Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

New Devblog announce release date of standalone Yes/no

will you be annoyed if release date isnt in tomorrows blog?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. will you be annoyed?

just curious after the sort of hype building to the new devblog soooon maybe tomorrow will you be annoyed (honestly) if rocket doesnt announce the release date ?

now this is a genuine question. can a admin poll this

yes or no maybe your reasoning . thanks.

At this point, it really won't surprise me if there is no 'set' release date. Since I bought DayZ earlier this year I've heard rumor after rumor after rumor of when the release date is going to be so by now I've learned to just not get my hopes up.

• Like 1

I said no, no one should get their hopes up for the DevBlog. My opinion is Rocket will keep the date hidden until a special date.

• Like 2

Meh. It doesn't matter. I want the game to be good. It doesn't matter if it takes another year.

• Like 2

It all depends on how the milestone review goes... I know they're seriously worried about getting a working alpha out in time for whatever gaming conference is at the end of August (can't remember), and if the review goes well it could definitely be out by the 12th or 19th of this month.

However, even if the review goes well and they intend to release the alpha within the next couple of weeks, I still don't think they will announce a release date given their PR history.

No, I don't think they'll announce a release date until they absolutely have to.

The same people who wish to rush the development will likely be the ones who make the most noise when the released product doesn't meet their expectations. There is no good reason to be annoyed at the lack of a release date. Please for the love of god learn some patience.

He who sows hurry reaps indigestion.

Robert Louis Stevenson 

Edited by Fonebook

no , nothing t do with rushing it is it ? annnouncing a date for release doesnt mean they have to rush. it just means there is a date and they tihnk it will be out for then.

I  Voted no , Misery mod  2.0 came out yesterday so  no worries. Take youre time and make it the best you can guys.    :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've got plenty of new games from the Steam summer sale, so no. I hope the dev team takes as long as they need to deliver a stable, working product (well for a public alpha that is). It's August anyways, plenty of things to do. I would be fine with an October release date, darker skies and colder weather seem to fit playing DayZ better anyways.

Honestly I couldn't care less what the date is. In fact I might even prefer later rather than sooner. Take your time, SA.

I doubt it.  It sounds like there will be a clear picture of what they're doing and what they need to do in order to release.

no , nothing t do with rushing it is it ? annnouncing a date for release doesnt mean they have to rush. it just means there is a date and they tihnk it will be out for then.

Make no promises, tell no lies. I know someone who used to be an executive producer for a subsidiary of Disney. From the stories I have heard, once release dates are set it often triggers all kinds of things in the industry that are non-conducive to quality software production.

As a car mechanic I was constantly hounded about when the work would be finished. The problem is when you give an estimate, people forget its an estimate and start to build expectation. In a perfect world filled with reasonable people what you ask for would makes sense. In the real world we live in, applying pressure to get a release date (by starting a poll based around your annoyance) is tantamount to rushing them by expressing your dissatisfaction with the lack of a release date. The dev team is being honest when they say they do not know when it will be finished. I learned from practice that most people do not want that truth, they cannot handle it. All they want to know is...

When will my game be ready for me to pick up?

I am much more annoyed by all the complaining and sense of entitlement in the DayZ community than any lack of a release date. Thankfully this poll, like many others, seems to show that the elements of the community which engage in said behavior are in the minority.

No, Rocket pretty much said in the announcement of the release date for the Dev Log that: 'THIS IS NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE RELEASE DATE!' twice.  Actually probably three times.

Yes and if they miscalculated the release date then they would end up having a load of impatient haters on their case, not a risk worth taking.

Rocket announced on the 14th August that Dayz Standalone was under development right?

What if... They release it on 14th August 2013!

BOOM!

It'll be done when it done, thats good enough for me.

remember when dayZ mattered ???

the ever slipping release of a Alpha of SA is seriously starting to smell of vapor-ware..

will i buy it when it comes out ? sure i will, but im so far past the excited/shaky cant wait phase by now..

What?  Who really cares?  What devblog?  Voting "no" came easy, not having read whatever it is, or giving a damn.

In similar vein to the years of unfathomable dribbling over Black Mesa, DayZ is just a game, admittedly potentially a great one, but all the same ...

Is this the dawning of the age of trivialisation?  I blame Farcebook.

• Like 1

I am much more annoyed by all the complaining and sense of entitlement in the DayZ community than any lack of a release date. Thankfully this poll, like many others, seems to show that the elements of the community which engage in said behavior are in the minority.

Funny.

its simple it will be released Monday. how to i know??

simple i have a full 7 day shift and no money next week ( I have been keeping some cash back JUST for dayz) its sods law it will be released when i cant afford it and would not be able to play much if i can scrape the cash together

• Like 2

This poll is a good idea, see how people really feel about the SA's progress.

I voted no.

This poll is a good idea, see how people really feel about the SA's progress.

I voted no.

yep thats the whole point see how people actually feel . ;)