Fionny

Is anyone friendly anymore?

Just curious does is anyone friendly any more? I don't think ive come across a player who is friendly since I started playing... everyone just blasts immediately and its getting a bit old...

Its like a self fullfilling prophecy now because if you hesitate to see if someone is friendly you will likely be killed so you have to shoot first and wonder after... and if that player you just killed WAS friendly then they now need to adopt the shoot first attitude until nobody will even consider playing nice any more.

I understand this is a mechanic of the game but I also understand its not how it was supposed to be.

I'm friendly. I met another friendly player too. I'm not sure how different he would've been if he had a gun, but when we both had a hatchet, he was friendly. Try to stay strong. Be friendly, but be VERY cautious. If you see someone, get back, maybe get some cover, but stay nearby. Then ask over direct comm using voice or chat if they're friendly.

And to add to what I said about caution, bandits will use the "Oh yeah I'm friendly" tactic before shooting you.

Everytime I have done what you just suggested I have been killed... every time and it happens alot. I generally run away if I hear another player coming in but im very soon just going to try get the jump on them.

Last night was killed in a field while running to kill a boar... no queries nothing just a shot then i sprinted off zig-zagging and 4 seconds later dead... as was my mate.

Ouch man, sucks =/ if you do decide to choose to shoot first, try not to shoot me if we ever meet in game XD.

Well i was friendly, but everybody has been shooting me as they see me, so now im shooting everybody when i see them.

People tend to kill for sport, not for loot, which is a bit annoying, but I suppose in the situation you would get some maniac's doing that

People tend to kill for sport' date=' not for loot, which is a bit annoying, but I suppose in the situation you would get some maniac's doing that

[/quote']

I don't think this is true. I loot every person I kill and I don't go out of my way to find other players. I've kiled 7 people in 100 hours of play.

Scientists are sure: Doing direct communication voice helps in 50%. In the other 50% of cases people laugh even harder when looting you.

I typically have good results when meeting people, in first week playing i made 4 friends who i met hanging around. However, recently, it has been more bandit attack then survivor co-operation.

Yes, there is no survivor cooperation now. its shoot first dont ask questions later. I have no gun, no beans or anything, yet people will still shoot me.

now that im fully geared up with guns n ammo and lots of equipment, anyone i see is dead before they know it.

Yes, actually.

I had to get up to cook some food, and when I logged back in I appeared right next to another player at the Balota Airstrip. We scared the shit out of each other. I had a gun and he didn't, but I let him take an AKM that we found in the control tower because he let me keep the GPS.

After that, we got swarmed by zeds... I knew that we didn't have enough ammo to take them down, so I had to shoot him, throw a smoke, take his gear, and GTFO.

Sorry bro.

Yesterday a sniper in electro was non stop shooting people, i took my only weapon, an hatchet and went on the roof and killed him with it, best kill yet. He wasn't looting anyone too, as said before.

As already said ... Its hard to trust people now and it seems to be getting worse, One thing i love about this game though is its so unforgiving. One mistake or loss of concentration and your dead. The only person i can 100% trust in game is my mate, We play together while on TS3.

Just the other day i had a Alice backpack, Compass, Knife, Hatchet, Map, Matches, Binoculars, Revolver, Lee-Enfield, Plenty of ammo & plenty of food and drink, I had almost 200 zombie kills & 2 murders(both in self defense i might add)

I was on a roof prone just taking a look around, In the distance was a school and i spotted a guy laying down also on the roof, He hadn't spotted me yet so i held down right mouse and hovered my iron-sights over him ... I could have killed him dead! ... I didn't, He turns round, Spots me so now we are both looking at each other for maybe 6 seconds, I think to my self "Hmm he must be friendly" ... I turn round to head towards the ladders down off the roof and BOOM! ..... I'm dead.

I mean i was already looking at him when he spotted me so he must have known i was friendly or i would have killed him already!

Yes i was pissed off.

I by nature am a friendly person but how are you supposed to trust people when things like this happen too you .... All that went through my mind after that was ..... If id have just took the shot when i had the chance he would be the dead one!

People are bored, zombies are easy, there is no reason to team up with other players because then you are competing with your buddy for loot... and for what? You can just run away from zombies.

Until this game is challenging enough players have no incentive to befriend another and more incentive to be safe rather than sorry.

Im always asking on direct chat, most ppl are answering.. some of them with yes, some are true and saying nope.. but i dont trust anyone, so if i see a player or a lil group i will pay attention to them..

Well, with four shoot on sight deaths (three from unknown places), I've run into one friendly. I mostly avoid populated areas, but I seem to get shot at every time I even go to the outskirts of them.

Friendly, in all the hours i've played i havent killed anyone yet (shoot a few bandits back when they were bandits) but all disconnected. So not 1 kill.

I've adapted my playstyle to suit me and play a lonewolf role, have grouped up before with randoms but of late there isnt that chance with all the KOS thats going on.. The domino affect!!!!

A lot of players is friendly but as soon as they see your equipment(If you have good equipment) will kill you so they can have it. Happend 3 or 4 times to me now. And the people with good items will shoot to protect themselves and their equipment.

So friendly? Yes and No

Started out friendly got shot a lot so now i don't take the risk anymore.

Sorry if you end up getting shot, would love to work with others as i think it can be a lot of fun but as a said ones killed twice shy. ;)

Yes' date=' there is no survivor cooperation now. its shoot first dont ask questions later. I have no gun, no beans or anything, yet people will still shoot me.

now that im fully geared up with guns n ammo and lots of equipment, anyone i see is dead before they know it.

[/quote']

god help us all I try to be nice but it only results in my death :s

but i have yet to kill anyone and i refuse to, so i do my best to say that i am friendly and hope that I don't get shot at.

Im friendly...at the moment, i got killed everytime

its just sad to see everyone kills anybody if he see another person :(