billyangstadt

Standalone release procedure

Not a question about the release date, just a question on the release procedure.

How is it going to work? Is the staff going to post a thread saying it's up?

With the keys being limited are we going to have a 24hr "heads up" before it's released, or will it go to the few hundred that happen to be online at the time?

Thanks.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

With all the current mass confusion, I don't think anyone has a clue what will happen, including Rocket. Good luck.

• Like 1

It's not going to a random few hundred that happen to be online at the time. At first, only invited users will be able to play.

• Like 1

It's not going to a random few hundred that happen to be online at the time. At first, only invited users will be able to play.

I thought that invite has already happened?

There are alot of streamers posting vids.

I guess what you're saying is that even if it's released tomorrow, the rest of us are still playing the waiting game?

:(

Edited by DanicaHamlin

Oh dear. I may be late. Are they posting their own gameplay? Nein nein nein Shut up me

Edited by Inception.

It will just appear on Steam, keys will not be limited.

• Like 1

It will just appear on Steam, keys will not be limited.

OK, cool. I think the confusion came from the early invites. So even if SA were to come out tomorrow, it wouldn't matter to those not invited.

Good to know! LOL

I was going crazy.

OK, cool. I think the confusion came from the early invites. So even if SA were to come out tomorrow, it wouldn't matter to those not invited.

Good to know! LOL

I was going crazy.

Yeh, they originally planned to release keys in blocks (50k or so at a time) They have since scrapped that idea and are just going with full access to everyone at launch.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Hopefully it's a soft release(private) to those invited, if the community hears it's released they'll be a mad influx of threads and rages.

Who knows, maybe it already happened!? B) :beans: :beans:

I guess what you're saying is that even if it's released tomorrow, the rest of us are still playing the waiting game?

:(

Link to those streamer's vids?

Wpnk2JR.gif

GOD DAMNIT INCEPTION!

I nearly had a heartattack until I read a few posts down.

All hail Smasht for his contribution to heartattack avoidance.

• Like 1

is there any way i can donate some money to dayz to help in there development to the standalone?, and with the release procedure are they going to have it on steam as well? as early acces ?

Yeh, they originally planned to release keys in blocks (50k or so at a time) They have since scrapped that idea and are just going with full access to everyone at launch.

Yayyyy... Only problem is i dont have my custom build yet (sadface) COME ON SHIP FASTER NEWEGG >_>

is there any way i can donate some money to dayz to help in there development to the standalone?, and with the release procedure are they going to have it on steam as well? as early acces ?

Nope. Buy the game when it comes out.