Vicco

Pretty Much Ignoring Stand-Alone - Anybody Else?

Still enjoying vanilla DayZ.  Don't much care about stand-alone talk.

Sure, I'm looking forward to trying it.  But even with game releases with announced release dates, 

I don't spend much time thinking about them.  Time passes at its own pace.

Besides that, I saw Rocket demo the game not too long ago at that convention, Las Vegas I think.

Really looked far off to me.  "We're working on this."  We're working on that."

That was said about every aspect of the demo.  Along with "We're planning on this, we're planning on that."

Nothing wrong with that, and it's his job to hype it, and try to get it right.    But it sure looked a far way off.

At the same time I see guys here saying stuff like "next week," and generally pissing their pants in anticipation.

Seems crazy to me.  But hey, I'm not knocking it.  Adds to the "excitement" I guess.

So, do you think all the stand-alone talk is mostly guys who are bored with Dayz, or just guys who get more excited about a "future" game than I do?  

An actual release date - or even a date range - might get me more excited about it.  As it is, it just seems like fantasy-land to me.  That's why I generally ignore it.

• Like 2

People who anticipating it this much (while everyone is excited for it), need to take a step back. 

The development team for DayZ is not nearly as large as the development team for Arma 3.

The day it comes out will be a good day, but it's not going to be in the very near future.

It's just people being hyped for a new game.  It happens with every game in development.  If you go to any forums or read the YT for a high profile game in development the comments generally go:  

-"This is gunne be sick!"

-"Fuck you, it looks like shit ***** is better"

And so on.  Nothing wrong with people being excited to try something new.

• Like 5

It's just people being hyped for a new game.  It happens with every game in development.  If you go to any forums or read the YT for a high profile game in development the comments generally go:  

Yeah, agree with all that.  Just never saw such "fervor" about a game before.  I really think DayZ people are a different bunch.

Great people.  Except the ones who shoot me.  They can go get fucked.

• Like 2

Just reading this forum gets me riled enough.

Some people actually seem to take DayZ development personally somehow, like every day they have to wait for the SA is another day Rocket n' friends get to kick them in the balls and take their lunch money.

One of my oldest friends gets himself so worked up over releases that he has been known to make cardboard mock ups of controllers so he can "know what they feel like in his hands".

Seeing him get obsessive helped me to scale back my own hysteria for these things, and I now have the attitude that games , "will be released when they are ready".

No amount of screaming, crying, or whining will make it come out faster.

I imagine that so much of this banter will be a faint memory very shortly after the SA version is released.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

Reading some posts on here you can see that some people are so desperate for it to be released they've convinced themselves that the devs are sadistically holding back the release just to toy with their emotions.  Makes me chuckle.

• Like 1

Reading some posts on here you can see that some people are so desperate for it to be released they've convinced themselves that the devs are sadistically holding back the release just to toy with their emotions.  Makes me chuckle.

We live in a day where most people want what they want, when they want it.  They can't put up with waiting for anything.

• Like 1

"What do you know? My dad can kick your moms ass".

"What do you know? My dad can kick your moms ass".

"Yeah? Fuck you both, my cousins dads friends buddies doctors assistants lawyers receptionists gynecologists son knows rockets aunts grandmothers caregivers daughter, and my cousin said that they told me that SA was going to come out within the span of a month. Yeah, so I have the inside information."

I have stopped listening to the hype of SA and when it comes out it comes out. Til' then I'm focusing on getting my new uber-high end rig together :P Can't wait for Titanfall/BF4 :D

Edited by OfficerRaymond

I wouldn't say I don't care for the SA anymore, but the dev blogs and threads about it no longer interest me in the slightest. 

• Like 1

Eh, I'm hyped that it's coming out. Drag me to the fields and burn me in the name of heresy.

• Like 2

WTF? Their making a dayz stand-alone? why didn't anybody tell me...

You being serious?

• Like 1

\

Some people actually seem to take DayZ development personally somehow, like every day they have to wait for the SA is another day Rocket n' friends get to kick them in the balls and take their lunch money.

I hate it the most when the community "gives advice" to rocket and how they critique him. It's good to have player insight, and no player insight would most likely lead to a disaster, but they like to play "pretend game developer."

"I would've done this this way."

"That doesn't look right... Try this."

"Oh my god why aren't you working on this?????"

• Like 3

\

I hate it the most when the community "gives advice" to rocket and how they critique him. It's good to have player insight, and no player insight would most likely lead to a disaster, but they like to play "pretend game developer."

"I would've done this this way."

"That doesn't look right... Try this."

"Oh my god why aren't you working on this?????"

I think it's in our best interest that the game will be under rocket's influence, and his ideas only. Anyone else would screw it up. Especially the mod dev team. They're very good at screwing things up.

I think it's in our best interest that the game will be under rocket's influence, and his ideas only. Anyone else would screw it up. Especially the mod dev team. They're very good at screwing things up.

I agree (1.7.7). Just reading some of the devblog comments kinda pisses me off, but what do you expect from the Youtube comment section.

I think most people who play the mod have their own variations of what they want the standalone to be, and when you have all these ideas and arguments and critique it gets annoying.

Ideas are great, but let rocket breathe. 

I think it's in our best interest that the game will be under rocket's influence, and his ideas only. Anyone else would screw it up.

I wouldn't say that.  Rocket seems to want to turn DayZ SA into a micromanaging clusterfuck where everything you pickup will have to be disinfected or risk being infected with a disease.  Caught a disease?  You can't just cure it with antibiotics, you need 2-3 different types of antibiotics.  Need blood?  Hope you have some transfusion kits and someone with the same blood type as you that is willing to give you blood.  After hours of scourging supplies, chances are you'll be killed immediately by another player who spots you.  Some people may find this 'authentic' experience fun but I think you will find the majority will not enjoy it.

I wouldn't say that.  Rocket seems to want to turn DayZ SA into a micromanaging clusterfuck where everything you pickup will have to be disinfected or risk being infected with a disease.  Caught a disease?  You can't just cure it with antibiotics, you need 2-3 different types of antibiotics.  Need blood?  Hope you have some transfusion kits and someone with the same blood type as you that is willing to give you blood.  After hours of scourging supplies, chances are you'll be killed immediately by another player who spots you.  Some people may find this 'authentic' experience fun but I think you will find the majority will not enjoy it.

Wait... you mean we'll have to ACTUALLY SCAVENGE?

• Like 2

I no longer read devblogs, waaay too many opinions that really don't matter. I've played a bit of single player on a leaked version, I'm excited, but patient. When it's here it's here and I'm certain I'll be playing the arma/dayz mod anyway.

I agree i'm not counting down the days, i'm not in suspense as DayZ still currently has a couple years more play time easily it's not getting old, it's still alot of fun.

But When the stand alone is out I will be all over it and i'm sure it will be a big improvment, at least I hope but i'm sure i'll enjoy all the new features of it sounds good from what little I have heard/seen of it.

I haven't left this cupboard, and i aint leavin' it 'til the damn sa is out. Bean supply low, high on pepsi and munted off morph reading the trademarking on the back of bloodbags. Shit is sweet as bru.

• Like 1

i dont care about the SA also. They hype is gone and the game will prob be shitty in alpha and beta. I think if we lucky we will have a fully developed SA in 2015 with the shitty team working on it now.

the mod on arma 3 engine will prob be better than the SA anyway.

where can you even play Vanilla dayZ these days? every server I come across is "extra loot " or "500 vehicles"

etc.... :(

where can you even play Vanilla dayZ these days? every server I come across is "extra loot " or "500 vehicles"

etc.... :(

use dayz commander.

check "hide un-official servers"