PooPoo

Did I get hacked?

So I was in the firehall near the industrial building in Elektro. I spawned in the top floor of the firehall. Was quickly checking my gear and heading towards the stairs. Out of nowhere behind me I hear these shots and I was knocked out and had my leg broken. I see this character model running from behind (wtf???) coming to get the finishing shot. I'm pretty sure he was a bandit too. Is this some kind of glitch? Can players actually spawn right next to each other? Or is this hacks? 

I'm confused about what happening.

Did the player run through the wall?

Did you see the player run up to you?

Is there a possability the player came up the stairs when you were in your gear menu?

It doesn't really sound like he was hacking. It more or less sounds like he ran up the stairs and shot you, or he logged in right behind you.

Players cannot spawn fresh inside the firestation, but if they logged out there, that's exactly where they would be when they logged back in.

On a side note, get to a better position (i.e. forest) before checking your gear.

It doesnt happen often, but yah its possible. I got ping kicked once in the very fire station you were in on a very populated server. I logged into a lower pop server so as not to be 'caught' spawning in... My luck? chose a server where someone was looting the floor I was on... logged in and *pop* I was dead...

I'm confused about what happening.

Did the player run through the wall?

Did you see the player run up to you?

Is there a possability the player came up the stairs when you were in your gear menu?

It doesn't really sound like he was hacking. It more or less sounds like he ran up the stairs and shot you, or he logged in right behind you.

Players cannot spawn fresh inside the firestation, but if they logged out there, that's exactly where they would be when they logged back in.

On a side note, get to a better position (i.e. forest) before checking your gear.

I was in the very top floor of the firehall. There is no way he ran up the stairs, because I was walking towards the stairs and the shots came from behind me. My body was knocked out on the stairs and I saw his character in the top floor, so he was behind me as I was walking towards the stairs. Is it possible that players can spawn that close to each other? That seems really ridiculous that a player can just kill you from behind because he gets a lucky spawn.

Edited by PooPoo

So I was in the firehall near the industrial building in Elektro. I spawned in the top floor of the firehall. Was quickly checking my gear and heading towards the stairs. Out of nowhere behind me I hear these shots and I was knocked out and had my leg broken. I see this character model running from behind (wtf???) coming to get the finishing shot. I'm pretty sure he was a bandit too. Is this some kind of glitch? Can players actually spawn right next to each other? Or is this hacks? 

Someone could have logged out at the same place as you did, it happens.

I was in the very top floor of the firehall. There is no way he ran up the stairs, because I was walking towards the stairs and the shots came from behind me. My body was knocked out on the stairs and I saw his character in the top floor, so he was behind me as I was walking towards the stairs. Is it possible that players can spawn that close to each other? That seems really ridiculous that a player can just kill you from behind because he gets a lucky spawn.

It all depends on the server you were playing on. Sure, it's possible he teleported behind you and shot you. But it's also possible he just logged in behind you. Yes, players can log in that close to eachother, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Do you happen to know the name of the server you were playing on?

It all depends on the server you were playing on. Sure, it's possible he teleported behind you and shot you. But it's also possible he just logged in behind you. Yes, players can log in that close to eachother, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Do you happen to know the name of the server you were playing on?

I forget the server name, but it only had 6-8 people in it if I recall, so it wasn't a really high traffic server. It just doesn't seem probable that in the 2 seconds it took me to walk to the stairs, someone spawned in right behind me and shot me. 

Edited by PooPoo

I forget the server name, but it only had 6-8 people in it if I recall, so it wasn't a really high traffic server. It just doesn't seem probable that in the 2 seconds it took me to walk to the stairs, someone spawned in right behind me and shot me. 

You never know. If you really want to know, your best bet would be to find the server, and contact the admins.

First of all... *facepalm* Your post. So many problems.

He logged in, and apparently he had logged out behind you.

You weren't "Hacked," and you're using that verb HORRIBLY wrong.

• Like 1

First of all... *facepalm* Your post. So many problems.

He logged in, and apparently he had logged out behind you.

You weren't "Hacked," and you're using that verb HORRIBLY wrong.

Thanks for correcting my grammar, because that's why we're all here. Like I said, it took me 1-2 seconds to walk to the stairwell on a low population server, I just found it hard to believe in that 1-2 seconds someone just so happened to spawn right behind where I was. I've heard of people using hacks where they can teleport to other players etc, and this guy had a bandit outfit on so I assumed that's what happened.

• Like 2

post-165798-0-40765900-1374318719_thumb.
  • Like 2

Thanks for correcting my grammar, because that's why we're all here. Like I said, it took me 1-2 seconds to walk to the stairwell on a low population server, I just found it hard to believe in that 1-2 seconds someone just so happened to spawn right behind where I was. I've heard of people using hacks where they can teleport to other players etc, and this guy had a bandit outfit on so I assumed that's what happened.

Hey. You were the one dumb enough to logout in the "Firehouse" ... you think others didn't do the same? Either that you or you got "Ghosted" (you were seen, the guy logged out and changed servers and got behind you, then changed servers back)

Have you considered a possibility that the guy who shot you was already there and you just spawned in front of him with your back towards him? It sounds even more improbable that within 1-2 seconds of you spawning someone teleported to you to kill you.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

:facepalm: Does this really need a post? Its obvious that he just happened to spawn next to you and that he was a bandit and killed you isn't surprising either.

Edited by HardlyThoughtOf

Edited by PooPoo
  • Like 1

You were likely killed by a ghosting player, someone logging into different servers near high-value loot to minimize travel time/detection.

While the ghosting player is not very sporting, you should think twice about logging out in the Firehall next time. (Or any building really.)

• Like 1

the grammar nazis around hear will put you in a camp if you miss spell.

watch your self poo poo.

and poo poo (great name by the way)

don't be mean,some one logged in behind you, sorry we where mean but its just a normal kill.

Edited by meat pie

50/50 chance that it was either what they are all saying (ghosting, logging, whatever), or like you are afraid of:  shenanigans.

I have seen invisible players get right behind and shoot.   Doesn't matter how few players are on the server.   You'll never know what it actually was so forget it and respawn.

• Like 1

I have seen invisible players

Invisibility - the state of an object that cannot be seen.

ROFL. If they are invisible, how do you see them? 

As per the OP - Don't ever log out in town. Make sure you always log out in the woods prone under a tree. 

I learned the hard way...do NOT log out at the station house...everyone goes there!

OP, sounds to me like this guy just happened to log in to the server, right behind you.

Also about invisible players... There certainly are invisible players and I have witnessed their presence ;)
The guy that I met was teleporting all over the map and killing people with DMR, while also being invisible. He failed to kill me, though, as I got away.