Sign in to follow this  
Danchebanana

Chatbox for the forums.

I'm new here, this is my 3rd post but I think a chatbox would be great for this forum. A Chatango.com chatbox works great with most forums. And like I mentioned, I'm new here so don't fuck me over if the chatbox isn't a thing for DayZ. Maybe there even is a chatbox and I haven't found it yet!

Love, Danche.

Edited by Danchebanana

Hey there,

A chatbox has been suggested already, and was highly favorable, however we decided against it since people would abuse it.

• Like 2

The forum has too many members for a shoutbox to work, It would be chaos.

That chatango shoutbox looks terrible, a better shoutbox is the one i have on my forum from http://ipbshoutbox.com/

Although for all we know there might well be a shoutbox :p hidden from all but staff

Edited by PK Richie

I would personally love a chatbox. I'd be happy to watch over it. However just due to the amount of abuse it will see, we simply cannot make an official one.

That being said, if anybody in the community already owns a chatbox and it sees some regular activity, I'd love to hang out, or possibly help out. I take any chance I get to communicate with as many people as I can.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 2

I would personally love a chatbox. I'd be happy to watch over it. However just due to the amount of abuse it will see, we simply cannot make an official one.

About the abuse thingy, couldn't you have chatbox mods and see how it works out?

About the abuse thingy, couldn't you have chatbox mods and see how it works out?

Thing is, there's only like 8-10 active moderators, and at least a couple hundred active members.

Make a new group that requires 15 posts, that should get rid of the spammers and people who signup just to annoy others.

Only downside is that anyone needing help couldn't access it.

Hundreds of forum users using the shoutbox would still be chaos :(

however we decided against it since people would abuse it.

This.

I'd probably get so many warning points too. I'd just draw punctuation cocks in there all day.

(_)_)ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ|D

• Like 2

Just have a spam filter or something. I'm pretty sure it's also possible to block all bad words if you want to be that extreme. 

I've seen plenty of large forums with a chatbox, none of which had abuse problems. If you abuse, your account gets banned, zero shits given; simple as that. 

• Like 3

Would seriously love a chatbox of some sort...

Anything to distract me from work, ya know?

• Like 2

Would seriously love a chatbox of some sort...

Anything to distract me from work, ya know?

Feel the same way

Hello there

Surely we can use the Steam group chat?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Is there a group chat on Steam? If so, link please.

Hello there

There's a Steam Group called DAYZ with 766 members. Im getting an error accessing it at the mo, but the chat seems to work. (im only one there.)

Can anyone confirm if its still current?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

No swearing ? well #### ##### ##### lame ! As long as we could toggle the chat on/off in preferences i don't really have an opinion on it. 

I think it would work fine, as long as abusers get permanently banned from chatbox privileges.

With hundreds of users online at a time, wouldn't it be flooded?

• Like 1

Musty Gaming > DAYZ Steam group

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Nobody uses Steam group chat ever, ever, ever, ever. For some reason. Not sure why to be honest.

Rgds

£10 Bag

Hello there

Nobody uses Steam group chat ever, ever, ever, ever. For some reason. Not sure why to be honest.

Rgds

£10 Bag

For some reason the Steam Group chat is inaccessible anymore.

Hey there,

A chatbox has been suggested already, and was highly favorable, however we decided against it since people would abuse it.

Everything gets abused though, even the forums. PMing etc... I'm sure the site admins will totally like not be lazy and like implament a beta function to see how it goes. *Cough Boneboys*

Everything gets abused though, even the forums. PMing etc... I'm sure the site admins will totally like not be lazy and like implament a beta function to see how it goes. *Cough Boneboys*

Well, like I said, there's nothing stopping the community members from making their own, just don't expect it to be received well or to be officially supported. If anyone does have an active chatbox, I'm more than happy to stop by whenever I can, but I can't exactly take it on as an obligation.

Imagine what it would be like each time a devblog is released.. or each time an imaginary release date is missed.. or when alpha is actually released.   Chaos.   Might be funny to watch it all stream by.