Sign in to follow this  
Yamatzuki

Survivors turn into zombies

There is a lot of cases, where zombies kill survivor and nothing happens, he just lays there.. on the ground until somebody comes and loots him. Would be better, if zombies kill a survivor, he also turns into a zombie... his skin doesn`t change, but he has got all the zombie animations and nobody is able to get his loot until he kills him. I think this would make DayZ even cooler. Would be epic if this suggestion is added to the coming Standalone version.

Edited by Yamatzuki

No, just no. Rocket has stated that the zombies are not undead therefore, if you died your body would not reanimate.i only see something like this happening if you got an infection from one of the infected. And the survivors are supposed to be immune anyway.

It would be cool in a game with undead zombies but it's not right for DayZ.

• Like 1

The main reason why this will not be implemented is, that this would afford to have to many different Zed-Skeletons...or something like that. This would create massive performance issues server side. Rocket stated this in an interview.

The infected are not dead people but rather alive people who have been well...infected with a virus.

• Like 1

Hello there

If we think about it the whole idea of the game is a little ludicrous. It would be an interesting mechanic if handled properly.

Yes they are infected, but let's say that after death the still living infection affects motor function for a while resembling human action or even a vestigial representation of the survivors last movements.

There are many ways and means to "justify" pretty much anything in the game, so lets not nitpick but rather think if the suggestion will *add* to the game and judge it on those merits.

Rgds

LoK

The infected idea may be good but not to turn into a zombie. Say you put a diseased jacket or that if you wore it long enough you would catch the disease and slowly die unless you found the right meds. Such cases with food and drink as well.

The main reason why this will not be implemented is, that this would afford to have to many different Zed-Skeletons...or something like that. This would create massive performance issues server side. Rocket stated this in an interview.

Skeleton animation? What are you talking about? There would be no performance issues.

Skeleton animation? What are you talking about? There would be no performance issues.

How should I know? Rocket said something like that in an interview. They have a special body for Zeds which are by far less detailed compared to survivor bodies. That's because of performance issues.

No, just no. Rocket has stated that the zombies are not undead therefore, if you died your body would not reanimate.i only see something like this happening if you got an infection from one of the infected. And the survivors are supposed to be immune anyway.

I think though that only a certain few aren't immune, come on, it takes the hardness of DayZ if we are all getting blessed with Immunity don't you think?

The infected idea may be good but not to turn into a zombie. Say you put a diseased jacket or that if you wore it long enough you would catch the disease and slowly die unless you found the right meds. Such cases with food and drink as well.

your idea sounds good, like if you somehow get a bad scratch from a zombie, or wear deceased clothes, drink infected water, whatever.

if you find some antibiotica you can slower/heal the sickness, or some medicine that will be added...

only one thing... if everyone is immune... why did the russians mutate to zombies?

1302389-1246890_haruhi___not_this_shit_a

players are immune to the virus we have discussed about this already hundred time already and answer is stil no 

your idea sounds good, like if you somehow get a bad scratch from a zombie, or wear deceased clothes, drink infected water, whatever.

if you find some antibiotica you can slower/heal the sickness, or some medicine that will be added...

only one thing... if everyone is immune... why did the russians mutate to zombies?

They are not Russian. Survivors in DayZ are immune, not everyone is immune.

This is a virus, similar to 28 Days Later and unlike The Walking Dead. In 28 Days Later, the zombies can bleed out and will die of starvation because it is a virus. In The Walking Dead, people can be cut in half and still drag themselves around and then after death they will become a zombie. Two different things, just based on how the infection type is. 

They are not Russian. Survivors in DayZ are immune, not everyone is immune.

If survivors are immune i must be the unluckiest son of a b#tch playing because I seem to get infected every once in a while.

If survivors are immune i must be the unluckiest son of a b#tch playing because I seem to get infected every once in a while.

Thats just AN infection rather than THE infection, when you get sick from a zombie its just because of all the crap and blood on them making you ill, rather than catching the actual zombie infection. 

Thats the official line on it anyway, the speed that you get ill makes it a bit hard to swallow.

Edited by Fluxley

How about for Dayz Origins? 

Another Type of class: Hero, Bandit & Cannibal. I like using the knife to gut animals and collect the meat in Dayz but my humanity does not want me to become a cannibal. lol I just read the Dayz 2017 features and that would be a welcome edition to origins. The ability to get slowly sick off infected meat (animals/human/zombies) and go off looking for a cure have the effects in time do something to cannibal player class.  maybe turn the cannibal into a zombie at Class 3 and since class is zombies no other zeds attack that player?  It would make for plan attacks where other npc attack human and than run after a human player while trying to heal or loot. Origins already made different type of skins for the zombies.

read the article here about Dayz 2017 which has a lot of cool skins for the players.

http://www.dayzbuzz.com/dayz-2017-ho...es-and-humans/

When I first play Dayz I was trying to get away from the zombies and went into a building.  Even though the zombies are walking it was the fear that zombies are still coming to get you.  Many times got hit and had to heal and running into a building was the only way to do so because it gave some time.  Now that standalone is having zombies run inside the building worried that will break the experience.  I like the idea that zombies still walk inside and I would rather have another human/zombie online player be the runner inside the buildings not the npc.

or maybe not turn into zombies but at lease look for a cure since server side may have an issue with animation.

Edited by ofcourseitsme

As long as they are not player controlled zombies I don't mind.  

How about for Dayz Origins? 

If you want to make suggestions for Origins, you'd be better off going to the Origins forum. it's a completely separate mod.