faster obviously:

As you can see in this link (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html), the HD 7750 scores about 1.6k points. The HD 7790 scores about 3000 points.

So let's say:

7750 = 90ish $ (or euro, its just an estimate anyway) card which scores 1600 points in performance

7790 = 130ish $ card which scores 3000 points in performance

That's a 40ish $ difference. Let's say your total system costs about 500$ (making that up). If you get the 7750, you are stuck with that 1600 point performance. If you spend 40$ more, just 40$.. you will get almost double the gaming performance out of the same system. So that translates to..

500$ pc = 1600 points in gaming performance (which is what you are after in this case)

540-550$ pc = 3000 points in gaming performance 

This could translate to almost double framerates in certain games and scenario's for just that little price difference of 40 to 50 $. In my opinion, totally worth it! Both cards require 1x6 pin cable, so that shouldn't be too big of a deal. Not sure about the dual core but I guess it will do the job  :). I realise when you're on a budget you gotta cut corners anyway and the Pentium should hold up for most games, including DayZ. Starting out with just 4 GB is just fine and you can always upgrade in the future.

Edited by Salva
  • Like 1

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Plexico/saved/399u

How much do you think this could get at 1280x1024?

Crazy cheap.

It's crazy cheap because those Pentiums are incredibly outdated and about to be discontinued. I think you'd struggle to run DayZ on that machine.

It's crazy cheap because those Pentiums are incredibly outdated and about to be discontinued. I think you'd struggle to run DayZ on that machine.

Yeah I know, I'm not actually going to build that. Just asking how it would do.

Wish I had responded earlier :P Kind of the same story as above, this is definitely a no-go. It's possible that you can run the ArmA II demo on this laptop, but DayZ itself requires much more resources to run well than just the regular ArmA game. Your first gen core i3 would hold your performance back, since DayZ uses alot of processing power. Also the G105m is really not meant for gaming at all.. :(

thank you for the answer.

there is the possibility that i can use my father's macbook pro, will it run there if i install windows?

th specs are :

laptop macbook pro (i think 2011):

monitor resolution: 1440 x 900

CPU: intel core i7 2.2ghz

graphic card: AMD radeon hd 6750m/ intel hd graphics 3000 (don't know why but my father sayd those 2 cards...don't know how it works)

ram: 4gb 1222 mhz DDR3

SSD: no

thaks for the help

thank you for the answer.

there is the possibility that i can use my father's macbook pro, will it run there if i install windows?

th specs are :

laptop macbook pro (i think 2011):

monitor resolution: 1440 x 900

CPU: intel core i7 2.2ghz

graphic card: AMD radeon hd 6750m/ intel hd graphics 3000 (don't know why but my father sayd those 2 cards...don't know how it works)

ram: 4gb 1222 mhz DDR3

SSD: no

thaks for the help

It's fast enough to run the game, but just barely though. Not sure if I would bother if I were you. It all comes down to the issue most laptops have when it comes to gaming.. they just lack GPU power. Now the 6750m actually isn't your typical low budget card, but that doesn't mean alot when it comes to DayZ. 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6750M.43958.0.html Here you can see the card is a class 3 card when it comes to laptop performance. I myself have played DayZ for about 250 hours on a Mobility 5870 system, which is a class 2 card, so a tad faster. I can tell you that it was barely playable, like I wouldn't really go lower than that because the bad performance will ruin the experience. All up to you, but I think it's not worth the hassle..

Why does my pc, hates Arma so much?

I cant even play without lagging. 20/25 FPS<

i5 3570k.

GTX 780.

650 watt.

It's fast enough to run the game, but just barely though. Not sure if I would bother if I were you. It all comes down to the issue most laptops have when it comes to gaming.. they just lack GPU power. Now the 6750m actually isn't your typical low budget card, but that doesn't mean alot when it comes to DayZ. 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6750M.43958.0.html Here you can see the card is a class 3 card when it comes to laptop performance. I myself have played DayZ for about 250 hours on a Mobility 5870 system, which is a class 2 card, so a tad faster. I can tell you that it was barely playable, like I wouldn't really go lower than that because the bad performance will ruin the experience. All up to you, but I think it's not worth the hassle..

thanks for the help, i was curious to try it,because i'm pretty sure the stand alone version will never run on those pcs...thanks anyway

Why does my pc, hates Arma so much?

I cant even play without lagging. 20/25 FPS<

i5 3570k.

GTX 780.

650 watt.

What settings are you playing on? Usually having Anti Aliasing up high takes a REALLY big chunk out of your FPS.

What settings are you playing on? Usually having Anti Aliasing up high takes a REALLY big chunk out of your FPS.

Anti-aliasing, is indeed of, same as ATOC = a ton of crap.

Most of the things, are off. 

Even if i play on Very-low, i get lagg.. :P lol

Not strictly true. I have a FX-9590 and a GTX 770, the game runs flawlessly on max settings even in towns.

Please stop giving out false information, just because you cannot get the game to run as you wish, others with the same or similar setups are getting good performance levels.
Turning everything off is not necessarily going to improve performance as the game as it is very CPU intensive.

Setting PP to low will allow you to adapt.

•Disabled: color corrections only
•Very Low: Disabled + filmGrain + radial blur + dynamic blur
•Low: Very low + bloom + rotational blur + other scripted post process effects
•Normal: Low + DOF + lowest SSAO
•High: Normal + medium SSAO
•VeryHigh: Normal + highest SSAO

SSAO is not hardware hungry in general, it is is infact very GPU hungry.

I recommend that you run ArmA2/CO and check the different purpose made stress tests in the Missions section.
This will allow you to evaluate which settings are best for your computer build.

Source...
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101040-ARMA-2-OA-Post-Process-Settings-Decoded&p=1660975&viewfull=1#post1660975

if you're talking to me ;

It doesnt even what settings i put it on, even if i put everything on Very-low, im getting fps lagg.

Im happy that its the game, and not my pc :)

Well if changing your settings makes no difference then something is wrong.

Do the stress tests as I suggested, find the settings that are acceptable and keep them when running DayZ.

D3NTH3M3N, have you actually verified other games or programs run as they are supposed to on your hardware? Like do you get simular 3dmark scores to other 3570k/780 setups?

D3NTH3M3N, have you actually verified other games or programs run as they are supposed to on your hardware? Like do you get simular 3dmark scores to other 3570k/780 setups?

My pc runs, crysis 3 all maxed out 60/80 fps.

Battlefield 100+ any situation, no problem.

I was at a pc store, they have checked, my computer and they sad its all fine, Tempratures are ok, core-speeds etc, all ok.

Arma2/dayz, only uses like 21% of my cpu. =/

Btw, i cant run Arma 3 aswell. laggy as F*CK.

Edited by D3NTH3M3N

Can i run dayz?

AMD quad core processor (A6-3420M)

With turbo core technology up to 2.40ghz

AMD radeon HD 6520g with 512mb graphics system memory

6gb of ram

500gb hard drive

please can i have a reply quick as may be getting it for xmas

Can i run dayz?

AMD quad core processor (A6-3420M)

With turbo core technology up to 2.40ghz

AMD radeon HD 6520g with 512mb graphics system memory