Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

can i play the SA with this laptop?

It isn't out yet, so no one knows. 

Desktop or laptop : Desktop
Screen resolution:1600 X 900
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Ed. C3  (3.40GHz, 8MB, 2000MHz HT)
Graphics card: SAPPHIRE 11200-00-40G  HD7850 , PCI-E16 3.0, 2GB/256bit GDDR5,
RAM: * 2x4 GB  (9-9-9-24)  G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-1600Mhz CL9 1.5V
SSD? (Yes/No)  YES

Edited by Guray

Desktop or laptop?

Screen resolution:1600 X 900

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Ed. C3  (3.40GHz, 8MB, 2000MHz HT)

Graphics card: 7850 2GB 256 bit

RAM: * 2x4 GB  (9-9-9-24)  G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-1600Mhz CL9 1.5V

SSD? (Yes/No)  YES

will hit 30-40FPS 

will hit 30-40FPS 

Thanks. I guess it is enough for good playing experience in this game.

• Like 1

Thanks. I guess it is enough for good playing experience in this game.

It is yes.

Yes but with low FPS.. not playable :P

well, i know i can run it actually cause ive played if for 6 months, but what i have to know is what to upgrade to make it really good, my guess is processor instead of Gfx card, but i need to know.

well, i know i can run it actually cause ive played if for 6 months, but what i have to know is what to upgrade to make it really good, my guess is processor instead of Gfx card, but i need to know.

Both are in need of an upgrade. If you upgrade the processor, but not the GPU, or vice versa, there will be some serious bottlenecking. 

Hello

Desktop

• Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @3,4ghz Turbo@3,8ghz
  • Graphics Card: x1 Evga Geforce GTX 780 3GB (Non overclocked version)
  • Ram: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile (2x4gb)
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250gb

Does anyone know what settings that would be best to have and what fps I can expect in forests and in cities?

Does the SSD increase the fps in Dayz? because it can access textures and such things much faster? :)

Edited by FiggeFerrum

Hello

Desktop

• Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @3,4ghz Turbo@3,8ghz
  • Graphics Card: Evga Geforce GTX 780 3GB (Non overclocked version)
  • Ram: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile (2x4gb)
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250gb

Does anyone know what settings that would be best to have and what fps I can expect in forests and in cities?

Does the SSD increase the fps in Dayz? because it can access textures and such things much faster? :)

I'm running on an i5 3570k and GTX 780 and I run close to max settings @ 1080p. Just max everything, disable post-process effects and set object detail to around 'normal' (only affects the amount of grass loaded and buys you another 15 FPS or so).

Running from an SSD doesn't actually increase your FPS but it makes the game feel smoother and stops stuttering and texture pop ins. Would definitely recommend installing ARMA 2 and DayZ to your SSD.

You should get around 50-80 FPS depending on where you are on the map and what's going on in a well populated server.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

^ this.

If you have space left on the SSD, by all means install ArmA 2 onto it. I love having it on my SSD, such an improvement from your standard hard drive. 

Your build is also very beefy, easily you'll be able to play max (almost max) settings pushing 50+ FPS. Might drop to 40-ish FPS in cities though, but that's normal and pretty much unavoidable. 

• Like 1

I'm running on an i5 3570k and GTX 780 and I run close to max settings @ 1080p. Just max everything, disable post-process effects and set object detail to around 'normal' (only affects the amount of grass loaded and buys you another 15 FPS or so).

Running from an SSD doesn't actually increase your FPS but it makes the game feel smoother and stops stuttering and texture pop ins. Would definitely recommend installing ARMA 2 and DayZ to your SSD.

You should get around 50-80 FPS depending on where you are on the map and what's going on in a well populated server.

^ this.

If you have space left on the SSD, by all means install ArmA 2 onto it. I love having it on my SSD, such an improvement from your standard hard drive. 

Your build is also very beefy, easily you'll be able to play max (almost max) settings pushing 50+ FPS. Might drop to 40-ish FPS in cities though, but that's normal and pretty much unavoidable. 

That's very nice to hear guys! :)

Just bought this computer for around 1900 dollar, haven't even got it yet but I'm just worried like always. 

Well that is a very good improvement since my last computer!

Before this rig I had a AMD Phenom 955 x4 II BE @3,7ghz & GTX 460 and well my fps was like the tv show "16 and pregnant"

Edited by FiggeFerrum

how will this play?

Alienware X51

core i5-2320@3.00GHz

8GB RAM

1TB hard drive

GTX 555 1Gb graphics card.

please reply, thanks:)!

Do not buy an x51... They are Rip offs, youre playing for the brand. Not the quality.

Do not buy an x51... They are Rip offs, youre playing for the brand. Not the quality.

would it be good though with those specs?

would it be good though with those specs?

It'd run okay on 'normal' settings.

If there isn't a reason that you need a laptop I'd strongly recommend going with a desktop.

You could more than likely build a desktop that would run DayZ on 'high' and buy a low spec laptop for general use for the amount you'd pay for that laptop.

It'd run okay on 'normal' settings.

If there isn't a reason that you need a laptop I'd strongly recommend going with a desktop.

You could more than likely build a desktop that would run DayZ on 'high' and buy a low spec laptop for general use for the amount you'd pay for that laptop.

Mzly, the x51 is an alienware desktop.
  • Like 1

Should of read it properly mate. Now will someone answer my question-.- how will it run-.-

Should of read it properly mate. Now will someone answer my question-.- how will it run-.-

It will run it okay medium settings 20-30 fps.

But seriously, look somewhere else or try building one yoirself, youre paying for mostly brand with alienware.

Edit: try these sites.

Cyberpowerpc.com

Novatech.co.uk

Freshtechsolutions.co.uk

Edited by Skypill

Mzly, the x51 is an alienware desktop.

My bad, I'm so used to people posting Alienware laptops, lol.

The specs are still the same, just the desktop versions. It will run on 'normal'. You could build a more powerful machine yourself for the same money though.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

My bad, I'm so used to people posting Alienware laptops, lol.

The specs are still the same, just the desktop versions. It will run on 'normal'. You could build a more powerful machine yourself for the same money though.

Totally agree you could get an i5 3570k gtx 660 for around the same price :/

Well I wouldn't know what PC to get now then. I really want dayZ to play well! Can someone like build a computer for me or give me a choice of some??

Email me-timevans2012@hotmail.co.uk

You could just order the parts online and put it together yourself or try somewhere like Vibox that will let you choose the parts and then build it for you at your expense. I usually build my own so I can't really help with decent places to buy pre-builts, sorry. I'm sure someone else will be able to though...

You could just order the parts online and put it together yourself or try somewhere like Vibox that will let you choose the parts and then build it for you at your expense. I usually build my own so I can't really help with decent places to buy pre-builts, sorry. I'm sure someone else will be able to though...

What's your budget?