Sloshyman

Petition to spawn with a weapon!

No, I like the idea of having nothing to begin with. It makes that first weapon; be it hatchet, crowbar, pistol, or rifle. Feel just that much more rewarding

Everyone says 'head north' but that would require a compass...people demanding ultra-realism are advocating having a map open on THE INTERNET...

No, it does not require a map, it requires basic knowledge of where things are placed on the map to figure out cardinal directions. Also, when people say "head north", its generalized that just moving inland is safer, I.E. off the coast. Anywhere off the coast (other than airfields/barracks) is immeasurably safer.

Here's a tip I give to all newcomers:

1. Once spawned on the coast, head inland.

2.If you hit

A) A road before hitting a railroad, you are most likely on the east coast

or

B) the railroad before a road you are most likely on the south coast.

3. You can also use the sun/stars as an indicator once you figure out which coast you are on to maintain your bearings.

I'm pretty sure you can figure out where to go from there.

Everyone says 'head north' but that would require a compass...people demanding ultra-realism are advocating having a map open on THE INTERNET...

No' date=' it does not require a map, it requires basic knowledge of where things are placed on the map to figure out cardinal directions. Also, when people say "head north", its generalized that just moving inland is safer, I.E. off the coast. Anywhere off the coast (other than airfields/barracks) is immeasurably safer.

Here's a tip I give to all newcomers:

1. Once spawned on the coast, head inland.

2.If you hit

A) A road before hitting a railroad, you are most likely on the east coast

or

B) the railroad before a road you are most likely on the south coast.

3. You can also use the sun/stars as an indicator once you figure out which coast you are on to maintain your bearings.

I'm pretty sure you can figure out where to go from there.

[/quote']

Also there is the watch trick to find north...

Starting with no weapon is vital to the moot of the game. It sends the message that you should try and avoid zombies whenever possible. When spawning with a weapon, it gives the feeling of "Okay, time to find something to shoot", where when you spawn empty-handed, it gives a feeling of "time to salvage for supplies so I can survive this". By spawning without a weapon, you're put in a situation where you HAVE to learn how to evade zombies, and you get used to it as a default notion. When you finally do find a weapon, it's just ingrained into your playstyle to avoid zombies, so you're more likely to only use the weapon when it's really needed, rather than taking a weapon for granted and just shooting anything you can.

I think a fashioned weapon, like a kitchen knife or something would be good, if that could be added then it would seem like a good idea, but starting with a fire arm can make things to easy, or maybe even a baseball bat or something, but some kind of weapon I think would be better.

Spawning without a weapon encourages the thought of aborting to despawn Zombies. Who wants to run around a city with no gear, already under threat from other players who kill on sight, with zombies chasing them? If they had a gun they might try to actually shoot the zombies, thus actually making them play the game the way it's supposed to be instead of exploiting the game. I personally don't mind it because i'm not that new... but it's not very attractive for new players who have no idea of zombie mechanics. 99% of the time if you're making your way to a town or a city, you will aggro something unless it's empty and/or you get a lucky path... I am referring to new players of course.

I can run around any town and lose zombies as well as collecting gear to fight them off etc. The game is incredibly easy at the moment but it's still an AMAZING game which I genuinely love to play. I'm not one of those people who kills new players but from past experience I will shoot people with good gear in high PVP areas and anyone who points a gun at me will get shot unless they call friendly. That's the most challenging part of the game at the moment... dodging other players. It's not supposed to be like that but unfortunately it is. Zombies should be at least doubled in the server, maybe even tripled.

I started playing this game after you didnt spawn with a weapon, and callign it nearly impossible? I think so not.

The best thing about it is you need to learn how to sneak. Thats was the first thing i learned in this game.

And when i got later a gun, and thought:"Yeah fuck yourself Zombies i have now a gun!" Then then learend quickly that i shouldn have shoot that zombies...because i was forced to empty all clips and needed to run like hell to lost all those zombies.

Right after that the hatchet is for me the most loving weapon against zombies beside silenced weapons.

I started playing this game after you didnt spawn with a weapon' date=' and callign it nearly impossible? I think so not.

The best thing about it is you need to learn how to sneak. Thats was the first thing i learned in this game.

And when i got later a gun, and thought:"Yeah fuck yourself Zombies i have now a gun!" Then then learend quickly that i shouldn have shoot that zombies...because i was forced to empty all clips and needed to run like hell to lost all those zombies.

[/quote']

+1! you take the ideas of my mind.

People obviously don't understand the difference between a petition and discussion, go ahead and disagree, by vocalizing ANY opinion in this thread you are digitally signing the petition, dumbasses.

Obviously I would like to spawn with a gun, or else I wouldn't be signing this. I'd say give me a melee weapon, but melee sucks right now.

Honestly I (usually) don't have much problem sneaking past zombies to get to the loot, it's just that guns can be scarce, and prone-crawling everywhere is fucking boring. Give us a crossbow, it's slow loading and low ammo, but those of us with short attention spans can still kill a few zeds when we don't feel like sneaking by.

I can understand the frustration of not spawning with a weapon, but you have to consider that arming everyone upon spawn means just that, everyone is armed.

This is a problem as it introduces the ability to PvP upon spawn -- and I don't know about you guys, but I would hate the fear of having to combat players immediately because we all know, if instant gratification is on the table, people are going to take it.

When a bit of struggle is introduced (not armed on spawn), it enforces a carefulness that players have to abide by and it feels more gratifying stumbling upon a weapon. It also moderates player activity, because imagine this -- since everyone is armed by default, what's to stop a large number of players bolting to Chernogorsk and taking all the medical supplies? The game would become very much "first come, first serve" and while this is an assumption, I think there would be a laziness among players where people would camp cities with a hatchet or crossbow, making it a pain for more avid players to fish for loot due to the risk of dying from a player that spawned with a hatchet ten minutes ago.

Not being armed on spawn also slows the pace of the game. It forces you to be autonomous for awhile to gather items before daringly rushing a city -- the contrary removes that barrier which is something I can't support.

People obviously don't understand the difference between a petition and discussion' date=' go ahead and disagree, by vocalizing ANY opinion in this thread you are digitally signing the petition, dumbasses.[/quote']

Are you 13 years old?

AT least spawn with another bandage and or food or something.

A melee would even work

i know being "hardcore' is cool but if no new players can join the game how is the game meant to continue/evolve

People obviously don't understand the difference between a petition and discussion' date=' go ahead and disagree, by vocalizing ANY opinion in this thread you are digitally signing the petition, dumbasses.[/quote']

Are you 13 years old?

Not according to my driver's licence, if you'd like proof I can take a picture of my birthday cake and you can count the candles. :angel:

@dcwoods, I don't think spawning with a crossbow and 2 or 3 bolts would increase the opportunity for PvP by very much, but I could be wrong.

Do you know how easy you can kill zombies with a Hatchet, i'm a master on killing zombies with a hatchet. you just plain suck donkey dick. No offense

Do you know how easy you can kill zombies with a Hatchet' date=' i'm a master on killing zombies with a hatchet. you just plain suck donkey dick. No offense

[/quote']True, killing zombies with a hatchet is easy, the hard part is not breaking your legs in the process -_-

This might surprise you, but actually I do take offence to being told that I "suck donkey dick." If you truly were trying not to offend, you failed. Trololo.

Very popular Comment

I'm for it

either people are for it or against it

For it= new players, older players who died and need to re-spawn.

Against= people who want to boast/ tell others to man up to over compensate for what their lacking. People who feel pro cause they have a gun, Old players who want to be hardcore.

My suggestion, server difficulty its not used at the moment

-easy spawn with makarov like before

-normal spawn with a melee and bandages

-hard spawn as it is now with nothing

I think current way is much better. You can lose zombies with a bit of effort, and new challenge is much more fun I believe

only thing I hate is getting killed when I have nothing, because thats what happens to me at least. Spawn in, look for loot, find nothing but a shotgun in the face.