Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Leave it. Bloomfield's fine, and going to SB / IB / Haswell won't give you enough of a jump to warrant the price difference. I was merely pointing out that it was old, not that you needed to replace it.

• Like 1

I have 

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00

8 gigs of ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

hmm gt640 is about 1/2 as good as a 7770 and i got 25fps on high with a similar set up i'd say 30 on medium

hmm gt640 is about 1/2 as good as a 7770 and i got 25fps on high with a similar set up i'd say 30 on medium

Would overclocking be any use, or just a waste of time?

Can someone give me advice on 14" vs 15.6" laptops for ArmA games? The 14" is $40-$80 less than the 15", but the 15" has a 1080p screen for movies and the numpad, which I think is a plus. 

How different is playing ArmA with and without the numpad? 

I'd probably be playing in 1366x768 just to get a little better FPS out of it, even on the 15". 

Edited by NateWW

Desktop

1920x1080 (60hz refresh)

Phenom II x4 970 BE 3.5ghz

560 TI 1GB

8GB DDR3

SSD: NO

2TB HDD

What should i be running?

Edited by sykomatik

Would overclocking be any use, or just a waste of time?

i always think OC'ing is great it doesnt take much time and as long as you do it right you dont have any issues just make sure you have decent cooling

Desktop

1920x1080 (60hz refresh)

Phenom II x4 970 BE 3.5ghz

560 TI 1GB

8GB DDR3

SSD: NO

2TB HDD

What should i be running?

a marathon...

high @ 30-40

Can someone give me advice on 14" vs 15.6" laptops for ArmA games? The 14" is $40-$80 less than the 15", but the 15" has a 1080p screen for movies and the numpad, which I think is a plus. 

How different is playing ArmA with and without the numpad? 

I'd probably be playing in 1366x768 just to get a little better FPS out of it, even on the 15". 

Numpad + and - are zoom in and out with scoped weapons that have multiple zoom levels, other than that I don't touch the numpad.

The numpad might come in handy for other things, and the 1920x1080 screen would be nice for general use though I suppose.

• Like 1

If I would be to buy an iMac and put windows 7 on one screen (duel moniter) would I be able to play the game fine or what thxs

If I would be to buy an iMac and put windows 7 on one screen (duel moniter) would I be able to play the game fine or what thxs

I don't really know what you're saying, but, don't buy a Mac. Nuff said.

ArmA II wasn't made for Macs so you won't be able to run it on there anyways.

Could you give me a variety of computers that could run dayz but not to expensive under £1000 I live in England if that helps for any websites

I have a none gaming computer and I can play starcraft 2, minecraft, bullet run, medical total war and Rome total war so do you think I could run arma2 and dayz. I get no lag for any of the games I play even though my computer does not meet even the minimum (obviously I can run Rome total easily cos its old)

I have a none gaming computer and I can play starcraft 2, minecraft, bullet run, medical total war and Rome total war so do you think I could run arma2 and dayz. I get no lag for any of the games I play even though my computer does not meet even the minimum (obviously I can run Rome total easily cos its old)

specs please

Could you give me a variety of computers that could run dayz but not to expensive under £1000 I live in England if that helps for any websites

my signature has a pc that is under that budget alternatively get a 3570k with a 660ti, 8gb of hyperX or vengeance ram, 1tb 7200rpm HD and a 600W branded PSU done. I bought from scan.co.uk and ebay (if buying off ebay make sure its tested and preferably still has the guarantee)

Edited by beatSTV

I take it you want a pre built system? If so then go to dinopc.com and click on customize your way.

If you want a PC that is good for DayZ and other titles for under £500 then select AMD 970 chipset.

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition

Windows 7 64bit

8gb DDR3 1333mhz ram

500gb hard drive

AMD 7790 1gb

Leave everything else as it is and the total is £488 built and delivered with 3 years warranty. That PC is decent for gaming but not the best.

If you want to spend just under £1000 for the PC then.

Intel Z87 Chipset

i5 4670k

Corsair H60 Water cooler

Windows 7 65bit

8gb 1600mhz RAM

2tb hard drive

GTX 770

Zalman z11 case

Leave everything the same and should come to £986 built and delivered with 3 years warranty.

Since the budget was £1000 I could not add a SSD or faster RAM.

Buying the parts your self and building the PC your self is much more fun you will feel good about it and save a decent amount of money.

Edited by ocelot20

Desktop

Screen Resolution: 720p
CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

SSD? no, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Thanks in advance!

Edited by dodgeviper9

8 gigs of ram

NVIDIA GeForceGT 640

Can anyone tell me what I the bottle neck in my pc is like is my cpu bad as well or would just straight upgrading my gpu give me more fps

Desktop

Thanks in advance!

Should be fine with ~30 on normal - high.

8 gigs of ram

NVIDIA GeForceGT 640

Can anyone tell me what I the bottle neck in my pc is like is my cpu bad as well or would just straight upgrading my gpu give me more fps

Your CPU is OK, but the GPU could do with an upgrade.

Desktop

Thanks in advance!

Should run okay on high settings as you're only in 1280x720, if you move up to 1920x1080 you might start to struggle.

do you suggest i upgrade anything?

Nothing really stands out as the one part that needs to be upgraded. Maybe buy yourself an SSD but apart from that I'd just wait until you're ready to build another system.

8 gigs of ram

NVIDIA GeForceGT 640

The CPU isn't great but the GT 640 is definitely the worst part of your system. I think you'd see a noticeable difference if you just upgraded your graphics card but I'd look into upgrading the CPU to something newer in the near future too if possible.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Does anyone know when the standalone version comes out and what platforms and will it come out on mac?

Does anyone know when the standalone version comes out and what platforms and will it come out on mac?

Funny place to post this, lol, but - no release date as of yet. Only planned for PC and no, probably not (speculation based on the fact that ARMA 2 & 3 are not available for Mac - not confirmed). You will be able to play on Mac via Boot Camp though.

Yer it's just cause I'm trying to decide what to get either a pc on mac and I'm trying to find out how much it lowers your performance cause iTunes people say it does but they don't mention how much