Sign in to follow this  
Ravage21

Zombies in Starysober

I am looking for some methods of how to avoid the mass amount of zombies in the tents area in Stary. There is just a stupid number of them and shooting them is never an option, because atleast half of them are always too buggy too kill. Rounding them up, aborting and reloading does nothing because I think some of the tents are spawn points for them. They are always there. Looting the area across servers almost seems pointless now. The zombies aren't even adding a challenge to it, they are just frustrating.

• Like 1

Why dont you make a post in the suggestion thread to remove zombies?

• Like 7

Don't server hop, or zombie log is a good start.

Just wait for them to scatter then call through. If you get an aggro, get to the closest tent and either hatchet it, or shoot it in the head with the quietest gun you have.

• Like 3

Come in from north of the tents. Allow zombies to disperse a bit. Low crawl from tent to tent, hatchet ready to silently chop down any that aggro on you.

have you tried smoke grenades/empty tin-cans/empty JD bottles..? also as Statik stated server hopping to loot certain locations is just lessening the experience for yourself. I'm baffled with the sincerity of your post that you can get enjoyment from a game portraying a zombie outbreak.

• Like 1

Teamwork, 1 -2 of you to aggro the zeds and lead them away while 1 -2 of you loot the tents and pick off any stragglers.

use hatchet or silenced guns and use smoke grenades to lure them away from where you want to be. You might want to try playing when it's dark too, makes it way easier to stay hidden.

use hatchet or silenced guns and use smoke grenades to lure them away from where you want to be. You might want to try playing when it's dark too, makes it way easier to stay hidden.

Be batman

No I kid.

Back on topic: IN agreement with what Glorious Esposition said, you also will have to at some point take a risk and try and sneak your way through. I know I've done it several times, even with Zombies literally walking next to me in cases while I prone. All in all there is no easy answear to this because you still take a risk.

Be batman

No I kid.

Back on topic: IN agreement with what Glorious Esposition said, you also will have to at some point take a risk and try and sneak your way through. I know I've done it several times, even with Zombies literally walking next to me in cases while I prone. All in all there is no easy answear to this because you still take a risk.

Agree there, it's all about risk. Sometimes you can walk right by them, sometimes they will spot you from almost crazy distances. Just make sure you have your hatchet at the ready.

Also imagine if you had batman level equipment, damn you would be set.

• Like 1

Agree there, it's all about risk. Sometimes you can walk right by them, sometimes they will spot you from almost crazy distances. Just make sure you have your hatchet at the ready.

Also imagine if you had batman level equipment, damn you would be set.

Grappling hook, Batarangs, heh, xD

• Like 1

I hope you keep on failing to loot good stuff with the tactics you use, because server-hopping and de-aggroing zombies via aborting is BS

This has to be a joke right? Openly admitting to zombie logging and server hopping and saying it's only because the zombies are too frustrating to enjoy the game.... sheesh. If you really want my advice on how to deal with zombies in Stary, turn off DayZ.

I don't like being an elitist asshole - I love it - but if this is not a joke then this game clearly isn't for you.

• Like 1

sneak in from the north and go straight into one of the bigger tents on the end. drop your rifle there and pull out your hatchet. kill whatever zombies have chased you into the tent and go loot the tent line. pick up your gun again on the way out if you haven't picked up a replacement. also you should refrain from picking up any gun you find until you have checked out all the tents, because you really want to be using the hatchet while you are still looting.

I'm not saying I regularly use these strategies, which I'm sure all of us have done our fair share of server hopping and aborting in the short year this game has been popular, I'm putting emphasis on the significance of the zombies there. There's no debating that they are a buggy mess and at times can make the game un-enjoyable.

That being said, I never considered using a spare hatchet and I'll give it a try when I get the chance. Thanks to those who actually contributed to my question.

Edited by Ravage21

Appearance makes all the difference. If you hadn't said that you at some point logged/hopped, no one would've dissed you. Full disclosure doesn't get you points unless it's a worthwhile addition to what you're saying.

Having said that, my actual advice is what StoneColdSteve said. I do what he does to a T.

Edited by WBK

Um. The OP addressed 1.7.7+ zombie spawning.

I can find more zombs in a one enterable house town than I can in Electro.

I often see two lines. TWO LINES. Of never-ending zomb spawns that BOTH end inside the one enterable house. This makes the house unlootable.

I don't think this was intended. There is a problem.

It ruins the game because it is "unrealistic" to the game world. Zomb spawns should make sense. That's all we are saying.

Zombs camping loot is retarded as well. It COULD happen, but not to the degree that it does.

You can try waiting at these high spawn areas, waiting for the five visible zombs to all enter a building and leave, but OH, HERE COMES FIVE MORE! Repeat.

Edited by need matches

Hatchet.

/topic

Really, the hatchet is your best friend. If you want to loot somewhere like Stary solo it's a good idea to leave enough space in your pack to quickly switch out your primary to a melee weapon. Aggro'd zeds are like a beacon to other players.

Stary Sobor, Kids :) (I am sorry this phrase is so bad, but I needed to put it anywhere)