thunderjaguar6

What i need to know

I have recently registerd to the forum and am interested in dayz,but I due to me sharing my computer with my entire family I have to

play the standalone when it comes out in alpha stage,

if you can part some wisdom on survival on me for when the alpha comes out it.will be much appreciated and hopefully some other noobs in my situation will read this and gain valuable information

The good way is to learn the game for yourself. the most fun aswell!

Most guys just pick up the first gun they see and shoot the first guy they meet in the head. get his gear..

surviving is not a really big part of the game, the only thing you are surviving against is bandits.(other players) and glitches.

• Like 2

If you want to ruin it for yourself, watch the YouTube tutorials. If you don't want regret later, learn everything as you go alone. All of us seasoned players wish we could go back to the day where we were still figuring out how everything worked. I always wish I could go back. 

• Like 3

My advice is just jump in and learn everything yourself.  It is much more fun than getting loot maps (which wont work in Standalone anyway) and watching half-rigged YouTube videos.

The best moments of the mod were when i didn't have a clue and i ran around screaming and panicking.....ah the good old days.

Best advice i can give though is get a hatchet and use it on zombies.

• Like 3

Best advice i can give though is get a hatchet and use it on zombies.

Still my favorite weapon against Zombies...glad I never got into the youtube vids, running for your life panicking and screaming is a great learning tool! I miss when Zombies used to scare the crap out of me.

Have fun...I love this game