Skint (DayZ)

Arma 2 Beta Patch 93965 - Gear Not Dropped When Swimming!

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

Great news.

Also this gem:

[93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile

[93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile

Is downloading and running this patch sufficient to play DayZ? It's just I keep spawning in Wilderness Bay, and I know I ain't downloaded Beta since May, so I suspect that's the problem. Any help please?

Also this gem:

That was in the last one, 93825.

I've installed the newest Beta, yet all servers are running 93825, so does that mean I can't play until the servers update to 93965??

Also great news that we'll be able to see how much ammo is in each clip/mag and it looks as though the "disconnect to refill mag" exploit is finished.

I've installed the newest Beta' date=' yet all servers are running 93825, so does that mean I can't play until the servers update to 93965??

[/quote']

Arma2 beta patches are backwards compatible. So yes you can play on 93825 patched servers.

This is terrible news, hopefully it isn't implemented in DayZ.

The ammo stuff is awesome though.

Good. Made refueling and repairing boats impossible, which is currently the only reason to go in the water in the first place.

Also this gem:

That was in the last one' date=' 93825.

[/quote']

:D

Misread it. I was just skimming the current change log, saw it, and assumed it was another tweak.

I've installed the newest Beta' date=' yet all servers are running 93825, so does that mean I can't play until the servers update to 93965??

[/quote']

Arma2 beta patches are backwards compatible. So yes you can play on 93825 patched servers.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. One more thing, I didn't install any of the previous betapatches since the one released toward the end of May, do I have to download all the patches since my last patch-up, or just the one the servers a running? I keep spawning in Wilderness Bay, I can't get to play this game which is so bloody frustrating. I've spent more time fucking about with Dayz than playing it.

[/quote']

Thanks for taking the time to reply. One more thing, I didn't install any of the previous betapatches since the one released toward the end of May, do I have to download all the patches since my last patch-up, or just the one the servers a running? I keep spawning in Wilderness Bay, I can't get to play this game which is so bloody frustrating. I've spent more time fucking about with Dayz than playing it.

The beta patch was required with the release of 1.7.1.x, so your issues may be related to not having it. In my experience, some older beta servers will not let me connect (I currently have 93825). If you get a black loading screen, try a different server with a current version (to confirm the nature of the bug).

I just went for a swim in the water and lost my backpack and my stuff. To be honest i only had some flares really, but had to find another dead player to steal her backpack.

Am i the only one finding this hasn't actually been fixed or could it be that the server isn't running the latest beta patch.

Note: I do have the latest beta patch installed (93965). I had the previous one installed and just unpacked and executed the latest one. Should work fine (as far as i know).

This is a server setting so if the server doesn't have it configured you will still lose your gear in water.

This is a server setting so if the server doesn't have it configured you will still lose your gear in water.

ah. fair enough. thanks for letting me know (note to self: edit the filter settings to look for BETA servers as well as ones running the latest patch)

ah. fair enough. thanks for letting me know (note to self: edit the filter settings to look for BETA servers as well as ones running the latest patch)

I'm quite sure that joining a beta server does not guarantee that they have changed the losing-stuff-in-water setting, and that a beta server simply gives the admins the *option* to change it.

from changelog

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

description.ext is part of the mission files

So this is done by the dev team when they hand out the server files for the servers.

If they want to implement it !!

Unless server owners are alowed to depbo the mission and edit the description which i doubt they are.

Trying to download the new beta patch ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip, keep being asked for a name and password : / ?

Two words : Six updater.

I haven't had to patch any beta files for Arma or update Dayz at all for weeks. I just lauch from Six and it works for me the same way steam does. ie: It searches for any updates before launching and installs them. Took me a while to learn to us it and set up but boy was it worth it.

So it reads in the newest beta patch that they fixed the problem with losing all you gear while being in the waters, right?

Last night I got fully equipped, ALICE pack, M16 with 7 mags, binoculars, etc. Found a map and there was a marker at Skalisty Island saying "heli crash" . So I headed there, entered the sea, began to swim. After some time I noticed 3 figures running on the mainland. I thought it was fresh survivor running from zeds, but then I've noticed that they stop sometimes and point their guns at me! I've got so excited, thought these were some clan members that were guarding the crash site. Told myself "wait a bit, in a moment I'll be on the shore and will pop their skulls with my M16". Finally , I got to the shore and what do I see? I have nothing! Absolutely nothing on me! M16, ALICE pack, binos… ALL GONE! And you know what I had in that pack? 5 blood bags and six pieces of Morphine! Do you realize how hard is it to get such a loot? For 6 morphine injectors you could get killed in real life if people knew where you live! If a patch says you shouldn't loose you gear then you really shouldn't! If I knew that this is BS and lies I wouldn't enter the waters in the first place! If something doesn't work then don’t say it does! Now I understand why those guys didn’t open fire on me. It's because they knew that I will loose all my gear anyway and were laughing their hairy asses off.

Am I wrong or was it an ARMA Beta Patch that turned it into a Server Setting Option? Didn't read anything about Losing Gear turned off in general.