rooniedoo

Standalone suggestion with duct tape

With the hostage feature added, it would be cool if you could like duct tape the persons mouth so they couldn't use Direct Communication or text chat at all. 

• Like 4

Not practical, there would need to be more uses, maybe fixing fuel tanks on cars??!!

• Like 1

Quad feed.

But if a player is in zip ties and is in the mood to shout abuse at you for taking his stuff... I'd love to turn his abuse into muffled screams.

And then beat his player with my rifle butt.

But quick fixes would also be great and realistic.

Someone had some horrible, horrible lag.  But duck tape is going to be in the game already, so just adding another use wouldn't hurt (and be in the spirit of duck tape).  Maybe use that if you don't have handcuffs to bind the hands.

I would say Direct text chat should be scrambled and limited (say range of 5 meters instead of whatever it is now (guessing something like 50?) and voice direct would be completely muted. (no real good way to 'scramble' voice chat IMO)  Not sure if 'radio chat' would be disabled if you were cuffed/tied but it would make sense (can't key your mic after all, unless you have it set to constant transmit)

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

i personally suggested duct tape, and it has been confirmed. i was probably not the first to suggest but i did a few months ago. more uses for duct tape would be amazing though, i agree.

U duct tape a grenade on the back and the pin arround the head, (like a harness). Then u tell the victim to run cause on the count of ten u open fire... sometimes I even surprise myself, sick...

U duct tape a grenade on the back and the pin arround the head, (like a harness). Then u tell the victim to run cause on the count of ten u open fire... sometimes I even surprise myself, sick...

Is this some sadistic execution?

:beans: idea for make chatty guy shutting his mouth is fucking great one and add some new fun things in dayz :thumbsup:

Just one of the many great uses of duct tape. I like it. But they should be able to pull the tape off once they wriggle free from their constraints, which is also possible.

Just one of the many great uses of duct tape. I like it. But they should be able to pull the tape off once they wriggle free from their constraints, which is also possible.

Aye.  The movie/tv single strip of ducktape to gag a person is a crock of shit.  Usually requires multiple layers and/or stuffing (like a sock) to actually silence someone.

Not practical, there would need to be more uses, maybe fixing fuel tanks on cars??!!

Why would you assume he only means one use for the duct tape ? 

Of course there should be several uses i think this chap is suggesting ANOTHER use maybe ?.

And what the hell at fixing fuel tanks with duct tape that's the worse duct tape idea ive heard :P hahaa

Anyway, how about like in the Dark Knight movie at the start where the joker and the robber rob that bank and bound peoples hands together

and then make them hold on to a grenade with no pin 

:D

Aye.  The movie/tv single strip of ducktape to gag a person is a crock of shit.  Usually requires multiple layers and/or stuffing (like a sock) to actually silence someone.

Or we could just have ball-gags and choke them properly then get naughty?  :P 

• Like 2