Sign in to follow this  
jamez123698

Creation of a mod with scarcer weapons, and harmful zombies!

Hey!

I've found that there are far too many guns in DayZ at the minute and to be honest theres been far too many for a long time. My suggestion is that weapons should become much scarcer, so that when you do find one, you become excited and then you treasure it.

This would not only reduce the amount of kills on sight, but would also improve cooperation between players and would improve the survival aspect of the game (as there is little survival aspect to running round from spawning to a firestation to pick up an AK within 5 minutes of starting, then killing others on sight).

Another feature to add would be zombies that kill the player rather quickly! This would again make people think twice about shooting in cities and other settlements and would, again, improve cooperation and make the game more exciting and tense to play. I really just want to revive the feeling which I got when I first played DayZ, where if I found a Winchester, I would treasure it and would sneak around everywhere.

Anyways just a lil suggestion to think about :D

Edited by jamez123698

We had such a mod, It was called DayZ Mod 1.7.7

Alas it lasted for just a few short days but many of us remember it with genuine warmth and fondness. We take comfort from the fact that it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Edited by (MUC) Feral
  • Like 6

I'm not sure if there are still any servers up because the devs abandoned it in favour of starting a new project but DayZ+ was pretty much what you describe.

There's already such a mod. It's called DayZ 2017. Go look it up.

Weapons are definitely less common in 2017 but the zombies are pretty much the same as in stock DayZ.

Edited by mZLY

There is a game coming out - it is called DayZ Standalone

(I hope to God that isn't the release name)

dayZ 2017 is so good, weapons are rare and ammo is even rarer. the best weapons you'll find are like moisin-nagants lol

Yeah and the one who gots a weapon can easely kill the new spawn/players with no weapons and camp the shit out of electro or cherno.

It would increase the kill on sight on the bandit side beacuse they have not the fear to get shot.

Maybe it would be cool to find more weapon on real places for weapons.... in dearstands, police stations, military stations and not inside of a school, officebuildings, churches or everywhere like now.

If the standalone dont gives me access to military weapons ill not play it.

At moment Origins is much better as everything i heard about the sa.(in my opinion)

I'm not sure if there are still any servers up because the devs abandoned it in favour of starting a new project but DayZ+ was pretty much what you describe.

Weapons are definitely less common in 2017 but the zombies are pretty much the same as in stock DayZ.

Last time i tried 2017 the zombies could destroy you in seconds.

I think Rockets calling it 'DayZ: Cholera & SS13'

• Like 2

Dayz plus is the way to go but development has stopped I'm pretty sure.

The DayZ 2017 mods is indeed an interesting experience, quite enjoyed it.

Sorry DirtyCry, but Origins is nothing in comparison to DayZ or the other mods. I'm not going to go into this again so i'll just finish with one small detail, Magical safehavens with electric codepads. Its everything DayZ mod/SA should do its best to stay clear of.

There's already such a mod. It's called DayZ 2017. Go look it up.

Yeah ive been on that, but very few people play it now

It's just called DayZ, have you not got it on Steam already? :S