rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

I've come across a bug since 1.7.1.1 that has affected me multiple times' date=' but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce it. I've tried, but it seems a bit random.

Sometimes when crouch walking, or crawling slowly (shift + prone movement) my character gets stuck as though the walk/run toggle has been turned to walk.

What I've tried, and what I've observed:

- I've tried to toggle run/walk it back to normal but it doesn't work.

- I've tried rebinding the toggle run/walk key and rebinding left shift, but neither seem to work.

- Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't work, I have to restart the game.

- I've tried switching from prone, to crouch, to standing and variations of switching between the three but no change.

- I attempted to sprint which worked until I stopped again, reverting back to constant walking. Even while sprinting I was still running at 3/4 speed than normal.

- The walking animation seems to progressively get slower as I keep attempting to fix it, almost like slow motion.

- Once I managed to get myself back into running while crouched, but I was still only moving at 3/4 speed, and when I stopped I returned to the slow walking again.

- Every time it has happened, I've been newly respawned with my torch still in my backpack rather than in my hands.

It seems completely random as to when it happens, and I've attempted to reproduce it outside of the mod but it doesn't seem to affect me. I've been hit by it approx. 6 times now, using both my laptop and PC. I own the Steam version, but start the game without using the Steam overlay.

Does that sound like an engine, mod or user-end problem?

[/quote']

Possibly related to the post above about locking into the walk speed and not being able to get out of it without double tap W, I have encountered something after being prone and recovering from falling unconscious.

[bug?] When prone and falling unconscious through low blood, after regaining conscious movement gets locked in one direction ie. sideways right. Pressing the left movement button stops you moving right but holds you still as if no buttons are pressed. Upon falling unconscious again the movement is then re-set to another direction (possibly the opposite to before but unsure).

Isn't that because you double-tapped shift without realizing? I know this happens with free look (Alt).

Possibly for the standing slow movement, although I have tried to 'un-lock the movement by double-tapping shift again to no avail.

This doesn't explain the forced movement when prone with no keys pressed though, does it? i.e no keys pressed yet still strafing right while prone.

Possibly for the standing slow movement' date=' although I have tried to 'un-lock the movement by double-tapping shift again to no avail.

This doesn't explain the forced movement when prone with no keys pressed though, does it? i.e no keys pressed yet still strafing right while prone.

[/quote']

Yes, it is unrelated. This is more similar to a common alt-tab bug when you're holding a key when leaving/entering the game and the game stil thinks the key is being pressed. Pressing that key (or that direction, since up+left count as 1 key) wil reset that key.

It's probably something along the lines of holding the key down, while falling/glitching through the ladder.

I don't know if this has already been brought up here, but the Hatchet, primary, doesn't want to leave your backpack or your hands as far as I can tell. Both me and one of my buds have both tried dropping it and it doesn't want to drop. It may be because of it being out of 'ammo' but I don't know. Just thought I would bring this up here.

I've found that if you get the "alt-tab-hold-down-key glitch" that alt tabbing out and then back in again also seems to fix it.

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

How bout doing the same for the flashlight?

good suggestion, I might actually use the flashlight if this happens.

maybe even better if the flashlight goes into the slot where binoculars/nightvision goes. but idk if thats possible.

+1

Thanks! Where in the world are you located? I'm wondering when you find time to sleep.

Hey Rocket

Computer

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0 Ghz

RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti

Windows 7 64 bit

From the last previous 2 patches I have seen drastic performance drop. It seems to be mostly around the towns, dropping by half of the already halved FPS I'm receiving (Average FPS in town 17), it gets the worst when other players are near by. I also always hear flies from bodies I cannot see.

Rocket, is there any chance that barriers can be fixed to eliminate people from farming loot locations when server hopping? Like making barrier disappear when someone leaves a server. They seemed to be only used for farming, as there is no practical use for barricades at this time.

Is there any way that you can implement an item despawn radius when people log into a server to prevent server hopping?

Hey Rocket

Computer

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0 Ghz

RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti

Windows 7 64 bit

From the last previous 2 patches I have seen drastic performance drop. It seems to be mostly around the towns' date=' dropping by half of the already halved FPS I'm receiving (Average FPS in town 17), it gets the worst when other players are near by. I also always hear flies from bodies I cannot see.

[/quote']

This happens to me as well, and I have better specs then you.

+1

+1

Also thankyou for fixing hatchet, what about the crowbar?

What's the status on traps? Last week you hinted they would be in the next update. Which has come and gone. Can we look forward to it in 1.8?

After you are done bug fixing, tough its never really over, and ready to try new features, would you mind trying the feature of linking tents to characters? Meaning, when a character change server, the tent follow him.

Its mostly to help lone wolf in their endeavor because servers are not really reliable and server hopping is unfortunatly a necessary evil.

That being said, I really REALLY can't wait to leave the hospital so I can finaly spend some time on dayz.

+1

Awesome idea. And people wonder why we have the forums?

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

If you are fixing tents at the moment could you please fix "cook food" option too? I seen similar issue there. If you click too fast on the button you will get "extra" food.

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

That used to work with eating food/drink and gutting animals too (if two people gut an animal at the same time you get more meat), I guess the fix will probablly fix those too?

Sounds awesome! hopefully will help me with my crappy PC :D!

Has anyone else lost there primary weapon in 1.7.1.4? I lost my m1014 shotgun and a buddy of mine lost his M4, any news on that?

Rocket you said that we were going to lose all of our stuff in the tents next update, what about items in cars?

Rocket, I know it's more a limitation of the Arma2 engine, but is there ANY way we can make indoor movement easier? It looks like it takes into account the gun, which adds to your width, so you can't go in doors looking a direction. It'd be much appreciated if we could move more fluid inside for more realistic gameplay.

Thanks again.

Best. Patch. Ever! :D

Rocket you said that we were going to lose all of our stuff in the tents next update' date=' what about items in cars?

[/quote']

If you car is a tent, then yes. If it is not a tent, it will be fine.

<3

You rock rocket! Keep up the good work!

my backpack :heart:'s you!