Sign in to follow this  
Splaze

Can i play on a Server that has the older Version of Arma 2 and Dayz?

Hello everyone :D

My question is in the title above. Is that possible?
My versions:
Dayz: 1.7.7.1
Arma: 1.62:103718

On the server where I want to play, it needs these versions:
DayZ: 1.7.7.1 [same]
Arma: 1.XX: 103419

Sorry for the bad English... IM from Switzerland :D

I really need help :D Thanks :D

you can play on the lower beta versions of arma but the dayz version has to match 

so yeah you can play on that server 

My versions:
Dayz: 1.7.7.1    <== Has to be the same as the server
Arma: 1.62:103718  <== Has to be greater then or equal to the server 

Edited by AmberHelios

Yes, you can. As above - ARMA 2 beta versions are backwards compatible, DayZ versions however are not.

you can play on the lower beta versions or arma but the dayz version has to match 

so yeah you can play on that server 

Grammatical errors: 9

In all seriousness, I'm aware that you can join a server that's running on an older beta patch, but does it still work if the servers is running on an older version of the game itself? I know many games where this isn't the case, so I'm curious.

• Like 1

Grammatical errors: 9

I'm only doing that for the idiot who proclaims to be a grammar nazi  who does not know the correct use of ellipsis and has many grammatical errors in what he posts, He is very rude and offensive to those with any sort of learning problem or those who don't speak english day to day.

You can't run on an older version of the game only the beta as the beta only patches a tiny portion of the game and the rest of the game files are still running as 1.62 you cannot install the beta patch on anything other then 1.62 if you do the game will run with errors but still show up as 1.62.xxxxxx as that is the beta executable version number 

Edited by AmberHelios

I'm only doing that for the idiot who proclaims to be a grammar nazi  who does not know the correct use of ellipsis and has many grammatical errors in what he posts, He is very rude and offensive to those with any sort of learning problem or those who don't speak english day to day.

You can't run on an older version of the game only the beta as the beta only patches a tiny portion of the game and the rest of the game files are still running as 1.62 you cannot install the beta patch on anything other then 1.62 if you do the game will run with errors but still show up as 1.62.xxxxxx as that is the beta executable version number

Successful unintentional troll is successful. Being rude to those who are rude -- repeatedly -- doesn't make you any better.

Back on-topic;

Now I'm confused.

you can play on the lower beta versions or arma.

You can't run on an older version of the game only the beta.

What I was trying to ask is; Is the base game version backwards-compatible?

Can you use a v1.62 of ARMA 2 to join v1.11, etc? So far I have been/am assuming that you can't. But you're basically saying two things that don't confirm anything one way or the other.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

You can not join MP with different versions of ArmA/CO.

1.62 (required for DayZ)

Are dfferent versions of the base game.

Patches are for 1.62 only at this time.

Some servers may force a certain beta.

As a rule beta builds are backwards compatible, for example you may join a pure 1.62 ArmA2/CO DayZ build while running the latest beta.

In theory !

Successful unintentional troll is successful. Being rude to those who are rude -- repeatedly -- doesn't make you any better.

Back on-topic;

Now I'm confused.

What I was trying to ask is; Is the base game version backwards-compatible?

Can you use a v1.62 of ARMA 2 to join v1.11, etc? So far I have been/am assuming that you can't. But you're basically saying two things that don't confirm anything one way or the other.

its not being rude its pointing out that he cant correct people's grammar when his is bad too

sorry it was suppose to be of not or  have edited the post