Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Hey guys, I need your opinions of these laptops. I know I know, for the same price I could build a rig, I was about to build one for ~1k, but I'm going to be moving + travelling around a lot, and until I settle down, I don't want to build one just yet.

These laptops I'm posting don't have a 3.0 GHz processors, and I've looked into it, and to even get a laptop that has a 3.0 GHz processor, you need to spend upwards of 3k, which is obviously stupid. However it looks like each of these can be overclocked above 3.0 GHz, so will that solve the problem? 

Sager np8235

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8235-clevo-p151sm1-p-5840.html

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cach 

- NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 770M (3.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 

Lenovo 510p

http://www.xoticpc.com/lenovo-ideapad-y510p-59375625-eta-midaugust-p-6166.html

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache

SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 750M (4.0GB total) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11

Lenovo 500p

http://www.xoticpc.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59359560-p-6052.html

- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i5-3230M (2.6-3.2GHz, 3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 35W Max TDP)

SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 650M (4.0GB total) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11

Get the sager one. It seems like a better laptop especially since it has a 770

Posted the relevant specs. First off since DayZ is processor intensive, will the Y500p run the game the best without overclocking since it has a 2.6 GHz processor? The Sager is most expensive, but has the best video card. The Lenovo 510p has a slightly lower quality video card, plus with SLI graphics I might get microstuttering on lower FPS, for example in Cherno. However if this really isn't a big deal, I would rather save 200 bucks and just get the Lenovo 510p.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm using a laptop, Core i5 2.40ghz, Nvidia 310M, and 4gb ram. I run it okay with the literal minimal settings. However I experience a .3 second delay on everything I do, and when I type to chat, I can see it quite slow to respond due to lag but it is playable so I am happy about that.

Edited by LeDave

I'm using a laptop, Core i5 2.40ghz, Nvidia 310M, and 4gb ram. I run it okay with the literal minimal settings. However I experience a .3 second delay on everything I do, and when I type to chat, I can see it quite slow to respond due to lag but it is playable so I am happy about that.

Go in to options > controls and make sure that 'mouse smoothing' is completely disabled. That might help sharpen your mouse input slightly.

:facepalm:

Not everyone is rich and can afford intel CPUs

And the 8350 is perfectly fine for gaming, it actually beat the 3570k in many games and programs. Just because you read something in an article does not make it true 

When you don't have so much money, You don't have to go for the K version. The non K version are fine and still kicks fx8350 asses most of the time and priced around the same range.

What is not true? The integer/fpu story? I thought it was a fact..Or am i retard. Well overal i5 is generally better then fx8350. The Fx8350 might be better in some scenarions when "ALL THREADS" are properly utilized. These days its quite common that these games will not make a proper use of all its resources.I've seen it only perform better though in games like crysis 3.

It is undeniable that i5 is a better choice for games. Haven't you seen the market share yet between the two yet that the problem amd is facing now?

Especially since arma 2 does not use more then 2 threads theres no point in getting fx8350 over i5. Even this article has stated that it will not even go beyond 13.90% usage. And its even on par with i3 in arma 2...

http://www.behardware.com/articles/880-13/amd-fx-8350-review-is-amd-back.html

Edited by monoking

Hey guys, I need your opinions of these laptops. I know I know, for the same price I could build a rig, I was about to build one for ~1k, but I'm going to be moving + travelling around a lot, and until I settle down, I don't want to build one just yet.

These laptops I'm posting don't have a 3.0 GHz processors, and I've looked into it, and to even get a laptop that has a 3.0 GHz processor, you need to spend upwards of 3k, which is obviously stupid. However it looks like each of these can be overclocked above 3.0 GHz, so will that solve the problem? 

Sager np8235

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8235-clevo-p151sm1-p-5840.html

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cach 

- NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 770M (3.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 

Lenovo 510p

http://www.xoticpc.com/lenovo-ideapad-y510p-59375625-eta-midaugust-p-6166.html

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache

SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 750M (4.0GB total) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11

Lenovo 500p

http://www.xoticpc.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59359560-p-6052.html

- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i5-3230M (2.6-3.2GHz, 3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 35W Max TDP)

SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 650M (4.0GB total) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11

Posted the relevant specs. First off since DayZ is processor intensive, will the Y500p run the game the best without overclocking since it has a 2.6 GHz processor? The Sager is most expensive, but has the best video card. The Lenovo 510p has a slightly lower quality video card, plus with SLI graphics I might get microstuttering on lower FPS, for example in Cherno. However if this really isn't a big deal, I would rather save 200 bucks and just get the Lenovo 510p.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I think the Lenovo 510p and the Sager laptop would run it the same since it has the same processor, and that's what you will be bottlenecked by. I'm not expert though, anyone else want to chime in?

Right now these are my specs and i think the only thing wrong with it, is my processor.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Screen resolution: 1280 * 720

CPU: AMD phenom 9750 Quad-Core 2.40 Ghz

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti EVGA 1G

RAM: 8 Gb

SSD? If you mean storage, i have 1 Tb

Im think of getting a 

AMD FX-4350 Vishera 4.2GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core processor.

What would my FPS If i kept my computer the same and what would it be if i got that new processor?

Anyone know what my FPS would be if i got the new processor?

Anyone know what my FPS would be if i got the new processor?

You would need to get a new AMD processor, so you wouldn't have to buy a new motherboard, so something like a FX 6300 would fit that build.

With that you would probably get 30 - 40 on high.

• Like 1

You would need to get a new AMD processor, so you wouldn't have to buy a new motherboard, so something like a FX 6300 would fit that build.

With that you would probably get 30 - 40 on high.

Do you know what processor would get me 50-60 fps on high?

Do you know what processor would get me 50-60 fps on high?

None, when paired with that graphics card.

None, when paired with that graphics card.

So my best option is to go with the FX 6300?  cause i want to get the best that my graphics card can handle.

with Fx6300 won't get u 50-60fps either on high. Even if you have a 780GTX the cpu will bottleneck it till 30-40fps in towns.

So my best option is to go with the FX 6300?  cause i want to get the best that my graphics card can handle.

I'm not actually too sure about how the FX-6300 performs in ArmA/DayZ because of the way its cores are split. You might actually be better off with the FX-4350 as it's a traditional quad-core and ArmA will utilise it better. I'd hold out for advice from someone that's actually run DayZ on an FX-6. It would be worth saving up for a new card too though if you're looking to run on high settings.

Edited by mZLY

I'm not actually too sure about how the FX-6300 performs in ArmA/DayZ because of the way its cores are split. You might actually be better off with the FX-4350 as it's a traditional quad-core and ArmA will utilise it better. I'd hold out for advice from someone that's actually run DayZ on an FX-6. It would be worth saving up for a new card too though if you're looking to run on high settings.

The FX6300 is a fantastic CPU and in no way shittier than the FX4300.

I have it, and I DO get 30-40 paired with a GTX 660

The FX6300 is a fantastic CPU and in no way shittier than the FX4300.

I have it, and I DO get 30-40 paired with a GTX 660

My point wasn't that it's less powerful on the whole than the FX-4350, more that it may perform worse in DayZ because of the way it's designed.

In Single threaded performance it's quite the same. I never see arma use more then 2 cores so i guess it does perform similair.

*sniff, sniff* I smell us some Intel fanboys, gentleman. I've had a 8350 for almost a year now, and it is actually a very good CPU. When not recording, you'll be about 5-6 frames below the 3570k on average(I'm using a friend of mine as an example, he has a 3570k and a 660 ti). I've got a 7870, so my video card is pretty well suited for this game. I've found that 8350's strong suit is when recording, you get better frames and the videos even take a shorter time to download. Probably because it's an 8 core. So if you want to be a streamer, go with the 8350 over an 3570.

Edited by Cap'n

Motherboard: AMD 970 USB 3.0 SATA-II

CPU AMD: FX 8320 3.5GHz Eight Core (4.0 GHz OC) Vishera 

CPU Cooler: Black Edition AMD Cooler

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz G-Skill

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR3

Power Supply: AMD Certified PSU

Hard Drive Primary: WD Cavier 500GB, 7200 RPM 

Backup HDD: None

DVD Drive: 24x DVD+-RW SATA

Sound Card: Surround HD intergrated

Also, should I get these free bonuses with the computer: Advanced Cabling, Extra Fans 120mm, Video Card overclock, or a free game download? Thanks! 

In case the information above I gave you is wrong: 

Processor: AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5GHz (O/C to 4.0GHz)

Memory: 8GB DDR3 -1333MHz G-Skill  Performance memory

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-III 7200RPM Western Digital Caviar

Video: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-e 16x DX11

DVD: 24x DVD+-RW Recorder, all CD/DVD supported, SATA-II

Motherboard: AMD 970 socket AM3+, CrossFire, USB 3.0, iGPU

Case: Zalman Z9+ Advanced, temperature sensor, 4x USB

Power Supply: AMD Certified PSU, optimized for bottom mounted PSU

Sound: Integrated 7.1 Channel, High-definition Realtek

Windows: Windows 7 / 8  64bit (DVD+License+Backup DVD’s)

Source: http://centauruscomputers.com/html/delphius_.html

899USD for such system? If you are gonna get your pc build there for that price you are gonna get ripped off.

70USD more for fx8350 and mild overclock?

The motherboard with AMD 970 chipset aint that great either kinda on the lower-mid side. and that GPU is a laughing stock, you will able to play dayz on low with that gpu.

You are better of going to a local computer shop and let them build it for you togheter for a small fee, you will save alot of money too.

Add some money and get the fx8350 instead and get a better gpu like 650ti or gtx 660.

Edited by monoking

899USD for such system? If you are gonna get your pc build there for that price you are gonna get ripped off.

The motherboard with AMD 970 chipset aint that great either kinda on the lower-mid side. and that GPU is a laughing stock, you will able to play dayz on low with that gpu.

You are better of going to a local computer shop and let them build it for you togheter for a small fee, you will save alot of money too.

Add some money and get the fx8350 instead and get a better gpu like 650ti or gtx 660.

Totally agree. That price is extortionate.

Do you think it can play DayZ though? It's the only good deal I can find that can play dayz, and my price limit is 850$. I'm looking for a computer that can play it with 35 fps or better.

Do you think it can play DayZ though? It's the only good deal I can find that can play dayz, and my price limit is 850$. I'm looking for a computer that can play it with 35 fps or better.

With $850 you could build a system that will run with 30-60 FPS on high, instead of this overpriced rubbish that will struggle.

You could probably put an FX-8350 and HD 7870 build together for the same price.

Hi @ll

im planning to upgrade my processor as i have low fps in city's with my phenom 2 x3 720.

has anybody experience with the new intel i5 4570 processor in dayz ?

my build will be :

CPU : intel i5 4570

GPU : sapphire hd7850 1gb

RAM : 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz cl9

HDD : OCZ Vertex 3 128gb SSD

how much fps can i except +- with this config ?

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :)

greets fengu

EDIT : Sorry i found the answer in this post

Edited by fenguri

for those of you with an i7 920,930,950

I went from 2.8 ghz to 4.2 ghz with minimal work.

I have an antec 620 khuler, nothing fancy but it works well enough.

over clocked to 4.2 ghz and im still sitting pretty in terms of temps

HOWEVER, im now hitting 80-90 fps and 60 fps solid in laggy areas.

what a difference!

even arma 3 mods with high server pop are all well above 35 fps

Cpu: intel dual core E 6300 2.8 ghz (overclocked to 3.0 ghz).

Graphics card: Nvidia geforce gt 440, Overclocked to the limit of not crashing.

Screen resolution:1440x990

RAM: 4 gb DDR 2.

No SSD.

So I wanted to ask what (cheap) components could increase fps count. Now it lags on Chernarus, playing medium-low settings.

desktop

nvidia geforce gt 630

res 1920x1080

ram 16bg ddr3 

no ssd

what would a good graphics card upgrade be?