TheMightyGrain

how easy is it find a map

I have for the 5 months i have played servers where u spawn with a map just wondered on vanilla how long would it take if you spawned in elecktro to find a map

Really depends where you spawn and where you go, if you spawn at Kamenka and run off into the wilderness you're probably not gonna have a map for a long time unless you're lucky enough to find one at Zelenogorsk or Vybor. But if you loot the coast cities (Cherno/Elektro) odds are you're going to leave with a map or at least a compass, a compass is good enough until you can manage to find one. Keep in mind you can find them in sheds and small houses, not only pubs and groceries. Look everywhere for one.

I doubt you'll be spawning with a map in Standalone, and from what I heard at first there's only gonna be vanilla public hive servers but later on people will be able to host their own servers, so if someone decided to host an all day server then yes.

Finding a map if you spawn in Elektro? 10 minutes. Run to supermarket, then school, then the bars, and so on.

http://dayzdb.com/map

bam!  Almost as good if not better. GPS in game is nice though.  

In most servers with maps you can set waypoints, the dayzdb + compass combination is a good tactic but a map is far superior for that reason.

In most servers with maps you can set waypoints, the dayzdb + compass combination is a good tactic but a map is far superior for that reason.

Ah, I didn't even know about the waypoints, the in game map always just seemed like a less detailed version of the mod db map :P

That said I don't even use a compass in this game.  I orienteer off land features :D  so hardcore.  

Anyway, if I find a map, ill def use that if available.  

Maps are quite common in Residential areas - supermarkets, apartments etc.  A run through Cherno or Elektro should get you a map.

As for Standalone at E3 Rocket showed how we will find sections of the map rather than the whole map.  These sections can then be crafted together to get a bigger map. 

• Like 1

If you have been playing for five months you should have no need of a map ;) 

If you have been playing for five months you should have no need of a map ;)

OK Mr Smarty Pants - where is this?

30hpl47.jpg

And don't ask me - i have no idea!

• Like 1

That is the Chernarus region fine sir. ;)  Looks a bit like Mogilevka looking down on it facing South but that dirt road throws it.

Oh and get stuffed :D

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

That is the Chernarus region fine sir. ;)  Looks a bit like Mogilevka looking down on it facing South but that dirt road throws it.

Oh and get stuffed :D

Umm, yeah...that's what i thought too.....

Lingor?

EDIT: 

@ OP finding a map isnt tough but sometimes circumstance can fight against you.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Kozlovka.

I can often go days before realising i don't have a map, they just slow you down man.

• Like 2

I have for the 5 months i have played servers where u spawn with a map just wondered on vanilla how long would it take if you spawned in elecktro to find a map

if you in a major town about 5-10 minutes

you just goto a shop. if not one in shop pick up crap loot drop outside wait for loot to spawn.

Kozlovka.

Fluxley you champion ! This was driving me nuts all day :)

I bolted from Krasno down to Mogi where i was thinking of and grabbed this..

9a33bc.jpg

and then went for a quick run to Koz and took this snap..

2py189f.jpg

I retired my dude in the red building for the night in the joy of the moment ;)

• Like 2

Fluxley you champion ! This was driving me nuts all day :)

I'm thinking of playing as an in denial tourist guide when the standalone comes out.

• Like 1