This guide may help you out http://kodabar.blogs...rma-2-free.html and link to mod files http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/

"DayZ is suddenly available on Steam. This makes installation much easier. You must have ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead (or Combined Ops which consists of both) already installed and you must have run both of them at least once. I have not had time to properly test this, so cannot answer questions about it at this time. This is the Steam page for DayZ:"

Question: Is installing DayZ through steam in any way advised? I have already tried couple of times during and before this forum post (as you can read in my earlier comments).

Just asking.

Yeah that's the other option, the only reason for not installing via steam is because it can mess up your dayzcommander but as your not using it =)

try changing your dns servers to opendns as it could be that the cdn is blocked in your country. i use the steam version with little problems its just the server browser ain't as good.

try changing your dns servers to opendns as it could be that the cdn is blocked in your country. i use the steam version with little problems its just the server browser ain't as good.

how do I do that?

The steam version gives me this error when I try to launch it:

Addons 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

(I have copied Addons from OA to Arma 2 that shouldn't be causing problems.)

if I clikc "ok" the game launches o_O

Edited by LizardProtector

Alright I'm officially lost. I've tried EVERYTHING you guys suggested, nothing worked, everything is up to date, drivers, .net framework, windows, steam, arma 2, arma 2OA, dayZ, DayZcommander, I switched to openDNS, gave every permission, disabled anti-virus, disabled firewall, nothing changes, nothing nothing nothing :|

I had windows 7 Ultimate last time I had DayZ on my PC, now I have professional. Can that be causing the issue? because I'm just 2 steps away from reinstalling windows, I've never had any issues with ArmA or any other game on my Ultimate now I have a LOT. Getting sick and tired of this <_< >:(

Something is blocking youre access to the arma 2 game for sure. Do you have any brothers /sister or perents who control the router gateway, im pretty sure its a connection problem.

Have you tried open up some ports on youre router? For arma 2 OA its port 2302-2305 udp incoming and 2303-2304 outgoing.

• Like 1

Option 1) Run both Arma II and OA and then restart your PC, then come back and run them again. Try then.

Option 2) Uninstall Commander and re-install.

Option 3) If nothing else works, un-install A2 and OA and reinstall, yes, I know it's a pain, but it has to be done. Make sure you run both and restart your computer and be sure commander is up to date.

Do you have any brothers /sister or perents who control the router gateway?

I am in control of router personally, nobody has touched it I'm sure.

I'll open those ports now and see what happens.

Option 1) Run both Arma II and OA and then restart your PC, then come back and run them again. Try then.

Option 2) Uninstall Commander and re-install.

Option 3) If nothing else works, un-install A2 and OA and reinstall, yes, I know it's a pain, but it has to be done. Make sure you run both and restart your computer and be sure commander is up to date.

Even though I've already done all of those I'll try again tomorrow it's 3 Am now so, just too tired nothing else.

_

Here's the question: When I try to install ArmA 2 OA patch it says "wrong CD-KEY", game through steam launches without any problems, I verified game cache (it always says one file will be reacquired but then again it says it every time I try to verify game cache). The game has no problem launching in any way, not through steam, not manually, it's just when patching it says the serial key is wrong...not sure why.

I'll delete everything ArmA related stuff tomorrow and try 100% fresh install, will open ports in 1 sec and write whatever happens.

I opened ports through windows firewall but this ZTE router settings are so confusing. I'll figure them out tomorrow, My brain is just not working anymore 3:54 AM...

you will get two wrong cd key errors with the new beta patch one for RFT and one for ACR if you dont own them it can be ignored and it will work fine

Alright, I deleted everything ArmA, DayZ, DayZCommander, SixLauncher related, cleaned registry, started steam as admin and am downloading ArmA 2, I will verify integrity cache when it's finished and will launch the game from steam and manually as admin (from .exe)

Then I'll install ArmA 2 OA and do the same.

Then I'll install DayZCommander and hope for the best.

I opened ports through firewall though I can't for the love of god figure out how to open ports for my router. (I typed my IP in search bar, went into my router settings then what, the place is a maze. I found port forwarding but can't figure out what's what. There's "WAN Connection, LAN Host IP Address, AppName(which is empty)" So no idea what's what, I'm not touching that, I'll probably call my Internet provider and ask them to open those ports on my router for me (I think that's possible)

My device was not listed there but I've already found a video on youtube and I think I've opened those ports, now just waiting for ArmA 2 OA to download 30% done

• Like 1

When I verify integrity of game cache it always says "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired", I wonder what's wrong with that...can that be causing the issue?

STILL getting the same thing >:(

WHY is this so problematic, I did everything!?!?! :|

U3HN8oK.png

still the same problem...

You know, it would be easier for you to reinstall windows, if you havent tried that already, something is messed up, and possibly something is blocking or is damage due to unknown reasons.

You had it working before you say, was it on youre current OS?

If yes, try reinstall windows. (If you have a windows cd/usb disk that is)

You had it working before you say, was it on youre current OS?

Yes I had it 100% working and it was on previous OS.

I will do that even though I'm really tired of reinstalling already, I installed windows 8 and didn't like it, then went back to windows 7 professional. The working one (I had it for 9 months until I installed windows 8 and GOD FORSAKE THE DAY WHEN I DID THAT!) was Windows 7 Ultimate, will install it once I'll have time. I hope that'll fix the problem, because the last time I was running DayZ I didn't have to open up any ports or what so ever. It just worked fine.

The thing is, it was on other hardware. I had Asus P8P67-M motherboard and i3-2100, now I have P8Z77 and i5-3750k, but I doubt that's causing the problem.

Hello, i just installed arma 2 and all of its expansions through steam and got dayz commander and installed through it and i got the same error. when verifying cache it always says that 1 file will need to corrected but then steam never does the operation to do so, I'm just wondering if steam is failing to send the file?

Hello, i just installed arma 2 and all of its expansions through steam and got dayz commander and installed through it and i got the same error. when verifying cache it always says that 1 file will need to corrected but then steam never does the operation to do so, I'm just wondering if steam is failing to send the file?

There's really no fix to this problem as of yet. I haven't reinstalled my windows (I'm having exams and I don't have time for this) So I can't confirm if it's because of some OS issue.

Try to open ports and try again, there's nothing else I can really suggest...

There's really no fix to this problem as of yet. I haven't reinstalled my windows (I'm having exams and I don't have time for this) So I can't confirm if it's because of some OS issue.

Try to open ports and try again, there's nothing else I can really suggest...

Dude... at this point, you might as well just wait out for the standalone.

Dude... at this point, you might as well just wait out for the standalone.

I was thinking about that, I probably will too, but still I want to play DayZ not only because of gameplay I want to evaluate my PC, how better did it get after last time as well hehe I was playing on 1680x1050 resolution with 3d res to 800x600 or something :D I want to see how the game LOOKS:D

Ok what if you make a shortcut on you desktop and click it?

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ" -nosplash -world=empty