Microbicus

1.7.7.1 cloning glitch.

Hi...

After 1.7.7.1 update . ******Removed***********

Anyone knows how to fight this? These standing bodies are really annoying. Its also a ultimate dupe bug because you can relogin many times and thats after updating to 1.7.7

Previously thanks!

Would have been nice if the video wasn't what looked like "Promoting" the glitch.

• Like 1

Please do not post gliches or exploits.

This is a known problem.

If you have something to report do so in the Bug Report Forum.

• Like 1

Ask the server admin to fix its a simple comment of one line.

• Like 1

https://github.com/D...rDisconnect.sqf

Line: 19 to 27 or just replace with

#ifdef LOGIN_DEBUG

_characterID = _playerObj getVariable["characterID", "?"];

_timeout = _playerObj getVariable["combattimeout",0];

_timeout = _timeout - time;

diag_log format["Player UID#%1 CID#%2 %3 as %4, logged off at %5%6",getPlayerUID _playerObj, _characterID, _playerObj call fa_plr2str, typeOf _playerObj, (getPosATL _playerObj) call fa_coor2str,

if ((!isNil "_timeout") AND {(_timeout > 0)}) then {" while in combat"} else {""}

];

#endif

• Like 5

I updated this code and repackaged the server pbo right after this came out. I haven't seen anyone clone since, but that could also be because of the amount of players I banned I caught using the exploit.

ppl can still do this, i updated my server_onPlayerDisconnect with this a few days ago.

not going to say exactly what they do, but if they log out in a certain state they can still dupe their character upon logging back in.

Its been fixed for the next patch

Any idea when we can expect this?

It's a game breaking bug and all it takes is to die and relog for it to happen, hardly a glitch method - its happening to everyone!

I completely appriciate what you are trying to achieve, and "double testing" an alpha would usually be silly - but you have a massive active userbase that needs to be maintained, and there has been a massive decrease in active players since the 1.7.7 patch (just look on dayz commander!)

Please more testing next time, this patch has been a nightmare.

There are many pools intelligent players that would be willing to test the new patch for five minutes to prevent this stuff - just allow a few server admins to host the update before its released and we can indentify this stuff properly, quickly and easily - for mofo free - and you'll get some solid feedback for some quick fixes, and get the credit you deserve instead of releasing hotfixes and breaking other stuff in the process.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ask the server admin to fix its a simple comment of one line.

I am having a hard time finding this file. Any chance I can get some help?? I found like 25 clones the other day :(

I am having a hard time finding this file. Any chance I can get some help?? I found like 25 clones the other day :(

It is located in your @hive/Addons directory. You will need to unpack the dayz_server.pbo file. Then the file is located in the dayz_server/compile directory. Make the code change and then repackage the pbo.

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 1

Ive seen a couple people mentioning the fact that that dayz patches arent tested properly before release. If people took the time to READ this forum a bit better they would know the devs are trying to get more people to test updates before releasing. If hardly no1 shows up in the test server patches cant be fully tested. So read the forum and put some effort in getting patches tested the way they should before whinging about stuff not being properly tested.

Ive seen a couple people mentioning the fact that that dayz patches arent tested properly before release. If people took the time to READ this forum a bit better they would know the devs are trying to get more people to test updates before releasing. If hardly no1 shows up in the test server patches cant be fully tested. So read the forum and put some effort in getting patches tested the way they should before whinging about stuff not being properly tested.

Maybe the point is they shouldn't be releasing patches to a game that was great to begin with. This patch has just made the game less fun than it used to be. It adds some small things that are better but ends up taking out things people liked, like more than 2 heli crash's per restart (the infected survivor camps are worthless and harder to find than the heli crash's), maybe leaving one 50 cal in like the m107 (since it has massive recoil and a loud gunshot) while taking out the overpowered as50, making it so zombies are more challenging but don't infect you ridiculously easy, or if they do at least make it so hospitals continue to spawn what they did pre patch instead of spawning mostly trash (it's just no fun looking for loot in this game at all anymore considering the amount of items that just don't spawn, not even trash half the time. Some people just don't even bother checking heli crash's anymore because there's nothing worthwhile to find at them). It's just the idea of forcing a patch on players that don't want it in the first place, I loved this game before 1.7.7 and 1.7.7.1 came out and since it has I've barely played since it hit. Of course now my tents full of items are disappearing due to non-use but that's my own fault and that's fine but if I want to get back into the game it shouldn't take all of my time and resources irl to find something worthwhile. It's no longer a game about survival, it's a game based on pure luck. Luck on whether you're going to die from getting infected the next time a zombie hits you randomly while you get stuck trying to exit a building because somehow they are able to run through walls still even though the patch was supposed to fix this, etc.

It's possible I'm just a little bitter considering this patch is the reason why my character that had everything good you could want simply disappeared without a trace and I'm simply hoping standalone comes out soon so that I can say goodbye to this mod and never look back since it's being taken in a direction I just don't find fun at all. Standalone might not be a whole lot better, but at least it won't feel like we're being force fed a patch that changes the entire scope of the game when that's something most of the people playing DayZ didn't want in the first place. That's my random rant in the middle of a random thread that could probably have it's own thread but whatevs.

No one is feeding you anything you can revert to any patch you like or any mod of dayz you like. DayZ will be going back to its original roots. Some will like it others wont.

Its going to be hard, brutal, unforgiving in every aspect.

You die you lose everything you had.

You spend time finding creating gear/items/mods/weapons.

You spend time trying to survive the elements.

You spend time trying to survive other players.

everything you do can end in one wrong move.

Welcome to DayZ

A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

• Like 5

It is located in your @hive/Addons directory. You will need to unpack the dayz_server.pbo file. Then the file is located in the dayz_server/compile directory. Make the code change and then repackage the pbo.

Thank you!! Ill let you know when I break my server :)

I'd be more than happy to test the patches. I am a tester by trade, so applying my job to games would be awesome. Hope a dev / forum admin sees this. (was actually going to PM rocket with my proposition by decided against it at the last moment xD)

Yeah i've seen this on the server we play on, people dupe and clone every time they log off, then their friends grab alltheir gear - they log back in and they have 2x the amount of stuff.

Is that fix allowable for a public server? I will wait for an answer before doing this.

Yes its just a logging system. You can edit without any worrys

The fix mentioned on page 1 doesn't seem to work for either duping glitch that is currently out there.

I am running v1.7.7.1 on a dayz.st server.

Anyone have an update for this fix that works on 1.7.7.1 yet?