Danchebanana

Being a cabdriver

Do you think that being a cabdriver in DayZ would work?
Would bandits steal your car or is there people that would respect a man that stays true to his country and keeps going to work?

I'd love to drive people around listening to their stories and maybe driving the car off a cliff if they get annoying.

• Like 2

You could try but odds are that someone will just shoot you out of the car and drive it into a bit of debris because they have desync. All your hardwork would be for nothing and you would be left ranting on this very forum.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

You could try but odds are that someone will just shoot you out of the car and drive it into a bit of debris because they have desync. All your hardwork would be for nothing and you would be left ranting on this very forum.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

I actually never get angry for getting killed, I mostly laugh at every situation everytime I die in a game, haven't played much DayZ tho :3

• Like 1

Tried this a couple of times.

First time actually had a bus service going along the coast, took a while to get some passengers and after reaching the scheduled stop at Electro got attacked by a bunch of thugs, bus took damage and many people died, fun was had by all.

The other time was on a server that actually had a yellow taxi, so fixed it up and announced my services to the server, seemed pretty well received, even the resident bandit clan said they'd resist filling me full of holes.

Picked up a few guys and no one died.

So long as you accept that it could all go wrong and can bear to lose everything then its a lot of fun.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 4

is good plan for make some business for sure :thumbsup:

is not my idea for fun drive everyplace for other guys but  for sure is take some balls to do this shit, I respect too much this B)  and say good luck for you :thumbsup:

I drive one time only, was quad bike some guy give me when I kill him with lee enfield  :P  he say somethings in direct chat I don't remember but was angry for sure >:(  something like he make work 5 hours for fix this shit and I am some asshole guy :o I was laugh too much for make reply :lol:

is good plan for make some business for sure :thumbsup:

is not my idea for fun drive everyplace for other guys but  for sure is take some balls to do this shit, I respect too much this B)  and say good luck for you :thumbsup:

I drive one time only, was quad bike some guy give me when I kill him with lee enfield  :P  he say somethings in direct chat I don't remember but was angry for sure > :(  something like he make work 5 hours for fix this shit and I am some asshole guy :o I was laugh too much for make reply :lol:

Lol sounds like you had fun while others were mad :3

And thank you! 

Edited by Danchebanana

Charge a can of beans per rider, I was in a bus earlier today and thought of the same sort of coastal shuttle as you did Fluxley. Sounds fun but has seems as if it has the same life expectancy as a Baghdad cab driver.

• Like 1

Charge a can of beans per rider, I was in a bus earlier today and thought of the same sort of coastal shuttle as you did Fluxley. Sounds fun but has seems as if it has the same life expectancy as a Baghdad cab driver.

Lool, yeah sounds like a plan, maybe it'll work better on RP servers since most people there might be less murderous.

If you want to be a "taxi" then play Arma 2 instead of DayZ.  Too many assholes play this.  I'd recommend Domination as a game mode if you want to be a passive part of the action.  Sometimes I hop in there and fly people around in the C-130 or choppers.  It's fun!

Personally I wouldn't do it if I were in your shoes. 

you could always do it on a none pvp server XD

The fact that someone wants to kill you makes it more fun tbh, I don't think I'd like non-PvP servers.

Might give it a try tho!

• Like 1

Tried this once. my first passenger was a bambi with a cz-550 we were heading to the NW airfield (bambis always need machine guns) when two cars came out of the forest one in front and one in back they slowed down forcing me to stop and killed the bambi, while they were looting him i ran into the forest and started throwing nades in their area.  I destroyed my taxi and their pick-up and killed 3 I think before one of the last two hit me with his rifle.

EDIT: by saying "hit me with his rifle" I mean a headshot, i died.

Edited by creeperbane

Tried this once. my first passenger was a bambi with a cz-550 we were heading to the NW airfield (bambis always need machine guns) when two cars came out of the forest one in front and one in back they slowed down forcing me to stop and killed the bambi, while they were looting him i ran into the forest and started throwing nades in their area.  I destroyed my taxi and their pick-up and killed 3 I think before one of the last two hit me with his rifle.

EDIT: by saying "hit me with his rifle" I mean a headshot, i died.

Hahahah loving that edit, at least you blew up a few cars