Sign in to follow this  
kealthkewk

This game feels unplayable and to complicated to get into.

Hello I recently got this game and have earlier been playing Warz. Before I always thought about buying this game but when I heard the stand alone was coming I thought I should wait so I bought Warz cheap on steam so I could get introduced to the zombie survival genre. I'd heard that it was a really crappy game so I didn't have any big expectations on it but I liked it, I really liked the idea of the genre, surviving you know. I got really hooked by it and played 150 hours in a little more than two weeks, the game was overall bad but totally playable in my opinion. So I though if I could get this much fun out of Warz, damn Dayz would be like one of the best games I've ever played. So I bought it, joined this forum a bit earlier and the community was very helpful and nice to me.

Then I got it installed, it was quite an challenge to get it running on my own (you know I've always got my games installed quite easy) but I got it running. Then I was going to join a server, that was a bit harder, I had problems knowing which one was an original and which one that was a private. In the beginning I played on a server found like a gun and some food, then I had to log out and later when I joined a server I didn't have my recent stuff, it was really confusing for a new player. But I solved it by using commander after some googling.

Then I got into the game, though it was hard, many servers kicked me for various reasons and some had this extremely crappy fps. And when I got into a good server I sometimes started running in the air like 2 meters up and then fell down and died, for no reason totally randomly.

Hope the standalone will be better.

• Like 3

Hi.

Most of the issues you mention are a result of DayZ being a free mod for Arma 2 (It's Arma 2 that you purchased). It can be confusing for people not familiar with using mods but there's little that can be done about it due to it's nature.

The SA will be a game that will be released in a more traditional way and will install using the traditional methods.

Regarding falling in the air then dying, that sounds like hackers. The answer to that is to find a reputable server with good admins.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Yeah the mod can be frustrating! I played DayZ last summer but stopped because of all the hackers and the inability to find a good server. I came back and got whitelisted on a private server and it's been awesome ever since! Once you find a comfortable server to play on you'll have a blast! :)

Standalone will be better. They focused on the engine and server to client architecture so there won't be hackers for a very long time until someone finds a way. Also no mods will be needed to play it, making it more user-friendly.

• Like 1

Just stick with us, no other game will give you the same emotions, your heart pounding when you're being hunted by bandits, or the joy of finding some good loot :D

• Like 2

Standalone will be better. They focused on the engine and server to client architecture so there won't be hackers for a very long time until someone finds a way. Also no mods will be needed to play it, making it more user-friendly.

What are you clairvoyant?

The client can't run scripts (yet) and most things are controlled server side (Making it an MMO). Also Arma 2's engines was made to run Scripts, DayZ's wasn't. With this I'm presuming it will be hard to hack. Edited by BwobBwub

Hello I recently got this game and have earlier been playing Warz. Before I always thought about buying this game but when I heard the stand alone was coming I thought I should wait so I bought Warz cheap on steam so I could get introduced to the zombie survival genre. I'd heard that it was a really crappy game so I didn't have any big expectations on it but I liked it, I really liked the idea of the genre, surviving you know. I got really hooked by it and played 150 hours in a little more than two weeks, the game was overall bad but totally playable in my opinion.

I must be retarded but I kinda like WarZ :|, maybe because i'm used to dayz where it feels like you're pushing that w button really hard to walk forwards but.. meh.

The client can't run scripts (yet) and most things are controlled server side (Making it an MMO). Also Arma 2's engines was made to run Scripts, DayZ's wasn't. With this I'm presuming it will be hard to hack.

On consoles maybe, on PC it will probably be hacked to shit probably even before it gets released.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

When you don't die from bugs or cheaters it's very fun, played for about 3 hours on one character today but died naturally. That was a good game.

• Like 2

yea, good luck finding an official server.

on PC it will probably be hacked to shit probably even before it gets released.

Yep.

On consoles maybe, on PC it will probably be hacked to shit probably even before it gets released.

Can you tell the difference?

That's for sure. Every game has hacks and hackers. Problem here is the script method allows hackers to be GODs between mortals. In the SA the hacks will be the usual, autoaim & wallhack. Maybe some duping as in all those MMO. But I don't think we will start hearing the SAW song and then suddenly die (happened to me once) or getting teleported to a private hacker rodeo party. Nor seeing jets flying around the map (that is for sure, impossible in the SA) so I consider this a win already.

• Like 1

Can you tell the difference?

Guess he never played an mmo before and clearly doesnt iunderstand the server-client architecture.

I encounter those problems, but usually when I use a server from another country. I'm in the US so I search for servers including "US" in the server name. I've found about 15 servers that I use without problems.

I'd use one of the 3rd party server programs. I use DAYZCOMMANDER. My Arma is on Steam. Daycommander makes updates easy.

Download and install DayzCommander to make joining a game simple and pain-free.

Join private servers so as to avoid hackers as much as possible.

Once you get comfortable with it (a couple of days for me), you'll have no problem finding a good server. (taking the time to get whitelisted may be worthwhile)

You can still break a leg and die randomly by walking over the wrong surface... but it doesn't happen too often.

I've played about 80 hours of DayZ and have yet to be killed by a hacker OR break my leg from walking on the wrong surface...

The DayZ gods smile down upon me. :)