Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

Will anyone else play KOS in SA when it comes out?

Until the bodies start piling up and the cities become too risky to visit due to disease unless you have the right gear, that'll mix things up a bit and induce many a tear from people that just want to do the whole Cherno/Electro PVP thing, it should at least break their cycle of play. That Enfield you just grabbed off a noob will probably kill you.

so then you just go to hospital at churno

doesnt matter what they add they have to add it at major citires or high yield places so regardless of what is added the same result will happen. only difference is it will happen slightly different.

I don't get the extremes in this discussion. On one hand you have some people saying a KOS mentality adds nothing to the game. They couldn't be more wrong. If there were no KOS bandits in the world, it would be A LOT safer. Even in standalone, no matter how dangerous zombies are, or how hard basic survival will be, you will always have to consider there may be someone lying in ambush around the next corner, or behind the next pine tree.

This is a huge part of what makes the game exciting.

On the other hand, I agree that the mod lacked mechanics encouraging people to do ANYTHING but employ a 100% KOS mentality in their interaction with other players. This is something I REALLY hope the SA will improve on. If there is no incentive to do anything but KOS, I agree the game suffers for it and we might as well all be playing Wasteland.

But at the end of the day, I will still KOS more than half the time, because that's why I play the game. For old school gank or be ganked-pvp, as well as the appeal of a post-apocalyptic sandbox. :) Killing someone, knowing you're taking away a few hours of progress from them, and at the same time also constantly being at risk of getting killed yourself, it's such a rush. That is the core of the game, the uncertainty, excitement, paranoia. :)

Edited by jovial
  • Like 1

HELL NO, I will be doing my usual medic work and trying to bring a little GOOD into the tough world that is DAYZ.

If all you do as a game is provide the player with the tools to kill things, then don't cry that you're getting killed. the game is see how long you can survive for and get the biggest gun.

I hope that maybe the survival will be as painstaking as Don't Starve where hunger is a real threat that forces you to play the game to feed your hunger. Right now DayZ is pretty broken in terms of how you can keep yourself alive, which leaves the guns. and the pvp as the only real challenge and gameplay.

People like you really don't get the concept of DayZ.

As stated tens of times before in this thread, please for the love of god and allah and ra and lakshmi, do not get the standalone.

Again if the game didn't want you to kill other players the option wouldn't be there.

Again if the game didn't want you to kill other players the option wouldn't be there.

That's true, but it's not really meant to be shoot on sight.

I'll admit it, sometimes I'm shoot on site, especially in the north. But what I hate is in places such as Cherno and Elektro, bandits just shoot newspawns on sight.

It just pisses me off.

People will be to busy trying to survive and find materials to keep them alive.

Broken legs ull need alot more then a morphine and so on.

So all these KOS bitches won't keep playing because getting into a firefight will basically mean death.

The MOD is simple and PVP is very easy and gearing up is also, so this is why everyone does it.

We will all find out who the true DayZ players are when the SA is out.

Edited by ManiacMike69

I actually agree with the OP on one fact... I will be killing people in SA...

Not necessarily KoS, but so help me god, if you get to close to my beans, prep your anus for the wrath of a thousand spider monkeys.

However, this shit needs to be locked... OP is a troll swag *** <3

While you carebears and cod kiddies are fighting it out on the mainland, us real men will be on Utes sipping lemonade and eating crumb cakes.

It's not the playstyle that bothers me, it's the dick-swinging on the forums that seems to go hand in hand with it.

+1

I've seen alot of trolls in my day, but what we have here is the smelly cave variety. Yes OP, please do tell us what server you play on, so I can avoid it. Not a big fan of children. Because really, who makes a thread to rave about KOS'ing people..

I will only KOS in the standalone against people that look particularly dodgy/ act aggressively. Mostly I stay out of peoples' way or help them if they seem friendly. I will be both killing and helping.