DonMichaelPaulsen

Leaving No Man Behind and Burials.

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this could be implemented?

• No, Rocket's too busy with the actual standalone. Later possibly.
    • Yes, given some time.
    • Get out. How about, no?
  2. 2. Do you like these ideas?

• Yes.
    • I'm iffy on it.
    • No.

I think there should be an option where you can drag someone out of a situation if they are dead or unconscious for whatever reason. This would support the bandits in the fact that they can now capture people.

(Yes, you can just drag anyone you want to.) 

-Maybe things like this Fireman's carry.

Edit:

Maybe it could be possible to  cremate  bodies using a regular campfire, or building a bigger campfire.

In terms of burials,(This somewhat follows the note/notepad idea) You should be able to find a shovel, dig some kind of burial and put the body in it. Then somehow put a gravestone with some sort of crude, but readable marking. I'm not sure how it will  be implemented, but when there's a will, there's a way.

(Not sure what I should add to here.)

Additions requested:

-When dragging person from any given situation, the injured person's wound will open, causing blood loss. If it is a small bleeding wound, the wound will bleed out faster, and the wounding will prolong.

-You can grave rob... Well, graves obviously. Though you will lose humanity for doing such.

"Burying someone should make you gain humanity because it shows your compassion when you find somebody dead.
The grave should be visible and lootable for a humanity decrease, it should take some inconvenient time to bury somebody so bandits won't just bury every dead guy they kill so they can stay like a survivor for longer.
It should be more for dead comrades. 
You should be able to leave a gravestone which you can write on."

-AP_Norris

More additions to be added soon to this idea.

Edited by DonMichaelPaulsen

if humanity will ever play a role in SA this would be a nice addition

I don't get the point of burying someone. The carry idea is good, but I don't get the other.

Burying someone should make you gain humanity because it shows your compassion when you find somebody dead.

The grave should be visible and lootable for a humanity decrease, it should take some inconvenient time to bury somebody so bandits won't just bury every dead guy they kill so they can stay like a survivor for longer.

It should be more for dead comrades.

You should be able to leave a gravestone which you can write on.

Eg.

Here lies Billybob

He was nommed by Zeds and I was very sad wen be deed.

R.I.P Billybob

• Like 3

I like the idea of dragging someone if they're wounded. But if they're bleeding when they're being dragged, they should bleed faster or something, not sure if that makes sense.

I like the idea of dragging someone if they're wounded. But if they're bleeding when they're being dragged, they should bleed faster or something, not sure if that makes sense.

It kinda does.

I mean if they're bleeding from the legs and your pulling their wounds open.

As an opposite you should be able to hold somebody to stop the bleeding as a friend preps a bloodbag and bandages or something.

• Like 1

Love these ideas! I like the ideas with burial effecting humanity. Digging up someone who has been buried should make you lose a lot of humanity.

• Like 1

Huh...

Honestly, this idea is still somewhat in the works for me, but I will add some quotes to the OP that do pertain to what I have to say. 

I don't think this is possible in the mod - and the SA won't have a humanity system. Still, I really like the idea- as Ap_norris said: a funeral for comrades. This might not matter if you know your comrade irl or on steam, but if I teamed up with a random survivor and he gets killed I will know that I probably won't ever see him again- expecially if it's permadeath (banned from server after death). In that case I'd leave him a grave. (although everyone else would just loot him and get on with their lifes lol)

• Like 1