Fionny

Is anyone friendly anymore?

Oh, c'mon this whole "I'll split your skull and laugh at you" shit is getting boring. How many insecure, real-life wanna be bullies are out there that enjoy senseless violence in virtual world?

Seriously, I was playing today, and a fucker was trying to sneak behind me with a hatchet... yes a friggen hatchet. He was so chewed up, he looked like a zombie himself.

Seriously, do you think coming at an armed man with a hatchet will get you more headway than just typing "I'm friendly, need help" ???

Of course, looking back at this, it was a nice moment for me. A crazy, beaten up guy sneaking behind me with an axe to get my stuff, while there are zombies all around. Desperation, fear, greed. Made a nice movie moment there. Up to a point where he got one right between his eyes, and I had to bail out of there, because of the sound of a gunshot.

Instances like these, from time to time are priceless, but the whole PvP no questions asked, shoot first, is getting boring.

Oh' date=' c'mon this whole "I'll split your skull and laugh at you" shit is getting boring. How many insecure, real-life wanna be bullies are out there that enjoy senseless violence in virtual world?

[/quote']

I can't help but get the feeling this was directed somewhat at me...

Moving on.

I'll go ahead and say that just based on the amount of QQ cry baby bullshit I'd randomly off people just to read their whining. But am I going to leave your items there to rot? Nah. I'll take every bandage and scrap of food off you because I know that it's a game of survival, not PvP. Am I going to stand there tea-bagging you? No. That's stupid. Am I going to lay there in wait for every new player and blow their brains out? No. That's stupid. Am I going to be unapproachable? Probably. Relying on others typically results in someone getting back stabbed and I intend to be the one with the knife.

I'm pretty noob at this game and earlier today I had just gotten my first gun, but no ammo. I was in the Balota Airfield when I came across another player. I typed in the chat "Hey, I don't have anything I'm friendly." I guess that was asking for it, but he shot me with a crossbow and ran off. I had no bandages, no nothing. I just laid there and bled out. The dude was either a huge troll or he was scared and shot me out of desperation because I had a rifle, but either way it was retarded. Most of the people who play this game aren't huge dicks or trolls, they just, as the OP stated, have induced a shoot first ask later mentality out of fear. I'll never do that. I'll die time and time again, I don't care. If there's some small possibility that I may just find a friendly guy with whom I can work together, then I'll try to find it.

Incentives work for me.

had a few bad encounters in the week I've been playing, found a player in elektro market, I coulda.killed him, had me a nice akm as well, as soon as he sees me he shoots. later on that day I forgive the guy n team up with him n his buddies, eventually I get shot in the back and looted by said buddies. that player and his crew is forever more.on my KOS lost.

today I offered anyone near balota a g17 and ammo for a bloodbag, a chap called Bailey answered.my call and we teamed up, we were later joined by 5 more players and ended up having a final stand with endless waves of Zs at the airfield ( 2 people had enfields Grrr) fond myself a nice m16 to help our cause and once the wave dies down I climb the tower and snipe.some Zs, only to be.killed by a bandit who heard all our shooting.

Was good fun and looking forward to my next spell in chernarus.

I see that DayZ has "evolved" about as I figured it would. It's gone from being shot for your makarov and beans to being shot for absolutely nothing. You lose everything, and some asshole gets a laugh out of killing someone who either had no chance of defending themselves, or refused to fight. Survival simulation my ass, this "game" as so many people call it, instead of the rightful title of "mod" is just a sociopath simulator. The only incentives come from being a horrible person and murdering everyone you come across, so you can get their stuff. If rocket was out to make a mod that brought out the absolute worst people that play games online, and put them all in one masturbatory fantasy where they get to play god with other peoples' virtual lives, without the consequences that real-life would bring, good on him I guess. How about we just take out the zombies and call it "Virtual Uganda"?

Oh God, please tell me you're joking.

If you aren't, let me know so I can stop holding in my laughter.

Oh God' date=' please tell me you're joking.

If you aren't, let me know so I can stop holding in my laughter.

[/quote']

Do you just make a living from being a monumental jerk on these forums? Every thread I've seen you post in has at some point included you making fun of or trolling another person? Who the hell do you think you are?

It's best to find friendlies in the south when you just start out, then get them on mic in steam or skype or something and you can kinda see if their really friendly or not. I met a random guy in Kamarov when I spawned on the beach, we split up because zombies chased us though. But we talked and had fun.

tbh its kinda truth.however,i found 1 guy who was friendly :) we met in the church,he just spawned and came for some loot,he found shotty but didnt even tried to kill me,while i was waiting for my friend we were exploring nearby markets and hotels with that guy.but still so many ppl waiting for you to start shooting zombies so they can pew pew you in the back.Right now i got gps and dmr with 180 bullets im not gonna ask if the person i meet is friendly or not,if u see me just run past unless u want to try take my stuff :P

must have pve servers for friendly exploring and newbie players with forbidden pvp or somethink like that.

I'm pretty noob at this game and earlier today I had just gotten my first gun' date=' but no ammo. I was in the Balota Airfield when I came across another player. I typed in the chat "Hey, I don't have anything I'm friendly." I guess that was asking for it, but he shot me with a crossbow and ran off. I had no bandages, no nothing. I just laid there and bled out. The dude was either a huge troll or he was scared and shot me out of desperation because I had a rifle, but either way it was retarded. Most of the people who play this game aren't huge dicks or trolls, they just, as the OP stated, have induced a shoot first ask later mentality out of fear. I'll never do that. I'll die time and time again, I don't care. If there's some small possibility that I may just find a friendly guy with whom I can work together, then I'll try to find it.

[/quote']

I do exactly the same, not sure why anymore though haha

I met in the Game two people:

One killed me directly...i died.

The other asked per Voice chat...i said i was friendly and dont have guns, he let me alive and we walked thorugh the world a few minutes, then zombies hunted me and i had to climb on top of a building, then i lost my friend.

friendliest person you'll ever meet :)

I get insta killed by other Players most of the time but idc,

I'd still hug em if I could :)

I find it extremely annoying that everybody just shoots you, even on the beach when you aren't spawning with anything usefull... last day i was shot by someone with a revolver with about 20 zombies around, i had no weapon at all, the zombies didnt even try to attack him! crouch-running has an aggro radius of 30 meters but shooting 15m next to a zombie with a revolver doesnt aggro them... lol

well, i respawned near the location where i died and trained zombies to that soab, he died, happy end

I don't trust any stranger nowadays.

When I began playing it was different. I teamed up with every player even with bandits (back when there where skins) and didn't even know they where bandits (I was like, wow cool camo :D ), getting killed by players was very rare.

But now it's just a free-for-all game. They even kill you unarmed... (fking pussies)

I guess this is because of the big attention and growing player community, with more players, there are new players thinking this is CoD,

and thus new players tend to meet those said run n' gun people, the new players get cautious and shoot everyone they meet to stay alive, devils spiral...

the only thing you can do about it is to team up with people over TS3 or skype or whatever, so you can rely on some constant conversation and actually get benefit from being in a group

what would make some sense would be a new kind of telling who is killing people constantly, like a second name in the killfeed or actually seeing the name of the murderer when studying the bodies

The mod should become so fking damn hard that all the CoD-kiddies (yes, I know, "omg that term again", but it's true) fly off.

Too bad none of you meet me yesterday, I gave a guy a Ak-47 which was a great way of finding someone to play with. Well the AK had no ammo so he couldn't shot me which might be a part of it.

My main gripe about this rampart killing is, that these fools suffer almost zero consequences.

You cant tell their names even if you seem em shooting at you so you hardly can get any kind of revenge later on.

I still feel that shooting random guys on bean coast is NOT proper justice and that it just perpetuates the whole mess we have now.

Oh well I will continue playing with my buddy, mostly trying to avoid others and fight fiercely back when attacked.

Our last successfull defence included bandit guy sneaking upon us, firing few rounds and then catching M107 bullet in his belly :-D.

I normally avoid other players, if I see someone I lie low until they are gone and it's never ended in me dying because of it. I really hope more people adopt this attitude, if you want to shoot on sight, why not play any of the generic shooters (I play COD at lunch break and enjoy it!)? I don't play this game like that 'cause it's a whole other type of game but it bugs me that so many other folk do.

Last night I was trying to crawl into a barn, hadn't even seen anyone about and I came under fire from somewhere (not inside the barn). There's no logic to this, they would have been better waiting until I had come out or aggroed the zombies. Anyway, I ran into the woods and left them wondering if I was going to flank them or not! :)

The mod should become so fking damn hard that all the CoD-kiddies (yes' date=' I know, "omg that term again", but it's true) fly off.

[/quote']

i agree, i have nothing and i get jumped for a tin can "why are you here" same reason everyone is, survive" before i get shot for no damn reason. they hover over my body, i bet they wanted there damn can back. Next time im bleeding on the floor and some guy comes in and looks at me, i type "can you help me out?" he shot me i guess those CoD players haven't tried dropping the "shoot everything that moves" tactic. i can't enjoy the game without someone throwing a tin can at me and getting zombies to chew my ass off. when will there be a single player version or atleast passworded servers. i don't feel like getting shot down just for fun.

I'm friendly, always have been.

IT's just trust nowdays is hard to get, they seem nice but then BAM!

I get back stabbed alot lol

Still 100% humanity( when it was implemented ) , not one murder to my name.. But me being killed is higher then anything else.

Plus people don't shoot for loot but for sport. the game isn't really fun anymore i come across a player and i usually help them but from all the trigger happy players i did what everyone else did. shoot them. "Hey man, alittle help?" he says "Ohh ok i'll help you" *stops bleeding* "thanks and could i use some morphine?" i take out a pistol and shoot him "i shouldn't have wasted a bandage on you, you would prob just shoot me anyways" i have finally adopted "kill everything and take all" why? because im tired of helping a player out just to have a bullet piercing through the head. you sir was my first kill and im not ashamed anymore. i can't trust no one lol i get that now

The mod should become so fking damn hard that all the CoD-kiddies (yes' date=' I know, "omg that term again", but it's true) fly off.

[/quote']

i agree, i have nothing and i get jumped for a tin can "why are you here" same reason everyone is, survive" before i get shot for no damn reason. they hover over my body, i bet they wanted there damn can back. Next time im bleeding on the floor and some guy comes in and looks at me, i type "can you help me out?" he shot me i guess those CoD players haven't tried dropping the "shoot everything that moves" tactic. i can't enjoy the game without someone throwing a tin can at me and getting zombies to chew my ass off. when will there be a single player version or atleast passworded servers. i don't feel like getting shot down just for fun.

well no much to say just have look at that video:

I've played last time with my friend on TS, we spawned not far away from each other, so we quickly teamed up. We were crawling through endless fields of zombies to Elektro, then suddenly we noticed a guy crawling like 20 meters behind us with a hatchet. Imagine the situation, an unknown guy following you with an Axe :D We were scared to death, but when he caught up to us, he told he was friendly and we teamed up together :)

Just seems like the whole trust aspect has now gone, because it's all about getting shot on sight, even people that used to be trusting have just given up on it now and have had to start shooting people down because they're scared that the other person is going to do exactly the same to them.

I do feel the need for the pvp otherwise it'd be pretty dull not having to think about whether you can trust this player you've just met, and the buzz you get from making that decision really seperates this mod from anything else I've played, but I fear that its totally gone now