Just wondering if anyone wanted to share there base setups as reference. I know mine has worked for everyone I have shared it with. I pick from a 5-7 option long list of locations that work. They all are definitely pretty remote, but are all near a primary road. Now knowing lots of people travel in the shrubs or 50 meter radius from road so they aren't sitting ducks, or traveling ducks (not funny). So I usually space out about 400-500 meters from road. I arrange a circle of tents and use my select car, I like high storage ones, with gear doing trips for loot. Usually just hiding my car throughout until returning to unpack. I use a motorbike or silent car to scout.

• Like 1

simple, one tent on lighthouse island near elektro. ;)

I go here for stash loot, make fire for cook etc and sometimes snipe if I have good gun for this :P

Is gamble swim to go there but I never get shot in water so far, is easy to defend this and is good cover and is possible use binocular and spot too many player :thumbsup:  :)

I never keep more than 2 tents together. Instead, have tents all throughout the map, and I never hide my vehicle with my tent. I must admit, with the recent patch not allowing you to place tents in buildings, rocks, etc, I have been really searching for good places to plop a tent.

I like to hide my tents close to (but not in) trees and bushes.  If I can I try to go for areas that are near roads but can't be seen from the road, or failing that not easily seen.  I usually have multiple tents, (1 for food and medical supplies, 1 for ammo and any guns I might have (i usually keep it simple gun wise) and 1 for vehicle parts).  I haven't played since stashes were added but I would probably change it to 1-2 tents and as many stashes as I could find.  Before I would try to set up barbwire and tank traps as a designated parking spot for any vehicles I might find but gave up on that.  My best camp (so far) was on the top of a mountain on Panthera that had a little depression and trees, you had to be directly over it with a helicopter to find it or stumble upon it.  Made it into a base with some friendlies and we managed to fit 2 urals, 2 offroads, a huey/Mi17, and a UAZ and all our tents up there without it being stolen (for about 2-3 weeks anyway).

If the woods north of Kamenka were a bit more dense or had more low scrub, (instead of just a cluster of oak trees) I would consider it a near perfect spot.  Overhead canopy is thick, watersource nearby, hunting grounds nearby, nearby town (thats sort of a minus actually, even if it is Kamenka), only thing missing is ground cover (bushes, pine trees, ect) because you can see quite a ways through the forest.

Edited by BigMike

I never place more then one tent in one place, and even so the tents are divided into categories: I use one for food and supplies, one for ammo and parts and a third for weapons. Why? If someone finds the one with weapons, he will have no ammo, if he finds the one with ammo: no weapon. This works out quite fine, I have been robbed maybe 2-3 times (Someone once took an M24, even with no ammo... just shows how good the gun is), and the tents themselves are hidden quite well.

My favorite spot is near Pustoshka, up on a hill between a set of pine trees, or on the north slope of the hill. No one found it yet, one time, someone even put a tent almost next to mine (30-40 m maybe) and did not find my tent even after that! It is also good for other reasons: Supermarket close, Vybor close, NW AF close, Stary not far, cannot be seen between all the trees, only visible from chopper, or if you stumble upon it on the top of the hill.

Also a good place is the west forest from Zelenogorsk.

But basically all is well, just don't put the tents near straight lines in between points of interests (e.g.: between cities, even if it is a forest).

I usually pick Skalisty Island as my camp. I ake camp in the forest with my landrover, pack up the supplies, watch the village, sometimes take a pot shot at zombieZ, I often watch the coast for banditZ too. When it rins, I sit in the landrover and listen to ITunes as though I'm listening to a radio :d

I'd tell you, but somebody might go on a random server and search all these places to see if they get lucky. I don't want my campsite being an option. ;)

We can just say that I am confident in my sites and the security of my valuables.

I like to have a water source nearby, even if I have to kill/avoid a couple zombies to get to it. The next thing is a deer stand, that way if I don't get all the incidentals after a respawn I can just keep checking in on the deer stand whenever I get near camp and maybe pick up matches/map/compass/antibiotics/morphine/water bottles. 

• Like 2

I used to have a rather large camp back when Tents were much easier too find. I had about 4 of them. Picked a nice open spot in Black Forest (Mainly because of the awesome name)

I then placed the tents in a nice circle. With a fireplace in the middle.

It was wonderful to have a place within walking distance of Stary, it was easy to loot and fill the tents up quickly.

1 tent only... next tent atleast 1000 meters away from others....   and don't park your vehicles next to it...     I usually use the vehicles for distractions about 500 meters away...

Stashes seem very easy to hide...  Haven't had one raided yet, wish they would give me 3 weapon slots instead of 1 on medium stashes......

Well,where do i start ? So first,i pitch two tents, one for weapons and parts, and the other for ammo and other stuff. I always pitch it at least 100 m. from eachother. I never pitch a tent at North or east. Its always somewhere at the midlle of the map, in the less expected place like Pustoshka. I don't even know what to add... Just pitch you're tent in the place no one expect it to be, and you'll be fine.

I think base placements tend to follow trends on individual servers. A good strategy is to be ahead of the curve. Guys build bases at top right corner. Those bases are secure for a few days then raided. Then guys build bases up and to the left of kamenka (a good spot generally btw. except for me, no one walks north from kamenka, kamenka's primary role is a suicide spot, lol). Then those bases are raided. Then guys build small bases in the interior, then those locations become known, then guys build bases around skalka, then those get raided. Then it starts all over again with bases at the top right corner.

It's also wise to understand the hows and whys of bases being compromised. There's a big difference between a lone wolfer stumbling across one of your tents and a clan methodically combing the north for heavy loot stashes and vehicles. Allow lone wolfers to periodically take a little from your base; they can carry only so much. Conversely don't place big bases in the areas where large groups with the intent of cleaning up are purposefully looking i.e. the whole northern woodland area. 

And a bit cheaty, but one can feel secure with bases on 'dead' servers that are used as supply depots for your regular shenanigans on busy servers.

The type of base or stash depends on the servers. It used to be fairly nice to set up an actual base in one of the towns when toolkits and etools wren't handed out like candy. But, now that every server seems to want to start you out with everything it just makes sense to just use small loot stashes using sandbags.

When I can get a vehicle that's just good enough to drive I'll take that in the middle of nowhere and damage it up so that it needs serious repair. Yes, it's visible from the air (no tree cover is good enough) but it's just used for loot I don't mind getting pillaged.