wild_man

Bandit code and WTF is KoS meaning?

look my name please  is no way for make one mistake what is my style for play

Kill on Sight, what this mean?

many butthurt guys say is easy way for play, is lazy way, is psychopath way, is for stupid guys who don't think for different way, is for kids like 11 years old CoD player

if you look on this from place of fear and anger KoS is for sure 100% bastard way

For me Kill on sight mean this

I will try to kill every player I don't know who is armed unless I need assist or they make me laugh too much and I like this guy and we make team :thumbsup:

is true I never kill unarm guy, I don't say this for get some congratulate, is normal shit and guys who do kill unarmed is less value than one breathe from dogs ass :P

my bandit code :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

#1 survive is too much important, die = game over. do everything in power for survive, only doing things what dont go against this bandit code

#2 every guy I don't know is enemy and if they have gun is enemy and threat for me, I dont think, l try 100% to kill this guy NOW!!!

#3 do everything is possible for find pvP, this is where pure adrenalin and fun is wait for you

#4 help player who need, if I can assist one guy I do it after he drop all weapon

#5 never kill unarm player too many guys survive pvP with me by drop guns and I say 'good, now we can be like friends'

#6 always make fair fight, tell guys before make attack, is no good reward feel for shoot one guy who don't know what happen

#7 don't kill guy who assist you for something like blood or make trade. unless he make stupid decide and try make attack on you

this is my rules for dayz I am Kill on Sight player but I am not dick player, many bandit the same like this :thumbsup:  :D

my code is not finish, some times I learn new things and maybe I make change, all good system for life evolve for improve, example I stop to shoot guy who make assist after I kill one hero who give me full blood :(  I make mistake, I learn, I find new way and make improve my code for maximum fun minimum guilty feel pvP  :thumbsup:  :D

what is your code for bandit life? any rule you make for improve experience for you?

Edited by KoS
  • Like 9

Code #3 and #6 contradict #1.

Confrontation might be a foregone conclusion but looking for it and doing it as a fair fight is basically writing your own death wish.  

• Like 3

...Kill on Sight, what this mean?

many butthurt guys say is easy way for play, is lazy way, is psychopath way, is for stupid guys who don't think for different way, is for kids like 11 years old CoD player

For me Kill on sight mean this

is true I never kill unarm guy, I don't say this for get some congratulate, is normal shit and guys who do kill unarmed is less value than one breathe from dogs ass :P

my bandit code :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

#1 survive is ...

#2 every guy I don't know is enemy and if they have gun is enemy and threat for me, I dont think, l try 100% to kill this guy NOW!!!

#3 do everything is possible for find pvP, this is where pure adrenalin and fun is wait for you

#4 help player who need, if I can assist one guy I do it after he drop all weapon

#5 never kill unarm player too many guys survive pvP with me by drop guns and I say 'good, now we can be like friends'

#6 always make fair fight, tell guys before make attack, is no good reward feel for shoot one guy who don't know what happen

#7 ...

this is my rules for dayz I am Kill on Sight player but I am not dick player, many bandit the same like this :thumbsup:  :D

my code is not finish, some times I learn new things and maybe I make change, all good system for life evolve for improve, example I stop to shoot guy who make assist after I kill one hero who give me full blood :(  I make mistake, I learn, I find new way and make improve my code for maximum fun minimum guilty feel pvP  :thumbsup:  :D

what is your code for bandit life? any rule you make for improve experience for you?

I am not a butthurt (cus I generally die with normal ways instead of getting KoSed), but I also say so. Therefore that speculation of yours is invalid.

The sentences that are colored blue are no near being about "KoS (Killing On Sight)". KoS players do not do such.

What is colored with red stands against survival gaming, but as you clearly stated for "PvP gaming", which is "no" to that the game is more fun like that, because it is not designed to be such an experience in the first place. It is meant to be a survival zombie MMO, which the ones who you think are butthurt think and support.

Code #3 and #6 contradict #1.

Confrontation might be a foregone conclusion but looking for it and doing it as a fair fight is basically writing your own death wish.  

is not true >:(

survive means avoid death, avoid pvp means avoid fun in game i don't run around elektro wait for guys to shoot on me, i look for guys to shoot is different things 100% ;)

i never did calculate for this but is something like 6 murder for one life for me as average  :thumbsup:

one time i make 14 kills before die and some time i die in balota no gun no kill :|  but is normal for me kill 6 - or 7 guys before i die :thumbsup:

so i get good survive rate and maximum enjoy from pvP, so i make choose for this only to make fun times :P

• Like 1

All this talk of KOS ruining the game / Bandits playing the easy way. Me and my group just play like we would in real life. We let people go all the time, if they aren't a threat. If someone becomes a threat, we kill them. If you don't want to die, don't go to NWAF/Stary.

Just yesterday I shot someone, and broke his legs. He agreed to drop the weapon. I came over transfused him, and gave him morphine. Although if I knew he had friends around, I would have killed him.

If I wasn't there his loot run would have been boring. Now he has a story. 

• Like 2

I am not a butthurt (cus I generally die with normal ways instead of getting KoSed), but I also say so. Therefore that speculation of yours is invalid.

The sentences that are colored blue are no near being about "KoS (Killing On Sight)". KoS players do not do such.

What is colored with red stands against survival gaming, but as you clearly stated for "PvP gaming", which is "no" to that the game is more fun like that, because it is not designed to be such an experience in the first place. It is meant to be a survival zombie MMO, which the ones who you think are butthurt think and support.

It's not much of a survival game at all anymore, every once in a while I go on a private hive that is as close to vanilla as possible and simply kill everything I see, and it is extremely entertaining. It's perfectly reasonable to seek PVP in the mod because there isn't much else to do that is very fun. Being a medic is quite boring in my opinion, and so is trying to help new spawns.

• Like 2

It's not much of a survival game at all anymore, every once in a while I go on a private hive that is as close to vanilla as possible and simply kill everything I see, and it is extremely entertaining. It's perfectly reasonable to seek PVP in the mod because there isn't much else to do that is very fun. Being a medic is quite boring in my opinion, and so is trying to help new spawns.

Agreed. With a game where death sucks really bad, killing gets a huge reward. PVP can also be intense. No other game matches the intensity of the PVP. At least to me.

• Like 1

All I'm saying is if you seek combat your character will eventually die.  Even if you have an  excellent kill count you are still dying often.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy PVP Dayz especially in MODS like Overwatch but life expectancy is still shorter than going pure survival.  Simply put, take out #1 and I'm happy.  

On another note, Geryon's challenge or AKA the 'Prick Award': What is your longest kill count before dying?  Proof is necessary.

I would have this contest on my server but since it is a public hive I'm not experimenting. LOL.  *sigh* the mind wanders when waiting for the next patch. 

• Like 1

I did not say that it is a survival game as planed. I said that it is meant to be a survival game, which does not mean that I am not aware of everyone being bandits nowadays (for a while now). I would agree that there is nothing much to do if one does not know what to do with a clan or friends.. But those who find something to do other than PvP, imo enjoy far more than those who just seek PvP.

And sir, there is a big difference between KoS and being a bandit. Imo acting as a bandit is also sometimes so much fun, hell even in RP servers there are a lot of bandits, which is imo a part of the game.

Edited by SoulHunter

I do the exact same thing as KoS when I'm playing on Origins or crazy DayZ servers with tons of loot.  I think imposing some "rules" or guidelines for yourself when you play is a great way to keep the game interesting, challenging, and fun.

Bandits like KoS make the game as fun as it is.

• Like 1

Just realizing, I think some of the issue here is our definition of the term KoS.

When people throw around the term KoS, most people think "Someone who attempts to kill any player they see regardless of their threat level (whether or not they have a weapon) or where they're going (headed in the opposite direction)".  KoS's definition is obviously a little bit different.  He is, as most people would describe it, a bandit. "Someone who actively seeks combat with other players as a means for attaining better gear and for the excitement of the thrill of the hunt."  Players who have no gear and are unarmed are not viable for attaining better loot, nor are they exciting to kill because they don't put up a fight.  Bandits are a necessary element of the game and increase the perceived risks involved with doing anything, and add to the tension and excitement that make this game so popular.  KoS'ers (As I've defined them) Are typically newbs and are simply scared shitless by anyone and everything in the game... If they're not newbs, than they're noobs, and are still scared shitless by anything and everything in the game because they're terrible at it.

I do recognize that this is strictly my opinion and that my definitions are entirely subjective.

But I do believe defining terms (such as "bandit" and "kos") help to reduce the miss-communication between all of the wonderful folk on these forums.

Cheers 

• Like 3

Just realizing, I think some of the issue here is our definition of the term KoS.

snip

I do recognize that this is strictly my opinion and that my definitions are entirely subjective.

But I do believe defining terms (such as "bandit" and "kos") help to reduce the miss-communication between all of the wonderful folk on these forums.

Cheers 

is why I make this thread, for listen other guys opinion

you make good point  I try also but not so clear way

is about personal opinion, some KoS guys are dick guys for sure, so many players use worst example as reference point

is OK when I say I kill on sight but I make some exception for this for improve fun for me

is game for fun, is game sometimes make you feel rage >:(  sad :( and guilty :blush:  and fear :o and too many emotion but for me best emotion from dayz is pure adrenalin excite :lol: and best way for find this shit is find some player for make pvP :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Edited by KoS

When people throw around the term KoS, most people think "Someone who attempts to kill any player they see regardless of their threat level (whether or not they have a weapon) or where they're going (headed in the opposite direction)".  KoS's definition is obviously a little bit different....

...derp...

KoS means "Killing on Sight" which stands for "Killing on Sight", which literally means "Killing on Sight". Plain and simple. Don't try to make it look more complicated. It is in english. It stands for shooting anything that moves around.

Yes, what most people think is right.

No, KoS's definition is obviously not even a bit different.

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

very good code kos i am follow code very good  :thumbsup:  :)  :beans:

• Like 1

<'gooogle translation'>

This is the fault for the children from Call of Duty because they make the KOS.

Dayz is game for survival and not for bandits.

>:(

• Like 2

WTF I kill everyone because I find it funny. The butthurt isn't me, it's the guy who died after 3 hours of looting, and I always make sure to hide the bodies, wouldn't want a brave warrior being eaten by zombies !

• Like 1

<'gooogle translation'>

> :(

dayz is maximum fun for survive and for pvP, is why this game so special  is everything great in games all make in one place :P

is room for all player, every guy bring something for this experience :)

you like to make full bloods :thumbsup:  :huh:  I like to make empty bloods :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

we are 2 different side of same coin :D

like joker and batman, we don't be friend but we need eachother too much B)

Edited by KoS

I agree with some of the KoS points but for example I kill fresh spawns and unarmed. You now think douchebag. But I think this way: If I dont kill him now, he can get a gun and kill me instead. So I treat every survivor as a threat. I never chase people just to kill them. You got away? GG for you Im to lazy to chase you. :) I never betray people who helped me. It always turns out good to me. One day, I was picked up by some dude in a Humvee. Suddenly we get shot at and we jump out. I have no gun, he shoots at the bandits. I see the MK 48 mod in the Humvee, so I take it. At this point I had a choice. Kill the poor guy and take his Humvee, or help him. He helped me so I helped him. We killed those shooters and then even made a squad for a short while. From that moment I always get help from his clanmates. :)

• Like 3

<'gooogle translation'>

> :(

hush little baby dont you cry......

• Like 1

KoS means "Killing on Sight" which stands for "Killing on Sight", which literally means "Killing on Sight". Plain and simple. Don't try to make it look more complicated. It is in english. It stands for shooting anything that moves around.

Yes, what most people think is right.

No, KoS's definition is obviously not even a bit different.

But... Kos's definition is different... He doesn't kill anything that moves... he has guidelines he follows... by my understanding he is a bandit, not a KoS player.  That was the whole point of my post.

...derp yourself...

Edited by TheLastEmp

is not same one every times, last times I play... :huh: .wait please I check dayz commander....

US NY 2873

UK 25

UK 325

FR 808

is more but I playing this ones last times :thumbsup:

Are those official?

I can't play official :(

yes is official :thumbsup:

why you cant play official ones? :(

I didn't buy my game so it says wrobg cd key :( so i have to play privaye hives :( and i can't enter most of american and uk ones :P