Antjenks

Most of the suggestions for reducing KoS

Most of the suggestions for reducing KoS wont work because they focus on wither punishing death, punishing killing or just making the game harder.

The long and short of it is this, Gear is more valuable than life currently.

His gear is worth more than his life, I'll kill him for it.

My gear is worth more than his life, I'll kill him to protect it. 

Until someones life is worth more, things will stay the same. Making the game harder wont change the relative value of life and gear, adding things that encourage co-operation (Not punish being solo, there's a difference) will help tip the balance.

I don't want KoS gone altogether, I don't want bandits gone. They add something to the game you just can't get elsewhere. But seeing reasons to co-operate and more players co-operating is something I do want to see.

Damn right !

Making things harder will not work becouse it will send DayZ into niche where all simulators live... Game MUST BE FUN, some things once gained should be easy (kind of leveling) and there must be always something to achive. Exception is pvp situation where fair competition creates hierarchy - you can loose to player but always must be some way to win with animals and zombies-like, but not to easy.

Simplest way to reduce kos is to introduce OPFOR or divide spawn points but this is not consistent with apocaliptic world where 90%+ of population is gone and only random survivors survived and are equal in their "humanity" ;)

So:

a) geared players KOS becouse they have nothing to do !

b) newspawns KOS becouse they wans to stop to be defenceless ASAP !

Recipe:

a) GIVE PLAYERS SOMETHING TO DO !!!  For now there is nothing interesting to do when you have some nice gear ! You logout or hunt other ppls! We need WORLD first and clan vs clan skirmishes can be aranged always, eg. by ESL

b) this is kind of natural in situation when ppls expect troubles in foreseeable future... And "natural" for more then average lazy and egocentric humans... But at least 70% of "baby hunting" comes from problems with a)... To reduce such behaviour some society pressure is needed eg. when such behaviour is not realy needed, just cruel. It's hard to remove becouse lack of resources strengthen competition and we do not want to remove resources shortage... And there is no society and civilisation infrastructure yet so there is no alternative for hard beginnings...

So, ad. a) :

- I saw server with NPC fortress - this could be challenge for all players on server, if reward is good. There can be zombie-extremally-ifested fortresses too - when place is cleared out then it could be repairing shop for all that helis and cars laying there...  When some point is captured zombies could stop spawning in area too. It could be temporal spawn point until area is keeped free of zombies or NPCs.

- could be wandering band of zombies, walking from town to town looking for... what zombie look for. Such travels could be simulated by server and spawned only on player proximity to actual horde location. Poor military zombies are obvious candidate for such hordes ;) And horde members could carry eg. vaccine of invoulnerability to infection (for current life). In this case zombies AI should gain moving car dodging...

- anyone saw "The bees" by A. Hitchcock and remember final idea for dealing with the swarm ? - the special sound/waves source... Let say zombies are animals-like and hear sounds not heared by normal ppls. Players could construct such devices working in town range or even half map range. Sounds invoking zombies or scaring zombies. Invoking zombies would be kind of C4-like trap but without explosion.  Half map range devices could have tactical meaning. There can be devices making zombies fight other zombies but I saw in other game such feature removed - animals was intentionally trigged to attack other animals so players have easy win... Of course device construction/application should require players cooperation - not less then 7 ppls or such device will be new favorite bandits toy or just easy loot collecting tool... And zombies should be "hipnotized" only for limited time becouse game could start to be boring...

- player constructed bases with wires connected to electricity for anti-zombie protection - could be alternative to no-pvp areas...

- some hidden base occupied by mad military forces and crazy scientists ? They are the cause of zombie infection !  Base should respawn somewhere else after players destroy one ;) But in the mean time maybe zombies could be friendly ? One could talk with them, feed them to tame aggression... Good zombie, here is tin of beans... Bases defence could use tanks and artillery... No idae how players could win ;) Ghili and distraction ? But tanks used by players could destroy gameplay on whole server, just like heli with to many missiles...

Anything what gather ppls together and gives them common objective to achieve will reduce KOS and improve gameplay. It must be something smarter then lootable post-military building... Something what helps society to adopt to new reality - zombies are stupid, humans are smart ! Even "press here when bulb start lighting" is to easy, zombie could adopt !  Give us computers and machinery to be controled via them !

Going sci-fi is always an option but probably it should be a mod to DayZ mod :)

In the actual DayZ game mechanics KOS is a worthy tactic because the environmental dangers are very low, so the survivors playing that way are not endangered by bunches of Z's attracted by the gun shots. KOS is easy, does not requires too much thinking about the consequences of own actions and can result in useful equipment gathering. In my opinion KOS is a direct consequence of the actual gameplay and is not to pursue with some kind of punishment but should be more difficult than now because of a more challenging environment.

• Like 1

In the actual DayZ game mechanics KOS is a worthy tactic because the environmental dangers are very low, so the survivors playing that way are not endangered by bunches of Z's attracted by the gun shots. KOS is easy, does not requires too much thinking about the consequences of own actions and can result in useful equipment gathering. In my opinion KOS is a direct consequence of the actual gameplay and is not to pursue with some kind of punishment but should be more difficult than now because of a more challenging environment.

This is one of the issues that's been addressed. If you make survival harder, you make gear harder to obtain and keep hold of. Which pushes the relative value of gear up and makes people more likely to kill in order to steal or protect gear.

Remember folks, dayz is just a virtual world with restrictions. How you play and interact directly reflects what excites you at any given time. What you choose to do in game isn't going to affect your real world except occupy your time. I'm sure many of us choose to approach the dayz virtual world with a real world attitude when it comes to decision making but if you die in game you can still get up off your chair and go to the fridge for your favourite beverage etc. I'm a firm believer that because our real lives are not directly affected by in game decisions, those decisions can often be taken lightly. Try and be honest with yourself, if there was a real zombie apocalypse and you had to come to terms with the death, sounds, smell and frightening realization that there are violent flesh eating neighbours close by, what would you do? Would you grab the nearest weapon and simply barge outside and start slaughtering or sit in the dark and ponder your next move?  You can question and thread about "KOS" all you want but the simple fact remains it's here to stay. I understand it's a discussion on reducing it but because it's a virtual world the very nature of "KOS" is too overwhelming. Some people hide, crawl, run, loot and then come across Jonny newspawn and reduce him to pulp with an axe purely because he's there, why? Simple, because they can! If that was real life would you have stopped and chatted with him? "Hey, Johnny your alive! Do you have any supplies? Have you seen anyone else alive? To be left alone in a shitty apocalypse just might be your worst nightmare and killing the first person you see may not be high on your list. I have no doubts that there would be real life gangs and bandits killing and looting too, hell there is plenty of that going on without an apocalypse. People can turn nasty quickly when it comes to survival so I believe you would still have to be cautious when approaching others.

Survivors killing other survivors for fun is something I have learnt to adapt and incorporate it into my decision making when entering a town or simply crossing a field, it makes for some pretty intense moments at times too. I don't necessarily agree with "KOS" but I can still enjoy my gameplay through adaptation.

• Like 1

Again the force field argument. How do you explain your gear disappearing when you die? what sort of Magic is that? O.o

the same way u "magicaly" know were your previous dead corpse is...

the same way u "magicaly" know were your previous dead corpse is...

Yes! That's the way I got back all my equipment after dying by a nasty infection...I have just choosen a known and quiet place to die, this coupled with a little bit of luck during respawn made me the best equipped fresh-spawn ever!

...but this story is OT for sure...

As someone stated earlier, it is the "sight" part of KOS that gets many players killed.

"Oh look, a coyote pack, m14 toting survivor running across an open field. I wouldn't mind replacing this enfield and Alice pack." Boom dead. Now if that m14 toting survivor was playing more tactically and SAW his less-geared counterpart first, he has control of the situation:

"Well, that guy doesn't look like he has much gear to offer me. But I'm at half blood with no mathes and have 2 bloodbags in my pack. I'll jump him, force him to drop his weapon, and then I can control the situation from there."

There are more players out there that are willing to cooperate than you think. You just need to limit their options and force their hand.

Respect is earned, not given.

• Like 2

KoS is a tactic. Would you trust a random stranger with a weapon in a survival situation, where killing you is easy and your juicy gear will make things a lot easier for him to survive?

You can't trust anybody.  Play with friends if you want to play with people.  You can't trust a stranger with your life.  The faster you understand this, the faster you will start to enjoy DayZ.

That's why you lower your weapons and you never stand still in front of them. Or even be in front of them for that matter. I've been betrayed once. I helped a fresh spawn who I happened to KOS 10 minutes earlier. He put his lee in the back of my head and took his gear back. Fair enough. Every other time I have approached a player we have either gone separate ways (lack of trust or lack of necessity for the others help) or benefited from cooperation (whether that be from entertainment or actual utility).

Many players no longer trust anyone because of their own failings. After blindly putting their lives into another's hands and being punished for it one too many times they decide to take the easy route that requires far less tact or diplomacy. It's fear and a lack of ability that drives this KOS mentality, not any inherent desire to avoid human interaction

The QQ threads about KoS are irrelevant because of the very core of what dayz is. Rocket allready stated over a year back: the game is what the players make it.. do not look to him for balance because you won't get it. KoS is what most people consider the safe option and thus it will be mostly the norm.

No amount of crying or threads is going to change anything about that.

things are going better for me even from this side, playing in a whitelist server..keeping playing at the same time of the day and in the same hive makes you remember which players are bandits and which are survivors who team up with..i know this can be meta game aswell as teaming on TS but it's also nice for me..to have some kind of online neighborhood..

this and approaching people unnoticed while having my rifle at their ass..then we talk.

obviously there always will be a sniper here and there, ready to kill you..but it's always a fps..

I don't give a rat's arse about KoS, shoot until your mouse button wears out.

The problem I have is with the stupidly implausible amount of guns and ammunition, which should be much less common than the current deluge of firepower laying around everywhere.

Most players should be duking it out with melee weapons and throwing rocks at each other.  That's more like a bloody apocalypse, rags to wear, scraps of food, pointy sticks.

• Like 1

That's why you lower your weapons and you never stand still in front of them. Or even be in front of them for that matter. I've been betrayed once. I helped a fresh spawn who I happened to KOS 10 minutes earlier. He put his lee in the back of my head and took his gear back. Fair enough. Every other time I have approached a player we have either gone separate ways (lack of trust or lack of necessity for the others help) or benefited from cooperation (whether that be from entertainment or actual utility).

Many players no longer trust anyone because of their own failings. After blindly putting their lives into another's hands and being punished for it one too many times they decide to take the easy route that requires far less tact or diplomacy. It's fear and a lack of ability that drives this KOS mentality, not any inherent desire to avoid human interaction

^This^

Abso-

fucking-

lutely

Lower Ammo = Problem solved. 

Right now, The Ak's, Stanags, Lee Field, Etc, have too many mags and are too easy to find. 

If you limit the amount of ammo and weapons, people should think twice before shooting, or shoot even more so they can get more supplies. 

I think if you have less ammo, it encourages people to no try to engage a fire fight.

But what if you also add some sort of thing so people don't play as a bandit. Like, if you become a bandit;

More prone to colds (Because you're cold hearted?) Mainly for gameplay reasons.

Hazy vision.

Loud sounds, such as talking to your self, yelling, and other phyco sounding things to give away your position. 

Etc.

My problem is not bandits. It's normal players just killing everyone. You don't know if they're friendly or not. You find a fresh spawn and ask if he/she needs supplies, and bam! Dead. 

It's an easy way to start by killing a hero when your a freshspawn. A bunch of gear right off the back. 

And that I can't think of how to stop.

Off topic, but; I don't know how hard it would to be, but what if Rocket added boats that let you walk around in them. Like in Far Cry 3, you can walk around in boats. I've seen it done on TCG etc, so why not have some boats like that in DayZ. It would add an end game. Find a yacht or a large fishing boat, sail it out to sea, and relax there. Obviously no fun, but it gives a goal. 

Lower Ammo = Problem solved. 

Right now, The Ak's, Stanags, Lee Field, Etc, have too many mags and are too easy to find. 

If you limit the amount of ammo and weapons, people should think twice before shooting, or shoot even more so they can get more supplies. 

I think if you have less ammo, it encourages people to no try to engage a fire fight.

But what if you also add some sort of thing so people don't play as a bandit. Like, if you become a bandit;

More prone to colds (Because you're cold hearted?) Mainly for gameplay reasons.

Hazy vision.

Loud sounds, such as talking to your self, yelling, and other phyco sounding things to give away your position. 

Etc.

My problem is not bandits. It's normal players just killing everyone. You don't know if they're friendly or not. You find a fresh spawn and ask if he/she needs supplies, and bam! Dead. 

It's an easy way to start by killing a hero when your a freshspawn. A bunch of gear right off the back. 

And that I can't think of how to stop.

Off topic, but; I don't know how hard it would to be, but what if Rocket added boats that let you walk around in them. Like in Far Cry 3, you can walk around in boats. I've seen it done on TCG etc, so why not have some boats like that in DayZ. It would add an end game. Find a yacht or a large fishing boat, sail it out to sea, and relax there. Obviously no fun, but it gives a goal. 

I had once a Makarov and only 7 bullets left and a 1911 with no ammo in my backpack, I desperately needed more ammo atm and all I was thinking was "let's see if I can find someone and see if it has some ammo, as I can work with makarov, colt or revolver ammo, chances are he has some I can use". And no, it wasn't by asking politely I would get that ammo... The "make things harder, loot rarer" argument makes your gear more valuable, not your live.

The boat idea es really good, if I remember well I already suggested something similar once, for a camp in the middle of the sea (like in WWZ).

I haven't read the whole thread, but i did come to think about this often

oh, you died? we will just save your gear and you will be the exact same person again!

Life has no value, gear has, so what if we make the value of life higher than the value of gear?

People would still either kill on sight, or just hide away if they dont have the needs to kill someone, just because the other person COULD potentially kill you, for whatever reason (and you all know there are douchebags out there who just want to damage others just for the heck of it)

increasing lifes value wont help, it needs to be changed how easy people can kill other people:

-Making all weapons you can find close-ranged at first, no actual guns or very few of them in the starting areas (makarov for example, if you are lucky a double barrel shotgun)

-Make long-range and high-powered guns extremely rare (includng enfield)

-Making Ammo EXTREMELY hard to find, leaving most people with melee weaponry and thinking about every single bullet they shoot

-running without a weapon equiped is faster than without a weapon, which makes people able to flee from other players not having a gun

-also, make zombies able to hit you while running, yet you could run them out the first few seconds without a weapon equipped

-zombies need to be MUCH more aggressive to gunshot sounds

these are very extreme changes, yet it may stop people from just risking everything without thinking, there need to be other things to do other than killing players and collecting gear along with them

you could also reduce the things players drop on death, yet that would be unrealistic, and not fun in the long run, not a big fan of that idea

This is a really nice video from Nick Bunyun discussing the KoS issues on DayZ.  It's relatively short and entertaining enough that I felt it might add something to the discussion.

• Like 1

It does add to the discussion,   I like Bunyun well enough.  Good talker.  But remember it's just talk.

Here's an "early" Bunyun DayZ vid.

Watch him go to town with KOS.  It's always been a KOS game - from the beginning - for those who want to KOS.

If it seems there's little friendly player interaction, it's because those players who wanted to do that left the game or changed their style after getting KOSed or back-stabbed one too many times.

You can only control yourself as far as KOS.  Bunyun didn't, or maybe he did.  Racked up 10 murders pretty fast.

Seemed to enjoy KOSing unarmed survivors.

Except for his ideas about an entirely different game, the rest of his talk is basically bullshit.  In that vid he's playing on a non-vanilla server, doing PvP.

That's all fine.  But he has no "credibility" talking about KOS or anything else in vanilla DayZ.   It's just talk. This vid shows how he actually ACTED in the "good ole days."

The ONLY thing that can reduce KOS frequency is game mechanic penalties.  But nobody agrees how to do that, and the devs apparently like it as it is.

There are pretty easy ways for the devs to do it, some mentioned in this thread, but they don't.

Doesn't matter to me. It's fun to talk about it though.

Penalties are illogical. We need cooperative tasks. Plain and simple. We need things to do that literally necessitate teamwork.

Nothing will ever stop KoS and it would actually detract from the game to do so. If you want to meet up with friendly survivors, then you must communicate with them, either immediately when you meet them, or indirectly through chat or something. You can only control your own actions. Keeping yourself from getting killed on sight is noob shit. Honestly, if you can't stay out of sight and approach interactions in a way that gives you a tactical advantage, then you're just bad at the game.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

Penalties are illogical. We need cooperative tasks. Plain and simple. We need things to do that literally necessitate teamwork.

Nothing will ever stop KoS and it would actually detract from the game to do so. If you want to meet up with friendly survivors, then you must communicate with them, either immediately when you meet them, or indirectly through chat or something. You can only control your own actions. Keeping yourself from getting killed on sight is noob shit. Honestly, if you can't stay out of sight and approach interactions in a way that gives you a tactical advantage, then you're just bad at the game.

this ancient statment of "getting KoS is only happening noobs" is the dumbest statement of them all

hostile people are counting on other friendly players being vulnerable, no matter how you trust someone, little or nothing, they WILL have the edge on you sooner or later

say you force someone to drop their gun: they do that, and you run around with him for about half an hour, you check some loot, and immediately have a hatchet in your back, just because the guy wanted your sweet dmr

you can't take them all hostage, and never for a bigger period of time, and people most of the time just run away or try to shoot you if you tell them to drop their gun, which forces you to kill them

more things needing multiple people to pull them off will just end in a bloody clan system like origins has at the moment, some people are friendly to you (your clan), but everyone else is just shot on sight, by everyone, because enemy clans begin to form and are just focused in playing against each other

I know it won't make the slightest difference in adding my opinion, but from what I've seen I've always come to the conclusion that a harder game with less ammo and tougher environment will increase cooperation at least somewhat

Dayz +

Harder zombies, they beat you to death very quickly and lone wolves have some trouble mostly

I saw many hostile players leave the servers i used to play on because the zombies were too hard

I met more friendly players on there than on any other game mode

Dayz 2017

Since zombie damage was increased Ive not met a single hostile player, might have just been lucky as I only ran into 3 due to the low population of those servers and 2 of the 3 had guns as did I

Plus offering starving players cooked meat on A regular basis meant they needed me alive to trade food when they were desperate due to me having a stash, I would Limet each trade to 2 pieces of food each time so killing me would be pointless in a way as they would never find my stash

Dayz 1.7.7.1

Pvp cluster fuck, people don't need each other so just kill you

People die over and over at the coast, so sticking north usually might find a few good people trying to avoid pvp central

Dayz 1.7.7

People raging, but more were cooperating than ever before, whether there were bugs or not, people were helping each other and the bandits didn't really change, just the occasional scared survivor asking for help

The problem is that people keep dying over and over on the coastal cities then complain the zombies are too hard when in fact the truth is really that they are just too scared to team up with people to fight zombies, so you get the never ending cycle of:

(With hard Zombies)

Spawn

Head to cherno

Get wounded by player or zombie

Ask for help and get betrayed / or shoot players for gear

Get killed

Spawn

Head to cherno

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

Good post Reg.  I think looking at the way the other mods have evolved and the way people play on them is fundamentally important to understanding the cooperative/kos nature of gameplay.  I've had significantly better luck meeting cooperative players on servers that are more difficult or servers that are whitelisted at the very least.  It seems to me like the majority (though definitely not all... I know there's a lot of good bandits out there too) of players who want to KoS, just look for any server with as many vehicles and added bases and weapons as possible.  They're not playing for the survival experience at all.

So, when SA is released and they don't have a choice in the matter, I do think there will be a lot of bambi-bandits, who will immediately get bored and move on to something else...

Could be totally wrong, but I think the differences in play-styles on each of the mods/servers is very telling of peoples habits and motives.

• Like 2

this ancient statment of "getting KoS is only happening noobs" is the dumbest statement of them all

hostile people are counting on other friendly players being vulnerable, no matter how you trust someone, little or nothing, they WILL have the edge on you sooner or later

say you force someone to drop their gun: they do that, and you run around with him for about half an hour, you check some loot, and immediately have a hatchet in your back, just because the guy wanted your sweet dmr

you can't take them all hostage, and never for a bigger period of time, and people most of the time just run away or try to shoot you if you tell them to drop their gun, which forces you to kill them

more things needing multiple people to pull them off will just end in a bloody clan system like origins has at the moment, some people are friendly to you (your clan), but everyone else is just shot on sight, by everyone, because enemy clans begin to form and are just focused in playing against each other

Not true. I was hunted - just yesterday - by a human player. He kept trying to snipe me, at which point I would go over a ridge, double back, loop around, ect. Keep on the move. Eventually I came to a barn that was surrounded by fields, and I knew exactly where he would come from.

So I went upstaris in the barn, dragging zombies with me, and killed them so they'd be sticking out of the wall, on the ground, ect. Visible from the sniper's position. Then, I booked it and doubled back into the woods. All I had was a crossbow and an m9, so I had to make it count. I waited, watching the ridge from a bush for a good 15 minutes, until finally my pursuer appeared over the ridge in the distance. I could see him go straight to the treeline and lie down, aiming at the barn. No doubt he could see the zombies, and he intended to wait me out. I began my approach. Looping around the crest of the hill, concealed by trees, I ran around an behind him. Finally I approached him, and killed him with a clean crossbow bolt to the back of the head.

It's all about how you handle a situation. I didn't say only noobs get killed on sight, what I said was that only noobs don't know how to take preventative measures to being killed on sight. Big difference. Yeah, I get killed sometimes. Simply using critical reasoning has gotten me through most interactions, however. For example, I'll give a player a ride, but only if they have a melee weapon or no weapon equipped when I see them. I tell them these things before we even meet. I tell them where to go, and I find them there. If they are friendly, they'll let me keep a thumb on them like that. If they don't, then they probably don't really want to meet up.

I don't "take people hostage." I approach them on neutral terms. I communicate with them prior to actually meeting them face to face. I make sure to stand in such a way in the environment so that I can (usually) obtain a visual of other players before they see me. If necessary, I control the interaction by force - and if I must kill them, then so be it. I never form lasting cooperations with someone who doesn't have a mic, and doesn't communicate with me. Even if they betray me, it's just a good story to remember. Besides, I see death as an end game a lot of the time anyway. 

And yeah, you're right. We would end up with clans, who would probably kill each other. So? That's actually quite realistic, if you think about it. Also, it would give groups of players who know each other something to do together. I just don't see your point. You're saying that we should force everyone to be a lone wolf all the time? I don't get it. If you want to be a lone wolf, that's your decision. Some people actually enjoy player interaction and want more of it, and you shouldn't deny those players the option. Everyone who's played Origins so far says it's fucking great, so it seems completely backwards that you would use that as an example of bad gameplay.

You want to talk about increasing the literal value of someone's life? Life itself is not valuable. Skill, labor, and knowledge are valuable. It's the capability of that life which is valuable. So if you really want to solve the issue, you have to give life a reason to want to work together. Constructing together, teaching each other skills, gaining new capabilities is what will make players more valuable as individuals. Small groups are exactly what I expect, and want, from DayZ. That, combined with more atmosphere and more engaging zombies will provide the platform for really compelling gameplay and player interaction.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

Took the words right out of my mouth Ander.  Well said.

It's times like these when I wish I could give out more than one can of beans for a post.

Not true. -random pvp storie-

What exactly wasn't true?

It's all about how you handle a situation. I didn't say only noobs get killed on sight, what I said was that only noobs don't know how to take preventative measures to being killed on sight. Big difference. Yeah, I get killed sometimes. Simply using critical reasoning has gotten me through most interactions, however. For example, I'll give a player a ride, but only if they have a melee weapon or no weapon equipped when I see them. I tell them these things before we even meet. I tell them where to go, and I find them there. If they are friendly, they'll let me keep a thumb on them like that. If they don't, then they probably don't really want to meet up.

Or they will wait with other people at the target destination and ambush you, my point was that friendly encounters ALWAYS give you a disadvantage over just killing people without them knowing what hit them, in the end you can't be sure they are alone, maybe are in a TS channel and are calling for backup while holding you of, or have a hatchet in their inventory and just wait for an opportunity

I don't "take people hostage." I approach them on neutral terms. I communicate with them prior to actually meeting them face to face. I make sure to stand in such a way in the environment so that I can (usually) obtain a visual of other players before they see me. If necessary, I control the interaction by force - and if I must kill them, then so be it. I never form lasting cooperations with someone who doesn't have a mic, and doesn't communicate with me. Even if they betray me, it's just a good story to remember. Besides, I see death as an end game a lot of the time anyway. 

And yeah, you're right. We would end up with clans, who would probably kill each other. So? That's actually quite realistic, if you think about it.

Quite realistic is a joke, clans wouldn't fight just for the heck of it, they would fight over resources, like deer to hunt, farms, fuel, stuff like that, currently its just brainless killing for gear people don't need, surviving is too easy and thus people get bored, ending in mindless killing

Also, it would give groups of players who know each other something to do together. I just don't see your point. You're saying that we should force everyone to be a lone wolf all the time? I don't get it. If you want to be a lone wolf, that's your decision. Some people actually enjoy player interaction and want more of it, and you shouldn't deny those players the option. Everyone who's played Origins so far says it's fucking great, so it seems completely backwards that you would use that as an example of bad gameplay.

Origins gameplay is ONLY KoS in clan vs. clan combat, which this thread is against, why are you defending origins for what it ultimately encourages? hell, it even REQUIRES you to kill bandits or heros to build igher level stuff

if you want to play origins team-deathmatch, you are in the wrong thread

You want to talk about increasing the literal value of someone's life?

No, that was the OP actually, maybe read my post again

Small groups are exactly what I expect, and want, from DayZ. That, combined with more atmosphere and more engaging zombies will provide the platform for really compelling gameplay and player interaction.

Then actually origins seems perfect for you, give it a try and enjoy the killin with completely surreal reasons on a point basis

• Like 1