Horseyspc

Dayz mod and dayz standalone

who would prefer the mod over standalone ? at the moment i would because all the game play that i have seen has been crap in my opinion and i'm not hating on the SA at all i am hope for the best!

anyone else feel the same ? 

The gameplay you have seen so far has been early development builds as far as I'm aware.

Give it time friend, I have no doubt everyone will be pleased upon release of DAYZ:SA

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure why you're comparing a complete product to an incomplete one.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure why you're comparing a complete product to an incomplete one.

Indeed, it is a rather unfair comparison.

Moved.

Considering nobodies played it yet and it's still in early development it's probably a bit early to make a judgement call.  The wise gamer will wait for it to be released and then judge for themselves.  

If I based my purchasing decisions on pre-alpha gameplay demos I probably wouldn't own many games.  Derp.

• Like 2

People are so narrow-minded; as soon as they see footage of a game, regardless of what stage of testing it's in, they presume that the final product will be the same distinct thing.

It's almost like no one realizes that games change with updates and development, particularly in their alpha and beta stages. If they stayed the same, why would there even be a dev team?

As fraggle said, derp.

• Like 2

People are so narrow-minded; as soon as they see footage of a game, regardless of what stage of testing it's in, they presume that the final product will be the same distinct thing.

It's almost like no one realizes that games change with updates and development, particularly in their alpha and beta stages. If they stayed the same, why would there even be a dev team?

As fraggle said, derp.

Yup, that's why you won't see many companies showing pre-alpha gameplay and if they do it's usually just a screenie or some highly edited footage to show off the best bits.

Rocket can;t be accused of hyping the game up by showing it how it is but people will still jusdge before they should.  Dat transparency.

As the old saying goes you can't judge a book by its cover, so your prejudgment of something in early development might change as time goes by. Until standalone is released and about six months into testing, It's basically impossible to compare the two, so like the rest of us we'll only then have the opportunity to criticise and pass judgement on the product presented to us.  

• Like 1

quot+a+Scotsman+clad+in+kilt+left+a+bar+

You really need to find  a new image hoster because I don't want to go to funnyjunk to view this image.

• Like 3

"At the moment" all you have is the mod dude so play and enjoy. I am enjoying the different mods at the moment... there are alot of guys and girls who are putting alot of time and expertise into them. I dont think people are just going to abandon all their work for the standalone but they may give the standalone the time it deserves when it comes out as well.