Sloshyman

Petition to spawn with a weapon!

This is a survival game

What is the point if you get everything handed. Back at the time when everyone spawned with a Makarov, I could easily walk on the beach and replenish food/water/ammo from player corpses.

No need to risk going into houses / being chased by zombies, etc.

Your friends just need to learn a bit main aspect of the game: survive

I hated spawn with no weapons at first, but after getting used to it, I think it was a good choice for the mod.

I vote NO.

Nope !!

I'm new but it isn't that hard to get started. Just learn to sneak may take a few lives but hey once you know how the game get's fun !

YES. Just give a pistol to start with.

Or if not that, then make it where when you respawn you have some of your old gear (at the least the backpack and one of your weapons) in a random location on the map (tho you lose everything else, non-civie clothes, backpack contents, hunting knives, compass, etc). That would be much more fun in my opinion than refarming every last thing... everything all over again without a weapon and re-run-run-running. Thats just getting old fast.

Respawning with certain items would be good imo, because first time its really hard, but thereafter its eases up on the tedius repitition of starting over. Lets you get back to playing with more fun stuff instead of doing being bored for hours after death.

Also remove the zombies at the deer stands. It gives thir locations away too easily. I like the challenge of trying to find things, but with zombie spawns located at every thing... its rather easy to find them. It'd add some variety to the hunting for gear if you actually had to check your map more.

Or if not that' date=' then make it where when you respawn you have some of your old gear (at the least the backpack and one of your weapons) in a random location on the map (tho you lose everything else, non-civie clothes, backpack contents, hunting knives, compass, etc). That would be much more fun in my opinion than refarming every last thing... everything all over again without a weapon and re-run-run-running. Thats just getting old fast.

Respawning with certain items would be good imo, because first time its really hard, but thereafter its eases up on the tedius repitition of starting over. Lets you get back to playing with more fun stuff instead of doing being bored for hours after death.

Also remove the zombies at the deer stands. It gives thir locations away too easily. I like the challenge of trying to find things, but with zombie spawns located at every thing... its rather easy to find them. It'd add some variety to the hunting for gear if you actually had to check your map more.

[/quote']

Just no.

Or if not that' date=' then make it where when you respawn you have some of your old gear (at the least the backpack and one of your weapons) in a random location on the map (tho you lose everything else, non-civie clothes, backpack contents, hunting knives, compass, etc). That would be much more fun in my opinion than refarming every last thing... everything all over again without a weapon and re-run-run-running. Thats just getting old fast.

[/quote']

No thanks. This is a survival mod on Arma 2, so it is naturally going to be hard and unforgiving. Maybe this isn't for you.

No, it's way too easy as it is. You can just run into the nearest building and there will be a hatchet. Tired of hearing people that whine because they don't spawn with a gun. Imo you're safer without one anyway.

[/quote']

Dude. The whole point of the game is that you start with nothing and you have to survive. When you die in real life you don't even respawn, let alone start with stuff you had in the previous life. This is a simulation/realism game. Finding supplies is all part of that... take this away and you have nothing, it will just become a Deathmatch game.

YES - Spawn with a melee weapon.

Just a stick would be adequate. A month ago' date=' I'd say fine, no weapon, no big deal. But with the weapon drops, zombie spawns, and zombie aggro the way they are now, spawning without even a melee weapon is unbalanced, unfair, unfun, and unrealistic. I'm in a forested country and I can't even have a stick to defend myself? How is that realistic?

The repeated, spawn, creep into town for crappy or no loot, get caught, runaway, die cause they're never going to stop following you, before you even find a hatchet is getting tedious, frustrating and boring.

Either that or turn down zombie hearing, to the point that they don't hear movement below a sprint. I don't want a return to "prone = invisible", but slow walking around one side of a house should not send a zombie on the otherside into a full tilt sprint on the attack. Going through towns has gone from being a stealth challenge to simply a game of luck. With slot machine odds

Last night I found a winchester in a barn in Prigorodky farm, and almost 50 shells. One Zed heard me walking from outside the barn and came in. Shot him, and then about 20 more came running in. Shot them all, and figured the area should be fairly clear. Walked to a house beside the barn to check it out. Zombie inside, no chance for stealth, so I shoot him. In an area that should be clear, about 20 more zeds come running in. After killing 44 of them, I ran out of ammo. I could see maybe 44 in Cherno or Elektro, or maybe even in one of the smaller towns or villages. But on a freaking farm?

So yeah, please, either give us a melee at start, or turn down zombie hearing enough that stealth with no weapon is viable.

[/quote']

Maybe instead of running into Cherno or Elektro (or any of the coastal cities for that matter), you should try moving North slowly and hit up tree stands etc. along the way.

I have absolutely no issues gathering gear when I respawn. Go find a town that is more inland and find a weapon there and then proceed further north and hit up a few Supermarkets.

Also, be as cautious as you possibly can be when in an area with zeds. Go crouched and walk. Don't move crouched and run. If you have to, go prone and move slowly through areas. Sure this takes longer, but you can make sure you do not agro any zeds.

Once you become familiar with paths to take to obtain weapons / gear, you are fine.

If you say you cannot find your way North without a compass, then you haven't been paying attention to the details... *hint* the clouds ALWAYS move to the east.

You don't always need a compass or a map to find your way around...

Haha.. defenetly NO way ! - it changes the game completley starting with only a flashlight..

that real deal survival horror..its perfect. having nothing and hearing everything..

I f**kin love that latest patch with no starting weapon ! I know its a very hard game alround apart from starting without atleast a pistol but I've played so much FPS over the years I can easily say i just love the challenge.. you just have to be suber carefull every second of the game and dont rush things, be patient and you will find what u need.. in time ;)

I too think the current setup is nice for atmosphere and don't find it a problem

I've started 4 times with the current gear set, once lived an hour or so (my stupid mistake with a Z) then lived a week (shot in the back), then lived ~5 minutes because of an inept bandit: I spawn in elektro (thinking: ok, this will not take long) noticed a pistol wielding man following me to a building, tried to find a weapon, nothing, so I get out, get shot but bastard doesn't hit me properly so I'm not out of the fight yet. I get behind cover and bandage myself, when he comes around I run around him a few times (here a hatchet or even crowbar would have meant one less bandit [and a pistol for me, yay!]) and then make my escape, but since I haven't yet invested any time to this char and it's already low on blood and supplies, and there's a ton of Z on my tail (can't really run away from a gunman without attracting Z) so I accept my death as Z-food.

The current char is maybe two hours of actual game time, I have a decent weapon (in fact switched weapon already once, or twice if you count the fun I had with the "dinner bell" at one deer stand, but I left it there with the remaining ammo...) and am missing just a few more supplies before I'm can live of the nature again.

And I'm by now means an expert player, I don't know the loot routes through the big cities by heart (in fact not at all, I avoid the cities), this char spawned in Kamenka but I did not suicide just to get near Balota (how lame is that?).

But I have played Arma (though not a lot) and OFP (more) and in general have some idea of tactics (compulsory military service in my homeland)

I only played DayZ without a starting weapon and I think it it hard to start but way more satisfying when you got some gear and can head north. So please do not introduce a weapon again.

Maybe it can be made to differ better between the difficulties (like on recruit you get a weapon on the others you don't). But then you need to be forced to stick to servers with that low difficulty for a while...

Since this new patch has come out' date=' starting a new character can be next to impossible. Here's my main beef with the patch: You start out with only a bandage, flashlight, and painkillers. To find food, water, weapons, etc. you need to search zombie infested areas. The zombies are line of sight now, so if you're spotted (Which you almost always will be) you're only option is to run. At least with a melee weapon we could fight one or two at least!

Now, I know there's a way to lose the zombies in the buildings, but it doesn't work most of the time (At least for me).

If you would like to start spawning with a weapon again, please post a comment.

[/quote']

I have had nothing but fun running around with my flashlight trying to avoid zombies. I've died more, true, but it's been a great experience and really gets my senses on edge!

The loot spawning will be fixed, more weapons will be added, and hell you might someday be able to puch a zombie... but don't expect we are going to go back to MORE items on beginning characters.

Its funny how most people ignored the OP when he said "Post if you support this", but either way I think what most people are forgetting is that when you get used to the game even before the patch you wouldn't do to bad since you are used to the rarity and the damn glitches.

Now unfortunately since you have no weapon in the beginning zombies are far more annoying since they spawn inside barns which simply isn't working out. You can't sneak around those zombies. Zombies hitting you through walls will always be annoying as hell. Then when you do find a gun and wipe out all the zombies in a town guess what happens next. They spawn in again making it so you wasted your ammo for very little reasons.

The game at this point would be good if the player had some sort of ability to maybe push the zombies away from you if they get to close. It would be risky, but in a life or death situation you will do everything you can to survive instead of sitting there while zombies are eating your face off.

To sum it up this game needs to iron out the bugs or at least give a starting player something to defend themself. A gun isn't necessary at the start.

Exactly! They are line of sight. Which is easier than it was before (radius). It's very easy to get passed them. And much easier to get away especially throughout a building. Just throw a can and they go following them. So no. I enjoy the no gun spawn.

things been much better since gear has been diminished ruthlessly XD

No

It's not that hard to get a gun. Adjust your play style. It takes less than an hour to get all you need to survive in the wilderness, if you know where to look. If you'd like, you can join my TS3 server this Saturday/Sunday night and I will help you with some techniques/tactics.

I helped approx. 6 - 8 people this past weekend, most of whom where still on their first day playing, if not their first game all together. Search for my replies and you will see that I have offered to help newbies on multiple occasions.

Steam ID is in my sig, send me a PM if you are interested.

I would say no to spawning with a weapon.

1-Been tried obviously didn't work well enough, so Rocket took it out.

2-Too many beginners at start shooting eachother.

3-I always find a weapon within 2 minutes of spawning.

4-Dead veteran players bodies in cherno and electro always catch me up to being 2 days into survival.

5-Zombies are too easy to kill the only thing you need to fear is other players and if you just started your as good as dead.

That makarov, g17, or hatchet you find will not help you against any rifled player, the zombies it sure will. But, the only way to have zombies be at all part of the game is give beginners no weapon and for that first 2-5 minutes til they get a lee enfield will be difficult after that its Man Vs Man.

Here's the solution.

Spawn people with an old shovel/bat/hatchet or whatever other melee weapon you can think of.

It can kill zombies in two shots, but only has a low X (say, 20 maybe?) amount of uses.

There, a nearly useless weapon to anyone but a starter, gives people an alternative to HURRR RUN IN ABORT DISCONNECT OK.

I'd like to see how many of you would manage to survive for long or find any weapons if you weren't able to clear zombies.

IM PRO THIS!!!!

I know all you kiddos like to tell everyone else to man up, even though you cry every time a zombie kills you but lets be realistic, this isnt a boast forum its a suggestion for improvements.

The spawn defenseless and stuffed is a step in the wrong direction. This could work if you could actually spawn next to your online friends (which you cant do) and use team work Something that this mod is apparently about.

NEway Heres my issue with it

1. Zombies see you very easily and will chase you across several continents, Meaning if you cant kill them then enjoy the death scene.

2. in 4 hours of play with me and my friend playing we only managed to meet up once, as there is no way to spawn near you team mates and in that time we found 1 hatchet and a few clips of ammo.

3. I suspect most people have figured this by now ie like i have, but as a new player the game has no appeal if all you do is just die and be killed by other armed players. If this isnt sorted out, even with spawning with a melee weapon ie hatchet ill simply get my game refuned and go back to BF3 since they actually understand the concept of a learning curve

Yes i know it is a survival but theres no reason to make it impossible for new players to join

I would say no to spawning with a weapon.

1-Been tried obviously didn't work well enough' date=' so Rocket took it out.

2-Too many beginners at start shooting eachother.

3-I always find a weapon within 2 minutes of spawning.

4-Dead veteran players bodies in cherno and electro always catch me up to being 2 days into survival.

5-Zombies are too easy to kill the only thing you need to fear is other players and if you just started your as good as dead.

That makarov, g17, or hatchet you find will not help you against any rifled player, the zombies it sure will. But, the only way to have zombies be at all part of the game is give beginners no weapon and for that first 2-5 minutes til they get a lee enfield will be difficult after that its Man Vs Man.

[/quote']

So if a hatchet wont help you vs a rifled player but will help you ... say survive vs zombies isnt it a good idea, plus new players can run away from people with hatchets/ inaccurate pistols and abort out if they really have to. plus thier no incentive to kill a new player who only has a hatchet cos you dont get anything....

Well outrunning zombies on a steep hill by zigzagging works even with 4 of them chasing you. They will never catch up xD

NEway Heres my issue with it

1. Zombies see you very easily and will chase you across several continents' date=' Meaning if you cant kill them then enjoy the death scene.

2. in 4 hours of play with me and my friend playing we only managed to meet up once, as there is no way to spawn near you team mates and in that time we found 1 hatchet and a few clips of ammo.

Yes i know it is a survival but theres no reason to make it impossible for new players to join

[/quote']

1. Zombies see you very easily and will chase you across several continents, Meaning if you cant kill them then enjoy the death scene.

Find neares barn/house etc with 2 exits run in one come out on second one - you will loose them all

Start to learn MAP and compass comrade - if you have not find one in begining open one on internet (use google find chernoruss map, then ALT TAB to see fwere you are) try to meet friend not in cost line - it will take you like 20 mins

3. I suspect most people have figured this by now ie like i have, but as a new player the game has no appeal if all you do is just die and be killed by other armed players. If this isnt sorted out, even with spawning with a melee weapon ie hatchet ill simply get my game refuned and go back to BF3 since they actually understand the concept of a learning curve

if this game makes you willing to go back to BF3 - THEN GO as this game realy not for you - coz here you will need to use brains. BF3/COD wants only good PING and fast mouse clicking skils