Sign in to follow this  
BigChef

Death by concrete!

I was approaching the construction site building and due to zombies I decided to try and vault up onto the building from what I consider the side instead of using the stairway and ended up waist deep in the concrete...I didn't live long. The game could use a Minecraft style "jump" key.

Jumping is overrated.

HA! Didn't work so well for me this time, and no, I can't think of too many scenarios in the DayZ mod where I think it would be called for...I'd most likely end up waist deep in shit anyway.

To my knowledge, due to the Arma engine that would prove to be rather difficult

Thankfully SA will actually have a jump animation.

Thankfully SA will actually have a jump animation.

It will?! First I've heard of that.

Is it actually gonna be like spacebar is to jump?

It will?! First I've heard of that.

Is it actually gonna be like spacebar is to jump?

I'm not sure but they showed off the jumping animation in one of the recent SA videos.  I would link the video but I don't remember which one it is.

Are you referring to the the running kicky-jump thing you can do when you're running towards a fence?

The one that's more accurate than the gymnastic tumble that's currently implemented into the mod?

MAN! The maddening part was after respawning, running, dodging players and zeds in order to retrieve my gear...(some nice gear and pack) I couldn't do so because my corpse was encased in concrete! I reentered the building and went to where I made my glitchy demise, and followed the buzzing of the flies only to find that I could stand right on top of me and perhaps Jimmy Hoffa without being able to retrieve any of the gear! Lesson learned.

Well, I've had death by rock, falling, zombies, players, rogue door, outhouse demon, splatter, tree, bush, bleeding, exploding, and being landed on by a helicopter, but suffocating in concrete is a new one.

Well, I've had death by rock, falling, zombies, players, rogue door, outhouse demon, splatter, tree, bush, bleeding, exploding, and being landed on by a helicopter, but suffocating in concrete is a new one.

and... hacker, crushed by castle walls, spawning inside mi-8 heli after getting out, elektro dock super jump (and fall), infection, knocked out by rogue zombie at near full health for 20 minutes, knocked into wall of death by zombie, committing suicide (usually on the infamous 'Suicide Bridge' in Kamenka, as it is known to locals), flipping the atv sky high at Solnichniy bridge, loss of internet connection while flying a helicopter, and last but not least - dying instantly, unexplainably, for no bloody reason whatsoever. The Arma2 engine, and Dayz, is one of the buggiest damn games I have ever come across. I don't doubt Arma3 is not full of bugs.

Edited by Noface
  • Like 1

Experienced the near instant death under the boat house, as well as falling down...I should say THROUGH the stairs in the station house, broken leg/no morphine death by going prone on a catwalk...and...got stock in a cargo container once and starved to death because no matter what I tried I couldn't get the door to reopen! Serious fear of cargo containers now.

A nice suicide location tip for if you spawn at three valleys or near there at krutoy cap: In three valleys village by the coast, find a broken tank behind some buildings by the beach, vault (when you step over a fence) between the large turret at the front and the main part of the tank, there is a very high chance of breaking legs and extreme blood loss.

SNIP

* [uPDATED] - Replaced combat roll with Shacktac Bunny Hop.

SNIP

I'll just leave this here. Along with this.