Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

gpu bottleneck the HD4300 is SHOCKING also i believe the cpu is only a dual core

What graphics card would you recommend that's not too expensive?

A 7770 would suffice but I would go for a 7870 if you want a notable difference

So I've finally acquired and assembled my PC.

I have 2 ASUS Radeon HD 7850's that I want to Crossfire, however I am experiencing problems with doing so.

1. In the device manager only 1 GPU is shown. (I've tried them both separately, both work and show up in the device manager individually)

2. The Catalyst Control Center does not show any Crossfire options for me (I have tried versions 13.4, 13.5 and the beta version 13.6)

3. I have tried 2 different Crossfire cables, no difference in either of them.

Please, any help would be appreciated!

Not a lot, I don't think. ARMA 2 doesn't take SLi setups well.

I have a friend who has two 480's, and he does fine.

Hey guys!

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor (6MB cache, up to 3.4 GHz)

Windows 8, 64-bit, English

17.3" Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare

8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

1TB 5400RPM SATA HDD + 32GB mSATA SSD w/ Intel Smart Response

8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB

How would this do? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor (6MB cache, up to 3.4 GHz)

Windows 8, 64-bit, English

17.3" Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare

8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

1TB 5400RPM SATA HDD + 32GB mSATA SSD w/ Intel Smart Response

8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB

How would this do? Thanks in advance!

High settings, 30-35 FPS. Any lower and the game won't be considered aesthetically pleasing. Unless your one of those *ugh* framerate fetishists I see so often.

no

The game starts but i play with 5 to 10 fps and its takes hours to get somewhere also i made a kill like this :D shooting 40bullets with AK till i hit his head :D

The game starts but i play with 5 to 10 fps and its takes hours to get somewhere also i made a kill like this :D shooting 40bullets with AK till i hit his head :D

as i said no lol

High settings, 30-35 FPS. Any lower and the game won't be considered aesthetically pleasing. Unless your one of those *ugh* framerate fetishists I see so often.

20-25 FPS the 650M is a nice card but its not great

will my laptop run dayz? Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3230M (2.6 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) RAM 8gb Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1.65 GB)

will my laptop run dayz? Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3230M (2.6 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) RAM 8gb Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1.65 GB)

Yes, but with extremely poor performance.

I'm currently buying bits for my first build (see the below specs)

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (already bought)

ASRock 990FX Extreme4 (already bought)

Corsair Vengeance (2x 4GB) DDR3-1600MHz RAM

Sandisk Ultra 120gb SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Gigabyte Radeon 7870 2GB

Corsair 600w ATX12V

CoolerMaster 120mm Fan

NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)

I was just wondering - I'm going to be using it for gaming and using NativeInstruments Traktor, so I can do some digital audio mixing.

Would you recommend I consider getting more RAM, in this case? Would it make things run a lot more smooth?

I'm aware that digital mixing can put a lot of strain onto computers...

Sorry, not strictly a DayZ related question - but a lot of people here know about the functionality/importance of specific components

Edited by mzltv

I'm currently buying bits for my first build (see the below specs)

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (already bought)

ASRock 990FX Extreme4 (already bought)

Corsair Vengeance (2x 4GB) DDR3-1600MHz RAM

Sandisk Ultra 120gb SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Gigabyte Radeon 7870 2GB

Corsair 600w ATX12V

CoolerMaster 120mm Fan

NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)

I was just wondering - I'm going to be using it for gaming and using NativeInstruments Traktor, so I can do some digital audio mixing.

Would you recommend I consider getting more RAM, in this case? Would it make things run a lot more smooth?

I'm aware that digital mixing can put a lot of strain onto computers...

Sorry, not strictly a DayZ related question - but a lot of people here know about the functionality/importance of specific components

if your using tracktor the best device is a hackintosh/mac, however using a pc adding an SSD which you already have increases the performance no end, it doesnt really need anymore more ram tbh 8gb is plenty, you might however want to add a beastly sound card such as this

http://uk.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/Xonar_Essence_STX/

Edited by beatSTV

if your using tracktor the best device is a hackintosh, however using a pc adding an SSD which you already have increases the performance no end, it doesnt really need anymore more ram tbh 8gb is plenty, you might however want to add a beastly sound card :)

How do I go about with installing this 'Hackintosh' device/software? Will this mean that I can't be using Windows 7 as my OS?

The SSD will only be used for booting, and maybe holding Traktor so I'm a bit more comfortable without performance issues midway through a mix.

What benefits would I get from increasing my RAM from 8GB to 12GB/16GB?

There's a soundcard built into the MIDI Controller I've got, so that's that base covered.

Edited by mzltv

How do I go about with installing this 'Hackintosh' device/software? Will this mean that I can't be using Windows 7 as my OS?

The SSD will only be used for booting, and maybe holding Traktor so I'm a bit more comfortable without performance issues midway through a mix.

What benefits would I get from increasing my RAM from 8GB to 12GB/16GB?

There's a soundcard built into the MIDI Controller I've got, so that's that base covered.

http://lifehacker.co...ng-a-hackintosh

i believe there is a way to use both windows 7 and mac os

http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/18027-guide-how-dual-boot-windows-7-mountain-lion-chameleon-boot-loader.html

I really dont know anything about macs so i cant really help you best to do research, all i know is that my best mate is a professional DJ and he uses a mac and traktor he says its the best by a mile. (saying that he sepnd nearly 4k on his custom mac (nutter))

i dont think upgrading your ram is really necessary you could do but its not really going to increase your performance. I would put your major programs on your SSD you've gone for the 120gb version you have enough room

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

The fact you've got to design the build specifically for it to be a Hackintosh has kinda put me off to be honest.

I think I'll just get my build how it's laid out at the moment, and use the desktop for mixing and stuff. It seems to be compatible regardless, so it should work fine (in theory)

If I encounter any problems with using it on my desktop (which I'd like to think I wouldn't, given the decent specs) then I'll look at getting a Macbook purely for the mixing side.

Great advice once again, though, Beat. :beans: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi everyone im new to the forum and i am on the edge of buying Arma:combined opperations so i can play Day z but i was wandering if my pc can run it

Specs

Graphics card: Geforce GTX 4 460

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad cpu q6600 @ 2.4GHz

RAM: 6gb

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr 2gb

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE

RAM: 8GB XJAWS

Hard Drive Size: 500GB Segate

PSU: Corsair 750w PSU

Getting bad fps on breaking point and origins.

Edited by Zecele

Has anyone else had Crossfire problems with the recent AMD Catalyst Control Center? I've tried 13.4, 13.5 and Beta 13.6 and none of them show the Crossfire option?

This is my hardware

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC (is Crossfire compatible)

CPU: Intel i7-3770K

Power Supply: Thermaltake TP-1200M (is Crossfire compatible)

GPU: 2 x ASUS HD 7850 (I have tested them individually, both show up in the device manager and are working fine)

RAM: 16GB

HDD: 2TB

SDD: 120GB Corsair

Case: Bitfenix Colossus

I really don't know what to do at this point. I've reinstalled the Catalyst Control Center many times, tried different Crossfire cables and have searched the web for help. DayZ Forum, you guys are my best advice right now.

Edited by lolhazard

Has anyone else had Crossfire problems with the recent AMD Catalyst Control Center? I've tried 13.4, 13.5 and Beta 13.6 and none of them show the Crossfire option?

This is my hardware

GPU: 2 x ASUS HD 7850 (I have tested them individually, both show up in the device manager and are working fine)

I really don't know what to do at this point. I've reinstalled the Catalyst Control Center many times, tried different Crossfire cables and have searched the web for help. DayZ Forum, you guys are my best advice right now.

Ultra, above sixty frames.

This is my hardware

I'd personally suggest calling "ASUS Customer Service".

* I personally never liked ASUS, due to how hard they screwed up a thousand dollar desktops in the store in my area.

- They literally had to take hundreds of ASUS desktops off the shelf due to a factory mishap with the graphics card, thus making the desktop literally useless.

The problem could more than likely be related with the video drivers, but if you need more information regarding the card it-self. I'd call up ASUS customer service.

• Like 1

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr 2gb

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE

RAM: 8GB XJAWS

Hard Drive Size: 500GB Segate

PSU: Corsair 750w PSU

Getting bad fps on breaking point and origins.

Your problem is highlighted in red.

This is my hardware

Have you enabled CCC, Go to the catalyst control centre and make sure you'v checked the box simple thing but a mate of mine forgot when he crossfired his 6950s