Laser Sights

Molotov cocktails

Pipe bombs

Bile bomb / smoke bomb (use them to your advantage in a hoard attack or toss them between you and your attacker/s)

Exploding gas cans, oxygen tanks, propane tanks, exploding barrels, cola 6-packs, working coke* machines, bayonets, shields, fire works.

Zombies drop ammo (I run out of ammo after a couple hoard attacks, a few more rounds would not hurt)

Turn the power on in Chernarus

Working barbwire to keep the zombies out

The ability to carry two packs (one large and smaller or smallest one inside of it) for a larger capacity to carrying things or hide them in forest like tents for stashing your gear or gear for a friend. or just being able to pick-up there pack and carry it in my pack would be a dream come true. http://img341.images...61305340837.png

A day and night time server for people that work long hours

Ammo Crates / Ammo boxes (with every type of ammo)

Defibrillators / Shock Paddles (will only bring VIC back to life)

Claymore Mines

Zombie eyes that glow white in the dark (so we can see them first).

Make the M1014 & 1866 shotguns fire the same ammo

Jet-Skis

Attack Dog

ATV Quad Bikes

The option to flip quad bike back over after a roll over

The option to siphon gas from other vehicles, remove tires, engine, windshield glass and other things from other damaged vehicles

Camo Faces

camouflage smock's (to keep the rain off and help blend into the surroundings)

Item: slot count in item description (can't tell how many slots an item will take-up in inventory/backpack).

NVG's and GPS for night time battles (way too hard to find, too rare).

Add gilly suit and make skins loot-able items so we can loot them from dead bodies

Zombie spawn radius seems to be broken, I cant tell if there are bandits and survivors in the town or if I triggered the Z-spawn myself. Whats the zombie spawn radius in meters? I don't know...

Change debug area to Insel Skalisty Island (137/124)

Different factions so that when we kill each other, we can capture there clothing/custom skin and infiltrate there ranks. So, custom/customizable skins will be the faction you choose (will also slow down some of the useless killing by having different factions to belong to).

Change temp values from 42 Celsius to 98.7 Fahrenheit (normal body temp.)

rifle butt-stroke and bayonet Malay animation: http://edu.glogster....54/30035412.jpg (if zombies can hit us, we should be able to hit them back).

canned goods= 200 blood count, cooked meat= 600 blood count & chicken= 800 blood count, rabbit= 1000 blood count

Back-packs on some of the military zombies

I want to hear and locate animals by sound at night

A working Train that goes up and down the coast. One that can be stopped and boarded by standing @ a train station (train with zombies on it).

Working parachute (cant jump out of the helicopter w/o killing myself).

new loot item images like:

spare ribs

beef ribs

pork ribs

bacon

plucked chicken

churche's chicken box (three piece chicken dinner)

popie's chicken box

kentucky fried chicken box

lamb chops

tenderloin

milk

pork chops

stakes

rib tips

pork roasted rump :)

This list is only going to get bigger. If I get any more bright ideas I'll append them to this list. Anyone else reading this post, please feel free to add your own.

Edited by mlewis
  • Like 1

Flare guns

Fishing tackle and fish to catch!

More zombies in the woods

More animals in the woods, that move away from you

- Create a group

- Creating camps with spawn in / near the tent. Possible if they are at least two tents and a campfire

- If we killed a zoombe in a few meters from the water, water may be complained of and the need to seek medication for abdominal pain

- The water in my flask should be enough for two to three times

- more vehicles

- It can also add weapons RH Rus?

- Tent synchronization with other servers (if possible)

- rod to fish (if possible)

- possibility fireplace nearer the tree (after the trees)

- The same tent

If I remember something else invents a write

Laser Sights

Molotov cocktails

Pipe bombs

Bile bomb / smoke bomb (use them to your advantage in a hoard attack or toss them between you and your attacker/s)

Exploding gas cans' date=' oxygen tanks, propane tanks, exploding barrels, cola 6-packs, working cock machines, bayonets, shields, fire works.[/quote']

Laser sights exists, molotovs are planned, smoke grenades attract zombies, and we're not trying to remake L4D.

More zombies in the woods

Zombies are dead people, so the only reason zombies would be in the woods if they were out hunting when they were zombified. So zombies in the woods don't make too much sense.

• Like 1

working cock machines

I'm not sure what game you're playing but I don't think it's DayZ.

There is something to be said for zombies randomly wandering off when there is no more food in the towns. Unless they have some sort of animal instinct to stay near cities, if their main motivation is to consume living flesh, they eventually would begin to spread out into the towns.

working cock machines

wow, sounds like your not liking my ideas. how about coming up with a few of your own. and yes, I'm talkin' DayZ Mod here.

motorcycles (two person)

fit smaller packs into larger ones (allow for more items in backpack)

boats (faster travel up the coast)

three drinks from a canteen instead of one

a working coke* machine would be realistic right?

p.s. these are just ideas, i'm not trying to create another left4dead

working cock machines

a working cock machine would be realistic right?

I think you mean COKE x3

If you'll google 'cock' I think you'll find out why we think what you said is funny.

Also no, the power grid is down. If they added generators that power the local power grid like I've suggested in thread 'let there be light' then sure why not. Perhaps you could just loot the machine anyway not like in post apocalypse you'd be scared the police will get you for vandalism.

that was a type error sorry. kids spilled something on the keyboard

:blush:

Hate it when kids spill cock on my keyboard.

Dirt bikes

mountain bikes

boats

brdms- because i have a feeling if i ever did repair a car ever person would shoot at you, survivor and bandito alike.

Flare guns

A couple of really good bases for the people to fight over

Planes

atv

and maybe a scud missile :>

BRDM's without any vehicle ammo would actually be fantastic, they can hold alot of people, it would encourage groups to form and stay together and forage for fuel etc, and the wheels can still be shot at causing the BRDM to stop and need repairs, also if i remember correctly BRDM's open the front driver and passenger windows when the engine is on, so they would be hard to take out but not impossible.

working cock machines

Interesting concept.

Looks like we're gonna be running around with new melee weapons!

EDIT 5/27 Changed to reflect new ideas and those that have been included:

Fine tuned Zombie Behaviors (click me)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable "survival" with more realistic options:

Water: I'd like to be able to drink when you are near water even if you don't have a canteen, just because you should be able to. I once lost all my gear due to an extended swim (everything but my pistol and ammo) and was irritated that even though there was water all around I was very likely to die of dehydration anyway because I didn't have a container to drink from. Every farm and village should have at least one manual water pump and well. Water is far to sparse in this game for the climate and terrain. On the flip side of that coin make sea water undrinkable. Should be able to last 24 hours with no drink (although any extension towards realism would be welcome). You'd be thirsty but this isn't exactly the Sahara desert either.

Food: I'd like to see more animals in the woods. If more players start to hunt for their meals the already sparse animals will be completely wiped out! How about basic fishing tackle and fish to catch? Canned food is very sparse (I've never seen any) in the smaller villages and farms. Would it hurt to scatter a bean can here, some sardines there?

Foraging: I'd like to see the addition of foraging for things to eat that don't require a fire to eat them. Wild berries, nuts, mushrooms, roots, grubs, etc. for food. Natural pain killers used to be chewing on some willow bark (contains the same ingredient as aspirin), bandages were moss and mud, etc. Perhaps foraging in gardens in towns could also supply "an old turnip" and the like with enough time spent looking (not automatic). Matches and other ways to make fire, hunting knives (any sharp knife) and containers to hold water should be far more common and should have at least limited availability at pretty much any village or farm.

Consumption and blood regeneration: Food and water consumption made more realistic, perhaps on a caloric system. Sit still, consume less. Run like crazy, consume more. Regen blood slowly over time based on water and food levels. Eating 20 cans of beans or half a dozen steaks to rebuild lost blood just doesn't make much sense. And where are the Chernarus version of MREs (Meal Ready to Eat)? High in calories, lightweight, and maybe found around military bases?

Skills, perks, etc.: I really don't want a perk based game. Here is a method of implementing "skills" while keeping the game item based. "Books" could be added as findable objects... You might have one called "wilderness survival guide" that identifies good to eat things from those that are poisonous, meaning that not every mushroom you find will be a tasty treat. Other books could be "emergency first aid" that could be used in lieu of medical supplies, "auto repair" for fixing vehicles, "pilot check list" before you can take off in that helicopter you put together, etc. One book per person at any time (?) Setting a broken bone could be a "do unto others" action much like blood transfusions are now.

Dynamic weather and cycles of the moon synced to provide MP/JIT coherence. Maybe zombies go crazy at the sound of thunder, maybe fog or hard rain hurts their vision as much as it does ours. Could include hypothermia which produces the same sort of shaking as when in pain. Cure by time by camp fire, staying indoors when it's raining, additional "rain gear", etc. items.

Free range zombies and migration: I know this mod will one day have a back story to it and I'd love to know what it was going to be. If the Dayz time frame is significantly after the start of the plague (infection, whatever) then "local" zombies would eventually run dry. Zombies spawning inland (on the dry edges of the map) and moving towards the coastal areas would represent the possibility that Chernarus is one of the last pockets of humanity and the zombies are migrating here in search of fresh food. This would make the north lands more dangerous and explain why more zombies might be found in the wilderness, secondary roads headed to the coast, etc.

Extras:

Replace american weapons with those more suited to the location.

Sort ammo by caliber instead of weapon. Shotguns especially. Magazine fed weapons might take an action to "convert" to use... example: convert .45 cal 1911 rounds to .45 cal revolver. Same with 9mm, 5.56, etc.

Fix flashlight so you can hold it in one hand with a pistol in the other.

Beautiful Oktyabr, those are some great suggestions. I would love to see some of them (if not all) implemented into the DayZ Mod.

Crafting Molotov Cocktails out of rags and whiskey bottles when you look at a gas can.

That and adding propane tanks that you have to attach flares to so they explode when you shoot them.

Anti-personnel mines.

SKS and Mosin Nagant.

The ability to consolidate magazines, IE you have AK mags with 10, 3, 4 and 13 rounds would make one 30 rounder. Or having a .45 ACP speed loader for the revolver and loading bullets into 1911 magazines. But you need to have the magazines to fill on hand.

Perhaps a system where there are boxes of ammo where you can have 100 (At least two or three magazines worth of ammo) or so bullets in and separate magazines you have to load manually? (I don't know if this is possible, and if it is, it'll require a LOT of scripting)

SKS and Mosin Nagant.

Definitely! Not only do they fit the region but they are probably in the top five most common long arms in existence, somewhere just below the AK-47

Disclaimer: I'm not even sure if these would be possible given the constraints of the Arma 2 engine, which is why I added them in the wish list rather than as separate suggestions.

To add to this wish list, since we now have a tool box, I would love to see some form of basic ingame crafting. The tool box, given certain materials, would allow for players to create (with scrap metal, tin cans, and maybe a few choice chemicals) a rudimentary loading bench, enabling players to craft hand loaded ammunition, a la Metro 2033 or Fallout New Vegas. If not craftable, then making such objects in cities (or back woods barns, for the gun-crazed farmer) would make for some interesting interactions as players seek out these places.

Military grade ammunition could be made more rare as a result, but home made ammo would be weaker, less accurate and prone to being duds, if not exploding outright. Having to search for more materials, such as the primers, powders, and bullets (or simply including them as implied in a generic "kit"), as well as shell casings from used ammunition (with a variable being thrown in for how much is actually saved) would allow players to recycle their spent ammo, granting convenience in exchange for less effectiveness with a weapon.

More custom weapons such as the crossbow would be nice. Also drawing inspiration from Metro 2033, things such as pneumatically powered rifles (super BB guns) would be feasible in the setting, as the guns have been in use for a few hundred years and could even bring down deer or boar; it's not unrealistic to say that a subsonic round could pierce a human skull. The trade off would be slightly more ammo per "magazine," as lead pellets aren't exactly bulky, but drastically less damage than a real firearm. If not true air rifles, then something similar to a lever action spring piston rifle, in effect pumping the rifle with each shot.

I like the idea of turning the power on.

Then they could increase the spawn rate with 20% or something, since light would attract zombies in the night.

Power should be like 2KM out of town, and it only last for 30 mins each time its turned on.

* Id like to see the ability to enter all buildings. Its frustrating when you have been out in the rain and dark and you stumble across a small hamlet only to find you cant enter any of the buildings :(

* Another idea from in game experiance is to be able to form up together as a team. Also to be able to see who someone is (name tag) if very close (like a meter). I think that would help people who genuinly want to band together as friends rather than the blank staring you get when you meet someone and the inevitable,. ''Do I type 'hi im friendly and im the one staring at you right now by the lighthouse, so please dont shoot, lets be friends' or do I shoot him in the face (because I dont know who he/she is) before they shoot me?'

* The ability to see chat history. A chat window I guess

1. Ingame Clan-System how by ZL RPG + Clan Zones to capture.

2. Safe-Zones: Citys with NPCs to meet, trade ...

3. More Cars = more live in the North.

I think non lethal weapons would be awesome. I'd pretty much never kill if I didn't have to and if I could stun and incapacitate people I would do it quite often.

Scenario:

a guy shoots at you, you shoot him back and kill him. You WANT that guy dead.

you don't know if you can trust a guy or want anything to do with him. You shoot him with a tazer or some sort of rubber bullet and put him down.

I do gotta say though, if they did add this there is like a 95% chance if I see you near me I'm going to put you down in some form, lethal or otherwise.

There are just times when I don't want to kill a man and I know I'm going to be put into that position (haven't yet, but when I play with my friend I know we're going to be out to watch each other's backs). Your thoughts?

Feral dogs and feral pigs. They attack on sight. This game needs more "baddies". Not just zombies.

SKS and Mosin Nagat are awesome suggestions. Get rid of the Enfield.

Most of Okytbar's ideas are spot on.:)