DemonGroover

First vs Third Person Discussion (Dslyecxi video)

So do you see that this is just your opinion?

What? That you can't choose bad things if there's no choice at all? That is just logic.

That people tend to choose bad things? That's pretty evident.

You might disagree on what is bad and what not...but be aware that your choice reflects on you.

I did. You obviously failed to understand.

So could you please quote your answers or answer again because i cant find them:

1. If there was only FPV people would stop hosting this joke version of DayZ fun deathmatch? Or people stop playing KoS PvP?

2. And tell me how i dont understand the mechanics of decent and fair gaming?

3. And how is these things a FPV vs TPV issue?

• Like 1

Wut?

3dp doesn't stop you using ironsights or scopes.

Shack-Tac don't need you to whiteknight for them.

Selective perception is running rampant around here.

EDIT:

spelling

Exactly what view do you think you are using when you go into Iron Sights? Hint: It isn't TPV. ;) So it if was TPV ~ONLY~ you wouldn't have Iron Sights.

Exactly what view do you think you are using when you go into Iron Sights? Hint: It isn't TPV. ;) So it if was TPV ~ONLY~ you wouldn't have Iron Sights.

This is true. And if it was TPV only like this i would be sooo disappointed! I prefer TPV at the moment but i cant live without FPV when shooting or moving through bushes and trees. With the current views most enjoyable way to play is to switch between the views as you go. I hope both views stay in the standalone.

Edited by aeinola

Wow, this discussion went 104 pages??? Now that's determination!

I'm sorry, I didn't not read through this entire thread, but how does it go any further than...

First person: Stand facing a 7-8 foot wall/barrier, what do you see?

Third Person: Stand facing a 7-8 foot wall/barrier, what do you see?

What? That you can't choose bad things if there's no choice at all? That is just logic.

That people tend to choose bad things? That's pretty evident.

You might disagree on what is bad and what not...but be aware that your choice reflects on you.

I would prefer to think that your choice says something about yourself.

So could you please quote your answers or answer again because i cant find them:

1. If there was only FPV people would stop hosting this joke version of DayZ fun deathmatch? Or people stop playing KoS PvP?

2. And tell me how i dont understand the mechanics of decent and fair gaming?

3. And how is these things a FPV vs TPV issue?

Your questions are stupid because you fail to understand.

Remove bad choices and those cannot be made.

That's called making rules.

Set the rules right and people can't play as shitty as they normally would.

Example:

Offside rule.

If not present, players would just go behind the opponents defense and wait til somebody gives them a pass.

Would lead to shitty gameplay nobody would like to watch.

Solution: Put up the offside rule and enforce it.

Example for DayZ (SA):

Disable TPV for making exploitation impossible.

Do not give server admins the power to make servers to some psycho Disneyland.

Stuff like that.

You get the concept?

Probably not.

I would prefer to think that your choice says something about yourself.

Sure they do. The choices you make speak truth about you. Much better than words.

Sure they do. The choices you make speak truth about you. Much better than words.

So what exactly does your choice of view say about you then, do you think? I'm interested.

Edited by Jamz
  • Like 1

Example:

Offside rule.

If not present, players would just go behind the opponents defense and wait til somebody gives them a pass.

Would lead to shitty gameplay nobody would like to watch.

Solution: Put up the offside rule and enforce it.

Example for DayZ (SA):

Disable TPV for making exploitation impossible.

Do not give server admins the power to make servers to some psycho Disneyland.

Stuff like that.

You get the concept?

Probably not.

Its not about understanding you. I do understand your points. But you still avoid answering my questions. Thats funny. And other thing thats funny, your opinion is that TPV is bad because of the view exploits and FPV is good because you cant exploit views. This is YOUR opinion. It does not magically transform from YOUR opinion to FACT because you can explain how TPV has exploits and FPV dont. There is a huge amount of players out there who wants to play with TPV. Its not your place to make "rules" and take that TPV away from all those players because of your personal preferences. This is what most of you dont understand. You just make these little polls and say "see, most of people wants to get rid of TPV and most of those who dont would play the game anyway". And these polls are like 1% or less from all of the DayZ playerbase...

You understand this?

Pobably not.

• Like 1

So what exactly does your choice of view say about you then, do you think? I'm interested.

That I am pure awesome. What did you think? Edited by tommes

Its not about understanding you. I do understand your points. But you still avoid answering my questions. Thats funny. And other thing thats funny, your opinion is that TPV is bad because of the view exploits and FPV is good because you cant exploit views. This is YOUR opinion. It does not magically transform from YOUR opinion to FACT because you can explain how TPV has exploits and FPV dont

What? I can explain why TPV is exploitable but that does not make it fact?

What then? If I'd babble stuff that doesn't make any sense like you do?

There is a huge amount of players out there who wants to play with TPV.

So?

Its not your place to make "rules" and take that TPV away from all those players because of your personal preferences. This is what most of you dont understand. You just make these little polls and say "see, most of people wants to get rid of TPV and most of those who dont would play the game anyway". And these polls are like 1% or less from all of the DayZ playerbase...

You understand this?

Pobably not.

If I had the power to make the rules I would give no single fuck about polls and that you guys like to watch your own asses and play dressup with your little avatar.

You guys are so bad at discussing stuff. Really bad.

That I am pure awesome. What did you think?

Thats really what I thought you might think :)

Thread. Why. Dont. U. Die. Already.

Because. This. Is. The. Zombie. Apocalypse.

Tommes are you trolling to keep this thread alive?

It is a zombie related forum so it is not surprising that we can not kill this thread. I suggest a double tap to the head, no need to waste ammo in a situation like this.

Edit: When we shoot this thread we should find it by hallway camping in third person.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Ima first person kinda guy myself, not realistic to see around corners while not being visible whatsoever.

I value your opinion. It's great to see new posters on this epic thread voicing their opinion.

Almost all new posters are first person kinda guys :) The concerned masses have spoken and 1rst person has prevailed as the master view method of the enlightened.

Only one or two die hard 3rd person advocates spinning a circular argument.

This discussion should have ended on page 20. There is nothing new in any next post. Its all about arguing, that get us to...nowhere. Try to make a fresh topic.

There is a huge amount of players out there who wants to play with TPV. Its not your place to make "rules" and take that TPV away from all those players because of your personal preferences. 

Except it isn't really personal preference. Several of us have pointed out the exploits available in TPV, Rocket has admitted TPV is being used in a way that was not intended to the point he is going to change it, a game broken by a bad mechanic is not a good thing for anyone. It's not just, "My way is better." there are actual problems with using TPV in this type of game. By removing the worst of the exploits I think Mr. Hall is going in the right direction while still keeping it around. I don't hink TPV fans will be utilizing it all that much because it isn't going to make the game any easier than FPV anymore. 

Broken mechanics are broken mechanics, not a "preference". 

• Like 3

so what exactly makes it so your ideas of bad choices are the correct ones ???

if the flip side of said coin feels 100% opposite, whos right ?

of course you'll think you are right and everyone else is "stupid"..

do you see why people here dont take you seriously ???

all u do is spout off how your way is correct and other ways are wrong/stupid/incorrect and so forth...

This discussion should have ended on page 20. There is nothing new in any next post. Its all about arguing, that get us to...nowhere. Try to make a fresh topic.

tbh, im surprized thais thread wasnt locked after Rocket clearly mentioned TPV is in for SA..

that should have been the signal to nuke this tired thread.

What? I can explain why TPV is exploitable but that does not make it fact?

BIG FAIL to understand my post. Read it again with actually using your brains, might help.

Oh, what the hell, you wont understand no matter how many times you read it. I'll give you a hint. FACT = TPV is exploitable, YOUR OPINION = FPV is better. Understand the difference? Now with these two in mind try to read my post again.

The more i read your posts and comments the more im sure you are trolling most of the time...

Except it isn't really personal preference. Several of us have pointed out the exploits available in TPV, Rocket has admitted TPV is being used in a way that was not intended to the point he is going to change it, a game broken by a bad mechanic is not a good thing for anyone. It's not just, "My way is better." there are actual problems with using TPV in this type of game. By removing the worst of the exploits I think Mr. Hall is going in the right direction while still keeping it around. I don't hink TPV fans will be utilizing it all that much because it isn't going to make the game any easier than FPV anymore. 

Broken mechanics are broken mechanics, not a "preference". 

Same thing here. It is a personal preference if a player choose to play/like certain camera view, no matter which view is less broken or intended for the game. And to be clear, im not saying TPV should not be fixed (or removed), or FPV should not be fixed or whatever. It seems to me that more and more of you FPV lovers fail to understand that no matter how unrealistic or exploitable TPV is, it is not automatically and magically wrong way to play the game, yes from your point of view it is of course. You all just think of your selves, you really should think other people too. So self centered... well thats the way this world goes around now days.

Edited by aeinola

so what exactly makes it so your ideas of bad choices are the correct ones ???

Because they are way better than the alternatives.

if the flip side of said coin feels 100% opposite, whos right ?

When in doubt, I am, of course. ^^

of course you'll think you are right and everyone else is "stupid"..

Not everyone. Just the ones staying on the wrong side of the argument even after getting explained in detail why they are wrong and/or arguing for their side in an unintelligent manner.

do you see why people here dont take you seriously ???

I understand quite well why you guys don't like me. Not a problem. I don't like you either. Wouldn't matter if you were capable of understanding what the problem with TPV is and why it has to be dealt with. But you can't because you rather focus on my personality instead of the argument...which is another sign of cognitive suboptimazition on your part.

You can attack me personally as long as you want. I don't care and it does not matter at all.

all u do is spout off how your way is correct and other ways are wrong/stupid/incorrect and so forth...

Because I picked the right path. Simple. The path of TPV is wrong one in the setting of DayZ and competitive first person shooter games...which is DayZ to a significant part. That part is so dominating that others have to give in.

Same thing here. It is a personal preference if a player choose to play/like certain camera view, no matter which view is less broken or intended for the game. And to be clear, im not saying TPV should not be fixed (or removed), or FPV should not be fixed or whatever. It seems to me that more and more of you FPV lovers fail to understand that no matter how unrealistic or exploitable TPV is, it is not automatically and magically wrong way to play the game, yes from your point of view it is of course. You all just think of your selves, you really should think other people too. So self centered... well thats the way this world goes around now days.

It doesn't matter what you prefer, it's broken, it is literally THAT simple.

They way it is exploited IS wrong, Rocket himself has said that it wasn't intended to be used to view over obstacles from safety.

It doesn't matter how much you cry and stomp your feet, it's not down to what view people prefer, it's down to one of the views offering a significant advantage over the other which negatively impacts a large part of the game and just downright ruins others.

The game was meant to be a hard, unforgiving game that at time required some quick and fast decisions - being able to peek over any obstacles from safety before moving takes a lot of that away, if you want to look you should have to stick your head out and put yourself in danger to earn the information regarding your surroundings.