Sign in to follow this  
Phixef

BattlEye initialization failed.

I've tried reinstalling both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA but every time when I update ArmA 2 I get this error, I'd appreciate it if you helped. Thanks.

Edit: I get "Wrong cd key" error when I try to install the update.

Edited by Phixef

that happens to me as well, but it still let's me install the update, same thing happens with a few of my friends; does it still let you finish the update when you get the error?

what key error does it give acr or arma2 oa

what versions of the game do you have steam/retail or gog

both are from steam, it just says in the middle of the update, and when I press 'Ok' the update just immediately finishes

But most importantly, I get "BattlEye initialization failed" whenever I join a server. I've tried reinstalling both DayZ, ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA. They all have legimate keys and used to work like a charm until I needed to update ArmA 2 one day.

I've also tried doing the stuff that's said on other websites, like starting BattlEye Setup in the game directories but no use.

Have you tried re-installing BattlEye? This should fix the Initialization failed.

open steam, right click all the arma 2 related games in your library, select properties then go to local file tab and select verify game cache. do that to all of them. then close steam out completely, then reopen steam, run each game to their main menu, in this order Arma 2/ arma 2OA/ Arma2 Pmc/Arma 2Baf. then exit from each one. then open dayz commander make sure everything is up to date. then run dayz.

Have you tried re-installing BattlEye? This should fix the Initialization failed.

Yes as I said I did all that's being said on other places

Arma2 Pmc/Arma 2Baf.

I don't know what those are but I did try doing that verification and started them once through steam and then exited steam.

those are the dlc's if you do not have them, pay no attention to them, you only need arma 2 and arma 2 oa (pmc and baf are bonus dlcs)

Delete your BattlEYE folders then install from scratch. Go on the BE website.

Try running steam as admin for the cd key issue.

Try running steam as admin for the cd key issue.

Okay I'll try that thanks

Delete your BattlEYE folders then install from scratch. Go on the BE website.

As I said, I did try reinstalling BattlEye.. Thanks though

I'm getting: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'. followed by: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 when I try to launch ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

I'm getting: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'. followed by: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 when I try to launch ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Try verifying your game cache file. Do you know how to do that?

Try verifying your game cache file. Do you know how to do that?

Yes I do, and I've tried doing that twice already.

I think the last time I made it work by doing some stuff with the folder in the documents but I think it got downgraded. I don't remember what I exactly did but I'd be thankful if you could remind me

This should fix it. Put this in the launch options:-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca