Echis

Guilty Confession

Hello, I am new to DayZ as a player and I feel so extreamly guilty right now, that I just made this account to confess to the community what I have done..

I disconnected, with another player infront of me.. now, this wasnt so much a combat log thing, as it was me nearly wetting my panties in terror... allow me to explain..

I spawned on the shore in Kamenka, as often happens to me, so I start my way north-east, knowing Kamenka only ever gets me killed. I managed to scavenge some pepsi and beanz in Bor, and I finnaly reach my destination, the large barn between Kozlovka and Drozhino. My stealth is exteamly poor, but I manage to sneak in, and to my joy I find a hatchet inside, gleefuly prepared to axe murder every Zombie in the area (I need more beanz).

I poke my head out the front of the barn, and to my suprise, I see a crashed helicopter in the field near the road.. "What? this is where the guns come from!" I think to myself, and then crawl out to investigate it. This, is terrifying for me, this is the longest I have ever lived without getting an infection and slowly dieing, and here, sitting infront of me, in this pile of loot, is an antibiotic box..

I take it, of course, squeeling so loud my dog ran out of the room. I crawl around the crash, looking for anything else, but thats about all thats there..

So I crawl up into some bushes, and alt-tab to check the wiki map, when I come back, my new course plotted, there are gunshots, REALLY close to me.. I'm terrified, theres clearly somebody with lots of ammunition around me, so I poke my head around the bush, and sure enough, theres a guy with some sort of Automatic and a Ghilli, mowing down all the zombies at the crash and barn, he hasnt seen me yet, and clearly has TONS of ammo..

And then I did it.. I disconnected, terrified of losing the Antibotics that could make my character last longer than one hour..

I confess, I disconnected instead of facing a clearly better than me player and I almost wet my panties.

If you read this, Scary Ghilli with lots of Ammo, I am sorry for taking the antibiotics and not giving a chance for you to get them back, and I appologise to the rest of the gamers on DayZ, for disconnecting instead of facing my fate, and seeing if he would spot me.

• Like 7

I can't exactly say it could be considered "combat log". It seems more like wuss log.

• Like 3

Should've axe murdered him from behind while he was distracted. Footsteps on grass are surprisingly quiet to other players.

But I know how you feel. I've wuss logged before.

Edited by Blippy

Yep, this is commonly known as the "Pussy Log" or "Wuss Log"

Not to be confused with the "Combat Log" the "Server is Getting Dark Log" or the "This Isn't Vanilla Log" nether the less it is frowned upon by all members of our upstanding community.

• Like 8

Yep, this is commonly known as the "Pussy Log" or "Wuss Log"

Not to be confused with the "Combat Log" the "Server is Getting Dark Log" or the "This Isn't Vanilla Log" nether the less it is frowned upon by all members of our upstanding community.

^

^

^

THIS!

laughing so loud my family came to check what's wrong... lol

I totally understand...sometimes, when you first start and it seems like you wait for-fuckin-ever for the game to load, then in a blink you see "You Are Dead!" filling your screen.

Bummer.

SO, while I get it, just keep trying and learn to be a better player. I favor a hi-pop server (40-50 players constantly) and can make it easily from Balota to the NEAF without getting killed. There and back again.

To be sure, in the not so distant past, I would get popped on the beach faster then the Kardasian sisters, or Snookie from Jersey Shore, but now, not very often!

Keep goin buddy, your doing fine.

• Like 1

You made an account to admit to cheating?

People should take notes from this guy, take my beans. :beans: :beans: :beans:

Allow me to alter your story the way it really should be:

...I see a crashed helicopter in the field near the road.. "What? this is where the guns come from!"...

"And then i woke up by my own crying, beeing all in a sweat, realizing it was a dream of a glorious ancient time (1.7.6.1) where the earth was healthy, the flowers were bloomy and loot was rich...!" MUAHAHAHAHHAAH

;)

Edited by m.cab
  • Like 1

Since when did logging out become cheating? He did nothing wrong, to be honest. He didn't get fired upon, he wasn't in direct danger, so it's pretty much a normal log-out with action nearby.

• Like 1

That's a bit harsh i wouldn't call it cheating, he just had the pants scared off of him and panicked, iv'e been close to doing that when i first started.
  • Like 1

If you read this, Scary Ghilli with lots of Ammo, I am sorry for taking the antibiotics and not giving a chance for you to get them back, and I appologise to the rest of the gamers on DayZ, for disconnecting instead of facing my fate, and seeing if he would spot me.

Listen to me, it's all in your mind. It's not your fate to die, or to get shot. It's not.

Tell yourself instead that your fate is to hack those scary Ghilli's to death and you'll be fine next time.

It's not your fate to get infected, or to be murdered by other players. Your fate is to be strong, to survive, find lots of loot and to kill those bad bad bandits.

Get *that* into your mind, it will help you a lot.

Dear diary, I am new to DayZ as a player and I feel so extreamly guilty right now....

This is the proper way to start the thread

I don't know if this can be considered cheating ... you logged out ... yes there was another player nearby but they hadn't seen you yet and combat hadn't ensued. Maybe you should have snuck off in the other direction before logging off ... but I wouldn't consider this cheating.

Kudos to you for coming out with this and the way you made your post ... but I wouldn't be so harsh on yourself.

• Like 1

That's a bit harsh i wouldn't call it cheating, he just had the pants scared off of him and panicked, iv'e been close to doing that when i first started.

Since when did logging out become cheating? He did nothing wrong, to be honest. He didn't get fired upon, he wasn't in direct danger, so it's pretty much a normal log-out with action nearby.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

On a side note, in my eyes, it's exploiting, which I consider cheating.

Sorry ... since when did doing a normal logout when not in combat or not being chased by Zombies or not being confronted by someone become an exploit. If that is the case than I am using the exploit every time I log out of the game.

Seriously ... this is the lamest statement I have seen in a long time by someone with your experience on these forums. :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan:

• Like 2

There are no rules in this game. NO RULES. For all you know this Ghillie guy spends his evening shooting unarmed spawns on the shore.

You can listen to all the BS these guys are putting out.

Or be your own man.

Just remember, probably every one of them is a KOS'er.

And they like it best when they have a DMR and you have your hatchet.

There is no "community" in game except the one YOU make or YOU join.

This "community" here means nothing when you're in game.

It's all YOU.

You kept your AB's. And your hatchet. That's what mattered to you. You did right.

The first thing to learn about this game: NO RULES.

• Like 1

I want to confess about my Friend Althuin.

We went to berenzino, everyone was happy, we were supposed to loot hospital and some vehicle parts, we started our journey with the server only working helicopter our Mi17. Landing and the journey went well, untill we went to the hospital ofc alot of zombie encounters a little blood loss and that, then we took a blue minivan and went to the industrial area. We found 2 Tractors, fueled both of them and started looting some areas on berenzino, we had the time of our lives with the tractors just rolling around and roadkilling zombies :D, but i knew something bad is going to happen. We had alot of Vehicle parts and ammo, then we decided to go to our Mi17 the server only helicopter. I decided to repair the hull. my other friend Maisteri was just running towards the mi17. and we drove an parked our tractors well my friend Althuin was parking the tractor right next to the heli when i was repairign the hull of it, then BOOOM! Heli blew up, I died, Althuin did not even get a scratch and our jerrycans, antibiotics, guns and all, also the SERVERS ONLY HELICOPTER went up in smoke.

If i would say i feel a bit Guilty. i would be lying. I feel very guilty.

Heck we probally all done it once...i still reget mine to this day almost one year later.

Risk vs Reward OP. I know you were panicked but if you managed to keep a level head you could have had all his gear, imagine it! You should have stayed hidden waiting for him to turn his back and start shooting or trying to loot the crash site. When he is doing so charge down to him and send a hatchet through his skull.

Ok you got antibiotics, but you could have had all of his gear, and I imagine he would have almost full gear. Instead of this post you could have been writing one about how happy you were to be fully geared for the first time ever.

• Like 1

you might want to get your eyes checked. if the game gives you the option to abort, and you do so, it is in no way considered cheating

Sorry ... since when did doing a normal logout when not in combat or not being chased by Zombies or not being confronted by someone become an exploit. If that is the case than I am using the exploit every time I log out of the game.

Seriously ... this is the lamest statement I have seen in a long time by someone with your experience on these forums. :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan:

If someone logs out in the presence of another player in order to avoid death, I consider that cheating.

If someone logs out in the presence of another player in order to avoid death, I consider that cheating.

I will admit to doing something morally wrong, but please dont accuse me of doing anything ethically wrong, the Scary Ghilli was focused on a field/barn full of zombies, he was not attacking me.

By your logic then logging out for bathroom breaks, dinner, sleep, work or logging out near Cherno/Elektro/any high Pop. Area would also be cheating. I was scared, I logged out, I was Morally wrong. I am not a cheater and refuse that accusation vehemently.

An update to my character- I had a fun time, the Antibiotics helped me survive when I got infected, I never did find a primary weapon, but the hatchet is good enough for everything so I dont mind. It was fun to last long enough to be able to get goodish stuff, including most the ingame survival tools, Alice pack and m1911.. oh and I killed and cooked a chicken.

I also was able to avoid two other players without them seeing me, I wanted to try to hatchet them, but they never split up in the town I was at, and two guns vs one hatchet made me nervous, so I had to retreat to the forest while they were in the store.. I then accidentaly dove to prone right into a tree, and I guess my character snapped her neck or something, because it was instant death.

But it was still the most fun I have had yet, I actually feal I was getting somewhere!

Pity you logged , you may have missed the most intense early moment of your DayZ journey. The only person you robbed was yourself..now man up :)

• Like 1